Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Has anyone bought/ordered from Golfworks?

luckyme

I am looking to buy a new set of golf clubs and have come across a place called Golfworks which makes Maltby, CER, Distance Master brands of clubs. Has anyone bought from them and do you have any comments, good or bad?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am looking to buy a new set of golf clubs and have come across a place called Golfworks which makes Maltby, CER, Distance Master brands of clubs. Has anyone bought from them and do you have any comments, good or bad?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I guess not.

They sell Golf Galaxy right? I always see the sticker in the window as custom fit clubs by Matlby.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I went to one of their shops for custom-fitting today. The guy seems to know what he was doing. He asked me to try a variety of clubs, took some notes and then recommended the club length, lie angle and the type of shafts, heads, grips etc. The store is a components store. The set he came up with included the cost of the components and $10/club to put together. The whole thing came to about probably half of the name brands.

I will provide an update when I have received and tried them out.

Don't be in love with name brands, a custom fitting, and good quality equipment is all you need. The fitting will help you a ton!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Don't be in love with name brands, a custom fitting, and good quality equipment is all you need. The fitting will help you a ton!

I definitely hope it will improve my game - and the saving is a big added bonus.

They sell Golf Galaxy right? I always see the sticker in the window as custom fit clubs by Matlby.

Golf Galaxy bought GolfWorks a few years back. Golf Galaxy stores have discontinued selling components via GolfWorks (i.e. heads/grips/accessories)...

Golf Galaxy still HIGHLY recommends those who need shafts/grips/heads, etc., to buy directly from GolfWorks and have the stuff shipped to your home... (it comes way faster then if you order through GG.)

Being an employee at GG, we always have/and will continue to believe in the MPF (Maltby Playability Factor) when it comes to irons and wedges. If you have any questions, feel free to head to your nearest GG location for more!

- Happy GG employee!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

So where do you get fitted for them, at Golf Galaxy, or a cheesy on-line fitting tool?

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• 3 weeks later...

So where do you get fitted for them, at Golf Galaxy, or a cheesy on-line fitting tool?

Maltby literally wrote the book on club fitting. The same book used in the tour vans. I believe the fitters at GG are trained in the Maltby manner of dynamic fitting. There is no online tool, other than one that gives you a rough idea of which shafts to look at. I got fitted at Golfworks last year and now my entire bag (head wise) is comprised of Maltby products, and so is my kids and my wifes. For the price, the quality is much more than you paid for.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE the Maltby CT250 driver line I am a 18 hcp and usually out drive the TM,,Cobra, Titilist, Ping, ect. The Beta Titanium is better than the oem's use stronger and springs more

I have hit some of their irons and didn't care for them, but they recommended super game improvement and did not like the way they set up and as all of you know if it dont look pretty it dont play pretty. BTW I play Adams A4 idea tech forged irons and have much more confidence in my game. my 2 cents

Archived