Pelz - Lefty to oust Tiger

GolfSpy_X

I think you're missing the point of what I said. "Tiger at his best is miles ahead of everyone." I stand by that 100%. Right now, much as it pains me, I agree that Phil is playing better than everyone else. Phil right now versus Tiger at whatever point in his career/tournament you'd like to call his peak? Not a contest, IMO.

Regarding the knee surgery, he seemed to come back pretty effectively from it last season. Is it the same as it used to be? Maybe not, but it didn't stop him from winning the FedEx, Player of the Year (IIRC), etc. You could certainly cite the PGA as evidence that it does hurt him, but I think him losing at a major isn't evidence of anything, it was simply inevitable - no one's perfect. People cite Jack's umpteen second places as evidence of greatness, not failure.

It's largely a theoretical discussion because these guys haven't peaked at the same time. Both have gone on impressive runs. I think Tiger has gone on longer runs and has been more consistent over time because he obviously has more major wins to his credit. So really no contest there - I agree.

But, based on a very small sample, these guys seem to be heading in different directions right now. It seems Phil might be hitting another peak - similar to when he flirted with a grand slam of his own. Tiger is floundering a bit but who knows if that will continue.

It certainly will be interesting to watch how this plays out over the course of the season.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"