Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Scors going bye-bye?

markb

Thanks again guys. I can attest to the Hogan clothing line as I have a Hogan shirt and it's a great, breathable shirt. :)

So Mark, You ordered them online and got them bent afterwards? I don't doubt any of your reasons (or anybody elses) for being as good as they are, but wouldn't getting a Vokey or Cleveland or Mizuno or for that matter, any wedge bent til their dialed in get you the same results? Are you technically getting fit for your wedges?

I did their online fitting thing, typing in my current Speedblade stuff and .... I didn't like their recommendations at all.   It seemed like they didn't know what the SB spec's were.   They come in roughly 5 degree steps.   The Scor recommendation had me buying 5 clubs in 4 degree steps instead of 4 clubs in 5.   So I tossed their recommendations right out the window.

I bought my first Scor 45 degree pitch to match my SB PW.  I bought it used on ebay.   When it arrived I got lucky in that it was the same length as my SB's which were about .5 long.   I got used to it and started to love it.   Then I bought a 50, 54 and 58 on ebay in rapid succession.  These came in odd lengths and with DG S300 shafts.   I extended them or cut them to match my wedges and tried them out.   They sprayed right so I went in and had them bent upright until they were just right.   Now they are spot on.   Finally there is my 40.  41's are hard to find used and I wanted this one to match my set better, so I ordered it from Scor with their closest shaft and factory bent upright and to 40 degrees.   The length came out too long, so I had to cut about 3/8" off to make it match my SB 9 iron and then I put an SB grip back on it.   This one needed no further adjusting.

I would buy a Scor 35 or 36 degree 8 iron in a heartbeat if they made one.   I too am waiting to see about the Hogans.   If they don't look good, I'll either stay with my SB's or buy Srixon 745/545's that have a very similar V-sole and good compatible lofts to what I play now.  That V-sole is dynamite for we diggers of the world.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

• 2 months later...

Just bought a Scor 50, 54 & 57 off ebay and am stoked!

I can't wait to get them into my bag.  My Mizuno JPX Pro's PW is 45* so this should follow nicely.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Still on the search for a 46° head...like a unicorn!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Since I will be replacing 2 wedges(52 & 56) with 3 wedges(50 54 & 58) I will need to remove another club from my bag. My 3w and 5w are both adjustable so I adjusted the 3W to 16* and the 5W to 17* and hit the links today to see which one worked best. I think I will go with the 5w at 17*, removing the 3 W from the bag. I also have a 3H(20*) and 4H(23*).

Would it be better the remove the 3H or the 3W from my bag to make room for the 58* wedge?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

If I was in your shoes I think I'd keep keep the 5W and 3H and ditch the 3W. D-17-20-23 then into your irons unless you really need that extra 15 yards from the 3W at the top of your bag and you hit it well enough to make it worthwhile.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

If I was in your shoes I think I'd keep keep the 5W and 3H and ditch the 3W. D-17-20-23 then into your irons unless you really need that extra 15 yards from the 3W at the top of your bag and you hit it well enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks jbil, I am more consistent with the 5W than the 3. I hit the 3W @ 16* but I hit the 5W @ 17* better. Gonna drop the 3w when the Scors arrive.

I'm with you. I think I'd do better if I dropped my 3W for a 16* or 17* hybrid. Just unsure of the top end of my bag right now with my new irons as my Mizuno 5 iron is 27* and first hybrid is set at 22.5* plus the extra length over a standard 4 iron. Hoping for some answers this Sunday at my driver/wood/hybrid fitting so I can make some decisions that will help me reach my goals for this year.

Well, you can't have mine!!

Bastard!  :lol:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I visited the SCOR web site yesterday and tried the fitting tool.  Since they came back with a recommendation, is it safe to assume that we can still order new wedges?  But for how long....?

Does anyone know if there are any current valid coupon codes like the ones they've had in the past?

Seems like they would be trying to get rid of the remaining stock before they switch to Hogan.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

I would give them a call.  Their number is on the website.  At least you will see if someone answers the phone.  :)

The person I dealt with was Barry Simpter, but he now has a Ben Hogan address; don't know if it is the same.  Good luck!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Kenny B.  Seems logical enough that I should have thought of it myself.

Now that I have your attention (and any other SCOR users please chime in) what are your thoughts about the SCOR wedges being "form" forged vs. the Hogan TK wedges being "regular" forged?   I've read that some reports that form forged doesn't feel as good.

And what about the Hogans not having the same grip with the dots?  I've read that a lot of you guys like the dots on the grip for dialing in distances on less than full swings.

I'm looking for feedback/reasons why one would choose one over the other (SCOR / Hogan TK) if I was able to get either?

Thank you.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Max,

I can't comment on the forging and I haven't seen the Hogans yet.  Maybe the Hogans feel better, but honestly I don't see how; the SCORs feel great to me.  If I were just starting to look at getting wedges, I would give the Hogans a try, simply because they are new.  If I could get a deal on the SCORs though, I would jump on it!

My biggest issue is getting the SCORs to match the feel to my other irons (i20's).  The SCORs feel better, so I am looking for mid-irons to match them, since I have SCORs down to a 9-iron equivalent.  I will look at the Hogans, but still worry about matching the feel because the shafts are different.

As for the grip...  It was OK, and felt very much like my Pure grips on my other clubs, but I never really used the dots, I go by feel on how much to grip down.  I don't think I am good enough to consistently hit distances from the "dots".  The grip seemed to get slick fairly quickly, and I replaced them with the Pure grips as soon as I felt a little slipping (about 4 months).  I bought my first two SCORs (58 and 54) about a year ago and just changed the Pure grips that have been on them only because I change Pure grip styles; they still felt fine.  The nice thing about the Pures is that I can remove them with air and reuse them on other clubs!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Max,

I spent a few hours at the range this morning. I bag the SCORs in 45, 50, 54, 58. I can't speak to the difference between "form forged" and "regular forged". I will say that the feel of them isn't that far off from my MP-54s.

I still have the stock grips on them and I do use the dots as reference points on different shots. One of my big focuses this year is to dial in my wedge shots from 100 and in using arm position in conjunction with the dots so that I can commit to the shots more so than just going by feel. They're convenient to have on the grip but I don't think it will be a big deal when I have to replace them.

Once it gets time to replace the SCORs I'll likely look into getting the 50, 54, 58 in the Hogan wedges. I really enjoy the SCORs and they're by far one of the best purchases I've ever made. I really don't think you can go wrong either way.

I heard that the company sold out their stock of SCOR wedges a few weeks ago and didn't know they still had the SCOR site "live."

It's worth calling them to find out, but if I were looking to replace my SCOR wedges, I'd likely check eBay.  I doubt there's any "bootleg" SCORs around, since they were, more or less, a niche market product.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Thank you for sharing your feedback, especially the comparison to the MP-54s.  I have Mizuno irons and wedges so they set my standard for forged feel.  Nice to know the SCOR is not too different.

What's in the Bag:

Look what arrived at my office today.......Happy Happy Joy Joy....now I will drop my 3W, 52* & 56* wedges, adding the 50, 54 & 57 to the bag.  The 50 had the original Scor grip, kinda slick but I should be able to ewash it back to life.  The 54 & 57 have new Golf Pride grips.

IMG_1145.JPG?guid=messagepart%3AINBOX%2F

Look what arrived at my office today.......Happy Happy Joy Joy....now I will drop my 3W, 52* & 56* wedges, adding the 50, 54 & 57 to the bag.  The 50 had the original Scor grip, kinda slick but I should be able to ewash it back to life.  The 54 & 57 have new Golf Pride grips.

IMG_1145.JPG?guid=messagepart%3AINBOX%2F

Pic didn't come through for me, but congratulations!  I know you will like them.  I could never get the SCOR grip "ewashed" back to life so changed them all to Pure.

I could never get the SCOR grip "ewashed" back to life so changed them all to Pure.

I have a box of Pure Wraps just waiting to be used.....since I have never done grips before, this will be my first time using air to install grips....

I have a box of Pure Wraps just waiting to be used.....since I have never done grips before, this will be my first time using air to install grips....

Pretty easy. Don't rush.  If you have nay problems, let us know.  Plenty of people out here have been doing it for a while.

Archived