TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wow! I'm in...

So you guys let me in eh? lol.. Had trouble getting into this site. Had to be validated or something. I'm 49, been playing this silly game since age 11 having played competitive thru college. Since that time played off and on, but in the past year have really really gotten back into golf having kicked out old clubs that had been with me forever into new sticks which I'll post pics up of soon.

So anyway, hello from Idaho although not there at the moment. In So Cal visiting and have squeezed in a few rounds of golf while here. Look forward to gaining knowledge about equipment, courses, golf tips of all kinds and hopefully a few laughs along the way.

Welcome to MGS. Where are you in Idaho? I'm not too far away if you are in the north.

Enjoy the site!

Just drove thru Kennewick. Every time (think 4 or 5 times now) I drive thru that area I have a hell of a time hooking back up with freeway on other side of Tri Cities whether going north or south. I'm live in CDA so yeah bout 150 or 170 from you, not sure. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Purple!  Glad to have you on board!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Blimey have we got entry qualifications now?

Welcome purple, enjoy the site.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Blimey have we got entry qualifications now?

Welcome purple, enjoy the site.

Haha... Dunno Westy. Must have been some sort of glitch or something but after a few weeks I guess, I was finally approved. Perhaps my wedge grooves were suspicious at first sight.

Welcome! Glad to have ya!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Welcome...is the "Purple" for Purple Haze or Deep Purple?

Glad you could join us.....we do have a lot of fun here...

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Welcome to the Forum!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Welcome aboard!

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I was thinking of something more along the lines of a Purple '66 Mustang (my preference being the Mustang Delivery)...

66 Mustang Delivery.JPG

Welcome Purple! Glad you made it past the sharks with lazer beams - looking forward to hearing about some of your golfing experiences!

Brad......whose Mustang is that?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey welcome purple glad they didn't have that screening process when I joined.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

So you guys let me in eh? lol.. Had trouble getting into this site. Had to be validated or something. I'm 49, been playing this silly game since age 11 having played competitive thru college. Since that time played off and on, but in the past year have really really gotten back into golf having kicked out old clubs that had been with me forever into new sticks which I'll post pics up of soon.

So anyway, hello from Idaho although not there at the moment. In So Cal visiting and have squeezed in a few rounds of golf while here. Look forward to gaining knowledge about equipment, courses, golf tips of all kinds and hopefully a few laughs along the way.

From one newbie to another, welcome aboard.

TerryG (aka ritpg)

Nope. Color code of my Pings. Although recently sent them on field trip to Phoenix to change to orange dot. Im getting shorter with age maybe.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Nope. Color code of my Pings. Although recently sent them on field trip to Phoenix to change to orange dot. Im getting shorter with age maybe.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

My Ping i20's are purple dot!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Spam-bots require us to have a validation process.  

Our apologies.

Welcome to MGS!

No worries. But did you know you could make $3400 a month from home following these 3 easy steps??

Anyhow, after trying out the 913d3 driver (a friends)I decided to purchase the 915d3 with the blue Diamana. It arrived today so kinda excited to hit it. But we had rain in CA so the entire state is in a panic which shut down a few golf courses so couldn't hit it today., so hopefully I finally have a complete bag. Will post some pics in a different thread after looking around the site. Almost feels silly posting pics of new toys but gotta admit kinda excited having new sticks after so long with same ones especially since I began rebuilding my set up about 6 months ago.

No worries. But did you know you could make $3400 a month from home following these 3 easy steps??

hahahahaha - nice one!

We love seeing the equipment people are playing. I hit the 915D2 yesterday (for the second time). Man I love that thing! The loft on it was a little lower than I'm used to (9.5 vs 10.5) but gotta love long and straight! I hope the 913D3 works out well for you Purple!

Brad

Welcome to the forum. Post your club pics even if you change every week we like em ! because we are all equipment junkies

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

hahahahaha - nice one!

We love seeing the equipment people are playing. I hit the 915D2 yesterday (for the second time). Man I love that thing! The loft on it was a little lower than I'm used to (9.5 vs 10.5) but gotta love long and straight! I hope the 913D3 works out well for you Purple!

Brad

I played today with longtime friend and with the 915d3. Right now I like the 913 I'm borrowing better but I just took the 915 on the course, no range balls. So not 'dialed in' as they say yet. The 915 just felt mushier to me than the 913 which has to be rubbish. I don't generate enough club head speed to really make that call. Think it's just psychological. But no doubt in my opinion the 915 is a better looking club than 913. Just sexier lines like a corvette to a mustang if that makes sense.

Stu! You'll recognize my bag probably when I post my grainy pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Lazy Christmas Day so thought I'd put up some pics. A witb like I did in another forum.

Titleist 915d3 diamana blue stiff

Callaway RAZR Xtreme Fit Stock Trinity stiff

Taylormade VSteel 5 wood stock steel stiff

Ping i20 20, 23 hybrids. Project X 5.5

Ping S55 irons 4-PW CFS stiff Orange dot

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 wedges. 50, 52, 54, 58 bent 3 flat

Ping Anser 2 becu, Odyssey Tri Hot #3, Ping Anser, Odyssey White Hot Center Shafted and a few others------putters vary depending on mood. What?????lol...

Really happy with the set up. As mentioned before, totally re did my bag this past year after playing very old clubs (but good clubs I thought) for many years.

Hope you're all having a Merry Christmas!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I like your irons just sayin'.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

No those are from someone else. Not sure if appropriate to say who.

Will passing thru Kennewick again tomorrow., Always feel I'm gonna miss my turns going thru there. Wish me luck!

Where are you coming from? I'm in Salem OR headed back to Kennewick tomorrow.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived