TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tour Edge Irons - Player or Pretender?

GolfSpy Barbajo

Has anyone ever gamed a set of Tour Edge Irons?  The Exotics series of drivers, FW's and hybrids seem legit, but you don't hear much about the irons.  

The Bazooka/Hot Launch series seem to be very affordable GI irons, and I've seen the Exotics CB's in stores (very nice looking, have never hit them though)

Anyone with any experience with any of the Tour Edge irons?  Are they in the discussion?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've played the Tour Edge Bazooka woods and a couple of rounds with a friend's Tour Edge irons.  They seem to be good quality clubs, but I don't know that they've ever really "broken through" as much more than a "bargain" players club.  I tried one of their Exotic drivers and wasn't impressed, in comparison to other drivers on the market.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I still have a set of Tour Edge EX-3 irons. For a beginner or someone that needs some help with getting irons up or with distance, they are great. They have a hollow cavity, wide sole and a titanium face. The ball comes off very hot so they go a long way; for me they also went very straight. I found them difficult to control distance and impossible to work the ball. Not too many available on eBay anymore, but for the right person they would be great game improvement irons.

I have not tried the newer models. Tour Edge seems to have gone more traditional looking irons and I would expect them to be of similar quality to their woods which is pretty good.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I just inquired about the Exotics CU irons. I wanted to know if they were forged or cast and unfortunately they re cast. I am so impressed with the clubs I have from them (check my sig) that I'd be willing to let the AP2's go to get some Tour Edge irons.  

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I gamed the xcg3 irons up until last month when they were finally unseated by a set of WS C100's. Great irons but it was time for a change and the new c line from Wilson Staff is flat money for my swing. Especially with the stock Aldila rip phenom shafts.

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

I gamed the xcg3 irons up until last month when they were finally unseated by a set of WS C100's. Great irons but it was time for a change and the new c line from Wilson Staff is flat money for my swing. Especially with the stock Aldila rip phenom shafts.

Those shafts are pretty nice!!! Probably got a good price on the iron set aye?

Archived