Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Harrison shafts

I've been out of golf and club making for 8 years and started playing and building clubs again in 2114. I had a lot of old shafts from the past laying around my basement and I put together a 3 wood using a Harrison striper tour 60 shaft. Wow, is all I can say I started hitting this 3 wood past my driver (250+). Does anyone out there have real time experience with Harrison shafts?

Yep was a big fan of the Harrison shafts back in the day. In fact I game a 3 year old Hathaway driver if you read my signature. It was made by Harrison. Sadly Harrison has went out of business in the last year or so. My late partner in the golf shop was a big Harrison Striper fan in fact I have a couple of hybrids laying around that have Striper shafts in them. I personally don't hit hybrids because for some reason I am not consistant with them on either ball flight or trajectory.

What kind of a 3 wood head? Sounds like you hit on a good combination for you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an older design shaft In fact I am a big fan of the old UST Pro Force 65 Gold shafts

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I matched it to a Mizuno MD titanium 15 deg. head and kept the shaft at 44.5".  I'm second guessing the shaft length I played it at last summer now that I am cabin bound by the winter up here. I'm thinking of cutting it down to 43.5" with my mindset being that I don't really need a 3 wood that competes with my driver (TaylorMade R1 Aldila Rip 55g S flex 46"). In hindsight I would be happy to give up the extra 10 or 15 yards for better control. I'm also thinking of re-shafting my TaylorMade R1 head with the Harrison Striper 60 if I can find another one on the internet. My thinking being that I like the feel of a heavier shaft 63g verses the 55g of the Aldila Rip and will play this club at 45".

Archived