An Early Christmas Present - The Putting Stick!

Our Sponsors

Another one that was not by me but by my son.  When he was about 3 I started taking him to one of the clubs I belonged to so we could play as many holes as he was up for.  General idea with him at the time was to let him hit a tee shot, pick it up and place it near mine; both of us would hit and about 25 yards in front of the green he would drop it and play onto the green.  The 18th hole at the club had the members Veranda that looked out over the green and was packed most days with those that had played earlier in the day.  My son hits his tee ball, we pick it up and put it 20 or so yards off the front and he plays his 9 iron up to the front edge leaving about a 25 footer.  Normally I would have him get a bit closer to the flag to putt but he wanted to play from where he is.  He gets up and stands over it and rolls it dead center....the people up on the Veranda start giving him a nice round of applause.  Once he hears this he just takes his hat off and waves to the crowd and fetches his ball out of the cup.  

I had 8 feet for birdie and 3 jacked it.....which I heard about for the next several hours as he told the story.  Even at 3 years old he understood how the putt should get longer every time he talks about it.  My wife brought it up last night and the putt has grown over the years to a 60 foot putt.  He also meant made sure to remind me about my three jack.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"

Another one that was not by me but by my son.  When he was about 3 I started taking him to one of the clubs I belonged to so we could play as many holes as he was up for.  General idea with him at the time was to let him hit a tee shot, pick it up and place it near mine; both of us would hit and about 25 yards in front of the green he would drop it and play onto the green.  The 18th hole at the club had the members Veranda that looked out over the green and was packed most days with those that had played earlier in the day.  My son hits his tee ball, we pick it up and put it 20 or so yards off the front and he plays his 9 iron up to the front edge leaving about a 25 footer.  Normally I would have him get a bit closer to the flag to putt but he wanted to play from where he is.  He gets up and stands over it and rolls it dead center....the people up on the Veranda start giving him a nice round of applause.  Once he hears this he just takes his hat off and waves to the crowd and fetches his ball out of the cup.  

I had 8 feet for birdie and 3 jacked it.....which I heard about for the next several hours as he told the story.  Even at 3 years old he understood how the putt should get longer every time he talks about it.  My wife brought it up last night and the putt has grown over the years to a 60 foot putt.  He also meant made sure to remind me about my three jack.

Now THAT'S funny!!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This was the story of my first par around 6 years ago.  I was around 8 or 9, and I was playing a short nine hole course with my dad.  The hole was a 125 yard par three.  The pin was up, and I hit driver just short of the green.  Then, I proceeded to thin the chip to the back of the green because I was so excited about the prospect of making a par.  I had a long putt left.  It was around 50 feet and it was a big breaker.  I don't know how I remember all of this, but as soon as I hit it, I knew it was good.  It started to curl towards the cup, and when it fell in the hole, I was ecstatic.  I remember being able to see the line of the ball painted in the morning dew.  It was awesome!  

• Like 1

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I can think of a few memorable ones I've had, but nothing quite compares to my entry.  I know it's not clutch in the sense of winning a tourney or forcing a playoff, but just to shove it down Miller's throat this is my favorite putt ever.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

My favorite was several years ago at my first Memorial Tournament while Jack Nicklaus was still playing. He had a very length putt and it came up just to the edge of the cup and stopped. The crowd went,. "Aaaahhh". He held up his finger to state just hold on. After about 5 seconds, the ball fell in. Everyone went wild. 

• Like 1

Last day gang, so get your nominations in!

We'll be announcing the winners tomorrow....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

WE HAVE WINNERS!!!!

Congrats to:

Fozcycle

Specs

hilde24

You guys will each receive a Putting Stick courtesy of the folks at TPK Golf and MyGolfSpy.  

If you didn't win one, don't fret.  Golfspy Bones was able to score a Holiday coupon code for you.  Use "golfspy" at checkout and receive 15% off and free shipping through the end of the month!

Congrats guys -- PM me with your shipping addresses and I'll get them out to you!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks to MGS and TPK Golf. After three putting twice today I think this may be a very helpful tool.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).