TESTERS WANTED! ×

An Early Christmas Present - The Putting Stick!

GolfSpy Barbajo

If you haven't checked out our review of the TPK Golf Putting stick, click here and give it a read....and then COME RIGHT BACK HERE!!!!

Vlad Gribovsky of TPK Golf has graciously provided MyGolfSpy with a wonderful basket of Holiday Cheer with 3, count 'em, THREE Puttiing Sticks to give away to our valued Forum Members.

We have 1 of the mirrored Putting Sticks and 2 of the Pro-Version Putting Sticks.  These suckers WILL help putt better, of that I am sure!

So what to do about a contest?  It's about putting, right?  To enter, tell us your nomination for the greatest putt ever sunk.  Could be a classic by Jack, a daring up and in by Arnie, or a lucky bank-shot by a partner to pull out a $3 Nassau.  Tell us what it is and why it's memorable and Santa will put a brand-spakin' new Putting Stick in your stocking....

2014-11-29 13.58.19.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

My most memorable putt was by me playing TPC The Canyons in Vegas. it was about a 50 footer with about 20 feet of hard break left. I was in the middle of the worst round I have ever played, walked up and hit it. It rolled...... and rolled... and broke..... and rolled some more. The thing was moving so fast if it wouldn't have hit the hole, I would have been back on the tee box. Luckily enough, it hit the hole, looked like it went straight up about 5 inches and landed in the hole. It helped my worst round ever be any worse-er (I know, not a word). Shots like that just keep you coming back.

I'm at work so don't have time to look for video, but Justin Leonard at Brookline in the Ryder Cup is the most clutch I can think of.  The only reason I would choose another would be Payne Stewart on the 72nd hole at Pinehurst in 99 and the reason it may be the most clutch is because he never got a chance to try to make another one in a US Open, his favorite tournament.

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

I play in a "tournament" that my best friend runs in Michigan every summer.  Invitation only, usually 33 guys, playing 3-man scramble.  Blind draw before you go to the first tee.  The draw is sometimes the highlight, sometimes the lowlight.  Anyway, about six years ago playing in the last group, putting last, I made a nine footer that broke about 3 feet to win ALL THE CAISHE in front of all the other groups.  Talk about pressure.  Mickelson's putt to win The Masters had to be child's play by comparison!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Playing in the club championship a few years back my semi's match was even going to our final hole which was the 9th since we played the back nine to open.  Hit a stellar three wood down the right center and left myself 142 to the pin.  Fanned a 9 iron and left myself short right just off the putting surface.  My competitor hits a solid drive and his second to 15 feet pin high.  Stood over my chip and just flat out laid the sod over it and got it to the front fringe leaving myself about 50 feet up the hill to the hole.   After some very choice words to myself I stood over the ball and put the putt dead center in the middle of the cup for a par with the hope of going to a playoff.  My competitor choked and left his 15 footer about 6 feet short and missed the par putt.  Made it to the finals and putted great losing in 22 holes of an up and down match.  To this day my buddies at this club call me Rocca.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Jean van de Velde.  Six footer on the 72nd hole for triple to get into the playoff in the 99 Open Championship.  #Clutch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkOf8Ic3LP4

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

In keeping with brave putts to get into playoffs.....

In 1995, Constantino Rocca needed a birdie at the last at St Andrews to force a play off with John Daly. He hits a great drive, gets it within a few yards of the green. Then hits a huge duff, the ball trickles into the valley of sin.

Cue this putt and a great celebration. Ok Daly wins the playoff, but wow what a putt.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Great entries so far people! Keep 'em coming!!!!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Paula Creamer won the 2014 HSBC Women's Champions in Singapore on the second playoff hole against Azahara Munoz. Creamer found the green of the par-5 18th in two and made a 75-foot big breaking putt for eagle.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Gotta be Paula Creamer's 75 foot Eagle Putt to win the 2014 HSBC Championship!.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When I was 15, I went to Puetz Golf in North Seattle to purchase my first putter.  After narrowing the choice to 3 contestants, I proceeded to sink two 50+ foot double breakers in a row with the Achusnet Bullseye Flange.  I still have it and bag it on vintage equipment rounds.

Driver:  TM 2009 Burner, 10.5*, stock stiff

Fairway:  Adams XTD Ti 15*, Aldila Voodoo stiff

Hybrid:   Adams XTD Ti 19*, Ozik Matrix Red Tie stiff

Hybrid:  Adams XTD Ti 23*, Ozik Matrix Red Tie regular

Irons:  Cobra S3, 5-PW, Nippon NS Pro 1030H regular

Wedges:  MacGregor VIP V-foil, 48*-4*, 52*-6*, 56*-10*, 60*-2*

Putter:  TearDrop TD 42, 35", Tiffany blue leather stitch-back grip

Ball:  TM, Srixon

Bag:  Titleist stand bag, black with Campbell of Argyle headcovers

Shoes:  adidas Pure Motion and lucky purple socks

I have two favorites one of course was made by my favorite golfer all time TW, the putt Tiger made in the US Open on the 18th hole 72nd overall to take the US Open into sudden death against Rocco!  See you for 18 tomorrow Rocco..

http://youtu.be/iFfCpvT_MV8?list=FLOqjQR02sEaE2_6YkzAzvkA

ps, let me know if I can throw in my second most memorable putt,.... I'd really like to make them both a tie!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Cool contest!

My favorite/memorable putt was by me - total accident.  I was playing a match, and we were all square on 17, a shortish Par 3.  My friend hit first, and left himself about 15 feet for birdie, putting the pressure on me.  I stepped up and hit a majestic tee shot right at the pin.  At one point I thought to myself - Hole in One! - and then a second later I thought to myself - Get Down!  

The pin was in the front, and my ball landed on the back fringe a good 100 feet away.  I was incredulous, and looked down at my club and realized I pulled out a 6 iron instead of a 9 iron.  Doh!

So as we pull up to the green, I am fuming.  I grab my putter from the bag, walk up to the ball, and without stopping I one handed putt the ball.  What seemed like 10 seconds and 40 feet of break later, BIRDIE!  My friend is out of his mind, and he doesn't even sniff the hole on his birdie putt.

I go into 18 1-up, and it might as well have been 10-up,  My friend was completely out of it, and I won the match with the most insane putt I ever made.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Definitely Paula's putt.  I watched it with my daughter.  She proclaimed "I want that to be me someday"  and just stared starry eyed at the TV.  Very cool.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I have 2, one from the Pro's and one from my "little Pro".  First was Davis Love III Putt with the rainbow when he won his PGA.  The recent loss of his dad, long time close calls at the Majors and the rainbow always stick out in my head. 

The second was my 8 year old son (at the time) making a 60 foot putt with about 50 foot of break on a putting green.  It was the first time I took him with me to practice putting and chipping.  We are on this practice green on a public course that has an adjoining chipping green.  There were about 15 other people practicing between the 2 greens and my son makes this impossible putt.  He goes bonkers running around making all sorts of noise.  It was hard to congratulate/ high 5 him without feeling like I needed to first make him stop running on the green, 2. stop him from making too much noise at a Golf course and 3. apologize to the 15 others around me..  Regardless, it's my favorite putt ever!!!!

KWheels 

We'll be announcing the winner next Tuesday - so make sure you get your entries in!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Another one that was not by me but by my son.  When he was about 3 I started taking him to one of the clubs I belonged to so we could play as many holes as he was up for.  General idea with him at the time was to let him hit a tee shot, pick it up and place it near mine; both of us would hit and about 25 yards in front of the green he would drop it and play onto the green.  The 18th hole at the club had the members Veranda that looked out over the green and was packed most days with those that had played earlier in the day.  My son hits his tee ball, we pick it up and put it 20 or so yards off the front and he plays his 9 iron up to the front edge leaving about a 25 footer.  Normally I would have him get a bit closer to the flag to putt but he wanted to play from where he is.  He gets up and stands over it and rolls it dead center....the people up on the Veranda start giving him a nice round of applause.  Once he hears this he just takes his hat off and waves to the crowd and fetches his ball out of the cup.  

I had 8 feet for birdie and 3 jacked it.....which I heard about for the next several hours as he told the story.  Even at 3 years old he understood how the putt should get longer every time he talks about it.  My wife brought it up last night and the putt has grown over the years to a 60 foot putt.  He also meant made sure to remind me about my three jack.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Another one that was not by me but by my son.  When he was about 3 I started taking him to one of the clubs I belonged to so we could play as many holes as he was up for.  General idea with him at the time was to let him hit a tee shot, pick it up and place it near mine; both of us would hit and about 25 yards in front of the green he would drop it and play onto the green.  The 18th hole at the club had the members Veranda that looked out over the green and was packed most days with those that had played earlier in the day.  My son hits his tee ball, we pick it up and put it 20 or so yards off the front and he plays his 9 iron up to the front edge leaving about a 25 footer.  Normally I would have him get a bit closer to the flag to putt but he wanted to play from where he is.  He gets up and stands over it and rolls it dead center....the people up on the Veranda start giving him a nice round of applause.  Once he hears this he just takes his hat off and waves to the crowd and fetches his ball out of the cup.  

I had 8 feet for birdie and 3 jacked it.....which I heard about for the next several hours as he told the story.  Even at 3 years old he understood how the putt should get longer every time he talks about it.  My wife brought it up last night and the putt has grown over the years to a 60 foot putt.  He also meant made sure to remind me about my three jack.

Now THAT'S funny!!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This was the story of my first par around 6 years ago.  I was around 8 or 9, and I was playing a short nine hole course with my dad.  The hole was a 125 yard par three.  The pin was up, and I hit driver just short of the green.  Then, I proceeded to thin the chip to the back of the green because I was so excited about the prospect of making a par.  I had a long putt left.  It was around 50 feet and it was a big breaker.  I don't know how I remember all of this, but as soon as I hit it, I knew it was good.  It started to curl towards the cup, and when it fell in the hole, I was ecstatic.  I remember being able to see the line of the ball painted in the morning dew.  It was awesome!  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I can think of a few memorable ones I've had, but nothing quite compares to my entry.  I know it's not clutch in the sense of winning a tourney or forcing a playoff, but just to shove it down Miller's throat this is my favorite putt ever.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

My favorite was several years ago at my first Memorial Tournament while Jack Nicklaus was still playing. He had a very length putt and it came up just to the edge of the cup and stopped. The crowd went,. "Aaaahhh". He held up his finger to state just hold on. After about 5 seconds, the ball fell in. Everyone went wild. 

Last day gang, so get your nominations in!

We'll be announcing the winners tomorrow....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

WE HAVE WINNERS!!!!

Congrats to:

Fozcycle

Specs

hilde24

You guys will each receive a Putting Stick courtesy of the folks at TPK Golf and MyGolfSpy.  

If you didn't win one, don't fret.  Golfspy Bones was able to score a Holiday coupon code for you.  Use "golfspy" at checkout and receive 15% off and free shipping through the end of the month!

Congrats guys -- PM me with your shipping addresses and I'll get them out to you!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks to MGS and TPK Golf. After three putting twice today I think this may be a very helpful tool.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived