Our Sponsors

I had trouble with their fitting system because it didn't recognize my Ping U wedge, so it wanted to change my lofts to compensate. I stayed with the gaping I had with Ping. The SCORs are a little flat in stock measurements, so I went with 1* flat since my i20's are pulse dot. Length was the same as the Pings, +1 inch, in the Genius 9 graphite shaft. The SCORs are about 1/2 club longer than the i20's. Love them!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty easy. Don't rush.  If you have nay problems, let us know.  Plenty of people out here have been doing it for a while.

I just hope they do a better job spelling Hogan than they did Scor.  Just seems like the wrong anser on a test. 

Just bought a Scor 50, 54 & 57 off ebay and am stoked!   I can't wait to get them into my bag.  My Mizuno JPX Pro's PW is 45* so this should follow nicely.

Thanks guys. The only thing I don't understand is how these numbers make you more accurate? My Mizuno's are always left of target. I can understand the gapping and the distance gaps but what exactly makes these that much more accurate?

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

You deserve a good answer.  Why are the Scors more accurate?

These are my answers:

1.  Once dialed in, they were easier to aim and put on target.   I don't know why, if they were a camera lens, they would just be easier to "focus".   With the Scors, I saw very distinct differences when I bent them for lie.   I could move them left or right dramatically by bending them flat or upright.   I can do this with all clubs, but the cause and effect are just fuzzier.   With the Scors I was able to bend them, get them right on line and then I screamed, "That's it!  STOP!"

2. The V-sole makes chipping on all kinds of turf more consistent and thus more accurate.

3.  The distance control is more precise.    These Scors just go exactly predictable distances.   If you grip down a notch on the grip, take off 5 yards.  If you go out to the end of the butt, add 2.   It's like clockwork.   And this same formula works all the way up to the 61.   For me, I'd lose control with full flop wedges.   I couldn't predict them.

4,   Shots from Fairway bunkers or the rough are a breeze and thus much more controllable and predictable.   Add 5 yards out of the rough, subtract 5-7 out of fairway bunkers.

5.   Open faced shots go less left than other clubs.   They just go higher, but still pretty straight.   I don't know why this is.

6.   Since the soles of all the wedges are all the same, you can use different lofts for different trajectories and the shots feel the same.   You need a runner chip?  just hit your 50 or 54 instead of the 58, it'll feel the same.

• Like 1

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

What markb said! He nailed it. I had Ping wedges before the SCORs and Volkeys before that. Nothing compares to the control and reproducibility of the SCORs. I went to a 42 to replace my 9-iron and would go more if they made them. That's why we are so interested in the new Ben Hogan irons this next spring; same sole design, and hopefully the same head feel and shafts.

As far as the lefts, I can attest that first you should check the lie angle. If it's too upright, the heel will dig and close the face. My problem was setting up slightly open stance and pulling across the path; essentially a short version of "coming over the top". I fixed that by making sure that while I may have a slightly open stance, my shoulders were aligned a little right of target. I'm dead straight now. Check your alignment.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yes. True story. Scor is shutting down...well sorta...

Terry Koehler, the guy behind Scor has taken over the Ben Hogan brand. When I think all is said and done and the new Hogan stuff hits the market, it's going to look a lot like an extension of the Scor line. I'd venture a guess that Hogan short game clubs will essentially be Scor short game clubs.

So yeah...Scor shutting down, but I think it will effectively be reborn as Ben Hogan.

We shall see. 

I'm guessing they won't sell at Wal Mart?  I see a ton of Hogan apparel at Wal Mart lately.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I'm guessing they won't sell at Wal Mart?  I see a ton of Hogan apparel at Wal Mart lately.

No, the clubs won't be at Walmart, but the clothing will/is.

Honestly, the clothing is a bargain and a quality product.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks again guys. I can attest to the Hogan clothing line as I have a Hogan shirt and it's a great, breathable shirt. :)

So Mark, You ordered them online and got them bent afterwards? I don't doubt any of your reasons (or anybody elses) for being as good as they are, but wouldn't getting a Vokey or Cleveland or Mizuno or for that matter, any wedge bent til their dialed in get you the same results? Are you technically getting fit for your wedges?

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

Thanks again guys. I can attest to the Hogan clothing line as I have a Hogan shirt and it's a great, breathable shirt. :)

So Mark, You ordered them online and got them bent afterwards? I don't doubt any of your reasons (or anybody elses) for being as good as they are, but wouldn't getting a Vokey or Cleveland or Mizuno or for that matter, any wedge bent til their dialed in get you the same results? Are you technically getting fit for your wedges?

The short answer is probably yes, you could get any wedge perfectly fit and dialed in.  That's one of the reasons not everyone plays the same clubs.  I think one of the big things with Scor is that they seem much easier to get dialed in and much more consistent.

The Scor's have a unique sole grind that seems to make it easier to have good turf interaction from just about anywhere, they don't seem to have real "hot spots" on the face that will add 10-20yds when the stars align and you hit it perfectly flush.  For a rather traditional looking blade they also have pretty good forgiveness.  This leads to them being very consistent, and if there is one thing you are looking for in golf it's consistency.  You can play with just about any swing or shot type if you can do it repeatedly and get the same results.  Scor's make it easier to get that same result every time.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Mark gave the answers that I would however your comment on hitting the ball consistently left makes me wonder if your current wedges aren't missfit - I would get the lies looked it - sounds like they may be too upright.  There is actually a thread here that would tell you how to self fit that.  I can't recall which one it was but one of our fitters had a grat post in it.

I did not go with exactly what SCOR recommended for what I bag - it's their recommendation and it's a starting point like anything else - I have a 48,53,60 - I rarely hit the 60 full but I am awesome with it out of traps or for high, soft shots around the green - it is the only club that I have in my bag with a steel shaft (except putter.)  This set up fits my game, the course conditions that I generally play and morphs into my other irons fairly well.  But I'm also a fairly accomplished player who is able to handle a 7 degree gap at the bottom of my bag - you have to figure out what will work best for you.

Okay time to go play - it's friggin cold out for Florida today so it should be interesting. :(

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

No, I wasn't fit for them. I'll go check to see if I can find that post you are talking about. The AP2's are being sold at the moment on ebay ( going to go back with game-improvement clubs) and than might just bite on the SCOR's. 

I did their online fitting thing, typing in my current Speedblade stuff and .... I didn't like their recommendations at all.   It seemed like they didn't know what the SB spec's were.   They come in roughly 5 degree steps.   The Scor recommendation had me buying 5 clubs in 4 degree steps instead of 4 clubs in 5.   So I tossed their recommendations right out the window.

I bought my first Scor 45 degree pitch to match my SB PW.  I bought it used on ebay.   When it arrived I got lucky in that it was the same length as my SB's which were about .5 long.   I got used to it and started to love it.   Then I bought a 50, 54 and 58 on ebay in rapid succession.  These came in odd lengths and with DG S300 shafts.   I extended them or cut them to match my wedges and tried them out.   They sprayed right so I went in and had them bent upright until they were just right.   Now they are spot on.   Finally there is my 40.  41's are hard to find used and I wanted this one to match my set better, so I ordered it from Scor with their closest shaft and factory bent upright and to 40 degrees.   The length came out too long, so I had to cut about 3/8" off to make it match my SB 9 iron and then I put an SB grip back on it.   This one needed no further adjusting.

I would buy a Scor 35 or 36 degree 8 iron in a heartbeat if they made one.   I too am waiting to see about the Hogans.   If they don't look good, I'll either stay with my SB's or buy Srixon 745/545's that have a very similar V-sole and good compatible lofts to what I play now.  That V-sole is dynamite for we diggers of the world.

• Like 2

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

• 2 months later...

Just bought a Scor 50, 54 & 57 off ebay and am stoked!

I can't wait to get them into my bag.  My Mizuno JPX Pro's PW is 45* so this should follow nicely.

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Still on the search for a 46° head...like a unicorn!

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Still on the search for a 46° head...like a unicorn!

Well, you can't have mine!!

• Like 1

Since I will be replacing 2 wedges(52 & 56) with 3 wedges(50 54 & 58) I will need to remove another club from my bag. My 3w and 5w are both adjustable so I adjusted the 3W to 16* and the 5W to 17* and hit the links today to see which one worked best. I think I will go with the 5w at 17*, removing the 3 W from the bag. I also have a 3H(20*) and 4H(23*).

Would it be better the remove the 3H or the 3W from my bag to make room for the 58* wedge?

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

If I was in your shoes I think I'd keep keep the 5W and 3H and ditch the 3W. D-17-20-23 then into your irons unless you really need that extra 15 yards from the 3W at the top of your bag and you hit it well enough to make it worthwhile.

• Like 2

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

If I was in your shoes I think I'd keep keep the 5W and 3H and ditch the 3W. D-17-20-23 then into your irons unless you really need that extra 15 yards from the 3W at the top of your bag and you hit it well enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks jbil, I am more consistent with the 5W than the 3. I hit the 3W @ 16* but I hit the 5W @ 17* better. Gonna drop the 3w when the Scors arrive.

I'm with you. I think I'd do better if I dropped my 3W for a 16* or 17* hybrid. Just unsure of the top end of my bag right now with my new irons as my Mizuno 5 iron is 27* and first hybrid is set at 22.5* plus the extra length over a standard 4 iron. Hoping for some answers this Sunday at my driver/wood/hybrid fitting so I can make some decisions that will help me reach my goals for this year.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Well, you can't have mine!!

Bastard!  :lol:

In the bag:
Bag: 

I visited the SCOR web site yesterday and tried the fitting tool.  Since they came back with a recommendation, is it safe to assume that we can still order new wedges?  But for how long....?

Does anyone know if there are any current valid coupon codes like the ones they've had in the past?

Seems like they would be trying to get rid of the remaining stock before they switch to Hogan.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)