Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What would you do if you saw this?

JBones

What would you do if you saw this happening?  I personally would be whooping some a$$.  A few years ago, right before the City tournament, somebody went out on the 10th green and drew a giant penis with the words "suck it" with Round Up.  There was no way to repair it, so they just had to wait for it to work it's way out.

I think an @ss whoopin would be in order.  Someone just ripped up two green on the West Course at Winged Foot a week or two ago.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/report-atvs-destroy-two-holes-winged-foot/

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

If it turns out they were kids - I'd offer them a deal - get prosecuted or work it off as part of the maintenance crew.  Then maybe they'd learn how much work goes in to keeping a golf course in good shape and what kind of damage they did as vandals.  

Would also make them clean the port-a-potties with a tootbrush...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think an @ss whoopin would be in order.  Someone just ripped up two green on the West Course at Winged Foot a week or two ago.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/report-atvs-destroy-two-holes-winged-foot/

I liked the last sentence in this article about Winged Foot.  "It should be noted that Phil Mickelson and Colin Montgomerie are not considered suspects."

What is it about people who think it's fun to destroy property?  I played a course many years ago in Naples, Florida that had a car get on the course at night and totally destroy one green.  The course told us about it when we checked in; they had to put a temporary green in front of the regular green. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had this happen to our 14th green and fairway last year.  I had some suspects, but nobody could prove anything so we just had to wait it out.

If I would have saw them I would be immediately calling the cops.  Well after parking my cart and ditching the beer that is.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

To answer this truthfully I will not say this being a "G" rated forum and we do have ladies on here too.

A couple of years ago when I was still at the Towing company we had a call. The guy was DUI and running from the police lost it slid across the course and slid through the green and I mean plowed. I got to the scene I knew the super he had already been called. I actually did a side pull setup from roadside to prevent more damage to the course. I know the guy got time for the DUI and driving on a revoked license and failure to yield to a blue light and siren. I did charge extra for the extra work I did but his insurance paid it. Had to explain the bill to them but they paid

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Oh dear West Lancs is such a great course as well.

We had some people drive a car on to our second green a few years back, we've made sure it can't happen again but that green has never been quite right since.

If caught it's up to the courts to deal with them - but sadly catching people is really hard.

If I found someone doing it? Well that's hard, you'd be daft to be yourself in harms way - but if you can get a photo on a phone that'd help - but also you don't want them fleeing across the course and causing loads more damage.

People can be pretty stupid.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

This seems to happen to golf courses, cemeteries, churches and schools. It's almost always kids or young adults and it's sad. I'm sure that we've all been a part of a course so victimized. I've had to deal with it at the other three aforementioned facilities also. It's not fun and it's costly.

If the responsible party is caught prosecution is often but not always the best course of action.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I'd cut their mullets off and probably shoot one of their hound dogs. 

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

If I were a witness to this and there was only one perp, I would show him that a golf club can be inserted anally, butt first. If there were more I would summon help to perform the same action on all of them. I mean this literally, a club up the ass is what they deserve.

Desecrating the hallowed turf demands harsh punishment.    But to be a civilized person I'd keep it legal. 

I agree with the other posts that these acts are usually perpetrated by young, dumb males who are very emotionally confused and probably sexually frustrated.  Suitable punishment would be hard labor at the course they damaged with no compensation, and other community service as well, cleaning and repairing vandalized properties would be good.

Usually once a person produces something with their own hard work, they begin to respect what others have produced with their hard work, and then they stop doing stupid things.

(We did have a 50 yr. mom here in Michigan help her daughter and boyfriend wreck a rival's high school football field, so sometimes, who knows??)

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

If I were a witness to this and there was only one perp, I would show him that a golf club can be inserted anally, butt first. If there were more I would summon help to perform the same action on all of them. I mean this literally, a club up the ass is what they deserve.

ROTFLMAO!!!! That is what I was thinking in my first post but did not really want to come out and say it. Oh well no guts no glory but thanks you said it for me!!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Oh dear West Lancs is such a great course as well.

We had some people drive a car on to our second green a few years back, we've made sure it can't happen again but that green has never been quite right since.

If caught it's up to the courts to deal with them - but sadly catching people is really hard.

If I found someone doing it? Well that's hard, you'd be daft to be yourself in harms way - but if you can get a photo on a phone that'd help - but also you don't want them fleeing across the course and causing loads more damage.

People can be pretty stupid.

Causing more damage. That is why I was involved in the before mentioned incident to begin with. The police called the emergency call number for the course that night and got the super. One of the patrolmen plays golf himself and was concerned about further damage to the course with the recovery. When the super got there he requested me because he has played golf with me in the past and knew I was in the towing business. In fact was off duty at home and the SCHP dispatcher called me at home. Like I said I did a side rig recovery with the rollback from off the road and did not take my truck on the course and cause further damage.I did get a tip of some free golf passes though even though in all honesty I tried to turn them down because I was shocked by the incident. In fact until that night I did not know that patrolman even played golf so I used the passes and he an I played a week later. that super is a magician. They had to put a temp green in there for 3 weeks but he and his crew repaired that green flawlessly. This may sound corny but I was horrified and mad over the whole incident with that idiot putting the general innocent public at risk along with the 5 law enforcement officers that were chasing him and tearing up a nice green

G

Archived