Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

500 up and 4 years this month

westy

I first logged into MGS 4 years ago in the run up to my sons birth, not surprisingly I went quiet for a while after he arrived....

over the past 4 years I've enjoyed the site a lot and it's been accompanied by my golf being more enjoyable and my handicap has dropped from 10+ to 5.

Now, I suspect MGS has lead to me spending a few pounds, actually more than a few - but at least I've been a bit more educated in how I spend my money than I once was.

So thanks MGS and the regulars on the forum - I appreciate the contact with golfers round the world.

I'm sad that I cannot get yeti toys in the UK to turn into headcovers, but I've seen some nice cat pictures so you win some, you lose some.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Congrats on 500 posts Westy! And thanks for being such a great forum member!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I first logged into MGS 4 years ago in the run up to my sons birth, not surprisingly I went quiet for a while after he arrived....

over the past 4 years I've enjoyed the site a lot and it's been accompanied by my golf being more enjoyable and my handicap has dropped from 10+ to 5.

Now, I suspect MGS has lead to me spending a few pounds, actually more than a few - but at least I've been a bit more educated in how I spend my money than I once was.

So thanks MGS and the regulars on the forum - I appreciate the contact with golfers round the world.

I'm sad that I cannot get yeti toys in the UK to turn into headcovers, but I've seen some nice cat pictures so you win some, you lose some.

Congrats on your posts. Since you can't get a yeti in the UK why don't you find something you like locally and we can have a UK version of the MGS mascot. I am sure no one would mind

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Congratulations westy! So glad to have you around. You put an interesting spin on discussions that is both informative and enjoyable. Looking forward to the next 500!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The yeti wasn't familiar to me - is this some sort of US Christmas Disney thing?

A UK version will follow, the yetis european cousin perhaps. I do need a headcover for my hybrid.....next challenge.

As for next 500, no doubt quicker than the first 500 - hopefully with less new drivers purchased!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Oh and thanks for the kind words, the MGS staff should be pretty proud of what they've achieved - keep up the good work.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Archived