Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What's Your Equipment Game Plan for 2015?

whiskey golf

I've been trying all of the new clubs that have hit stores and it's been making me think about what equipment I'll be using for 2015. After trying a lot of the new clubs, here's what I'm thinking I may do for the upcoming year. This won't happen all at once but maybe over time I can get my equipment to where it will give the maximum potential to do my best. It's also worth mentioning that I really don't need to change anything but I've been feeling the need to update the bag a little bit.

Driver: My current driver may be replaced by something new and fit for me. I can hit my current driver well but I've never compared it to a custom fit driver so a proper fitting may be in order. My favorite driver so far is the PING G30. I also like the Titleist D3 but the G30 may be a better option for me on my off days, plus it has a lot to offer. 

Fairway: I have the PING Anser currently and will probably keep it in the bag since it works for me already. I am thinking about getting fit for it while I would be getting fit for the G30 to see if there are any other shaft options that could suit me better.

Hybrid: I have had the Titleist 910H for a while now and I would like this club to be fit for me as well. It's earned its spot in the bag and I think it would be nice to optimize it further.

Irons: I would keep my current irons and get my specs checked to make sure they still work for me. I would also get the lofts and lies checked and get them bent if needed.

Wedges: I don't think I would touch my SCORs at all since they've worked very well for me. 

Putter: I like to use putters from my small collection so I wouldn't get a new putter.

Other: I need to get some new grips so I have to look around and see if there's anything new that I like.

So what is everyone else's equipment game plan for 2015? This can include what you're going to try, what needs replacing, etc.

Since reviewing the Cobra Bio Cell irons last February, I have been very satisfied with them, so no changes expected here. Same goes for the Bio Cell Driver Fairway woods and Hybrid that I have gamed since April.

Sorry guys, new equipment needs are not gonna be a top priority in 2015.

That said, the Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Driver & 3 Wood do interest me.....especially at $120 & $80 respectively.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ordering a new hybrid and iron head to make 2 clubs and test them some time this week.

If I like them, I'll make a 3,4,5 hybrid and 6-9 irons...no one is taking my Eidolon wedges from me.

Driver, I'm good with my G20.

Fairway, contemplating ditching the 3 altogether and replacing it with a Maltby easy out 5wd but maybe not even carrying a fairway at all.

Putter stays, period. It just works for me, so I see no reason to change.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Rebuild my Scors to fit my other shafts and get a putter fitting. At the moment everything else stays.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

While I'm pretty sure I won't be making any drastic equipment changes, I will be working with my fitter to work through my bag to determine if I should make any shaft changes, or adjust loft/lie on my irons and wedges since I dislocated my shoulder last summer and flattened my swing, as a result.  

I've picked up a 4 hybrid to match the 3 hybrid that's definitely staying in the bag.

I'll be open to suggestions and I DO want to demo the new Hogan's (I can't help myself), but overall I think any game improvement I achieve will depend more on me than new club designs. 

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

While I don't know if I will get any new clubs or not I have been thinking about this for a bit. It seems as the better my swing gets the more I'm starting to shape out a way I want to attack a course and how I want my clubs to perform for me.

For the driver I want more control without too much distance loss. I'm considering getting a shorter shaft for the driver. Maybe in 44.5

I do want to get fitted for a set of FW woods. I like the ones I have now but I find myself fighting them at times and would like to have them as an option on shorter par 4s or into par 5s.

I plan to add a 3iron back to the bag. I tried hybrids last season and just couldn't get comfortable with them. I also may look into something with a thinner sole but I don't want to give up too much of the forgiveness I get with my MCs. The Nike vapor pros might be a good compromise since they seem to handle my miss out of the toe pretty well.

I'm flirting with the idea of dropping the 52° wedge and getting a PW lofted wedge like scor offers. I feel like there isn't a large enough gap between my PW and 52° that I would miss it. Other than that the wedges are staying put just will get a new 56° since the one I have is getting old.

I'm sticking with the method 001 for sure. But I'd like to see about getting one custom finished in all black.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I've been happy with my current setup but I'be been toying around with a few different ideas lately.

Even though I haven't been fitted for my driver I love it so I'll be sticking with it. I would like to get fitted for the Titleist 915 series 15* fairway and 18* hybrid to possibly replace my G20 3 wood and G25 3 hybrid.

I'd like to get rid of my 4 hybrid put a 4 iron back in the bag. I'm considering doing a combo set with I25 in 4-6 and the S55 in 7-9. I don't mind the G25 irons but after spending a lot of time hitting the I25 and S55 at the range over the past few weeks I've fallen in love with the more classic looks and less offset. I just really prefer the look and feel of the smaller heads over the G25s.

My SCOR 45, 50, 54 and 58 will be staying in the bag indefinitely. I love them.

I picked up a Ping Ketsch a few weeks ago and only have three rounds in with no other practice with it. I'm enjoying it so far so I'm going to commit to it for the full season next year instead of switching back and forth like I did this year.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

No changes planned for me.  I like my current setup and really see no reason why I would change.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I am always in the mood to try things. Drivers top my list. I will try all I can get my hands on.

Pretty happy with Rocketballz FW and hybrids. Not looking to replace.

I am most anxious to try the new Hogan irons, maybe the Srixons if I can find them anywhere.

Playing SCOR 42, 46, 50, 54, and 58 wedges and you will have to pry them from my cold, dead hands!

Haven't found a putter that feels as good as my $40 Boccieri Heavy Putter, so not looking there either.

Considering adding a laser range finder to my gps (which I like), but would like to find someone's to borrow for a round first. I have issues with them. A guy I play with occasionally was using one in the middle of the fairway as said: "It's either 87 or 130." We were standing on the 100 yard marker and the pin was in the middle of the green!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Driver, 3 wood and Adams hybrids will stay as will my Mizuno wedges.   My Adams MB2 irons are being refinished and resifted so they will be back in the bag for next year and should be my only change.  Putter is a weekly decision and will start between my Betti BB54 counterbalance, Scotty Select Squareback and Futura X5r.  Also have a new Adams bag on the way with my name and Eagles logo stitched on the back pocket.  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I actually emptied my bag and got all new stuff. Right now, I am not digging the AP2's. I love the feel but I believe I need a little more forgiveness. I keep pulling my wedges to the left and would like something more accurate. Everyone here raves about the scors but I can't afford them. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

The AP2s are plenty forgiving. I swapped out my Adams Mb2s for them these year and they are very easy to hit. Going back to my Adams but that is in no way a slight to the AP2s but more of a reflection of my improved ball striking.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I'm pretty pleased with my equipment. The only serious possibility of change would be driver shaft if I can find a fitter that I trust. I will give the Hogan irons a look when they hit the market.

Other than that it's stay the course with a goal of building on what's working for me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The AP2s are plenty forgiving. I swapped out my Adams Mb2s for them these year and they are very easy to hit. Going back to my Adams but that is in no way a slight to the AP2s but more of a reflection of my improved ball striking.

Yeah I think my ball striking is not as good as I thought it was. I'm working on trying to get the right gaps between my clubs it's just my touredge hybrid goes way further than my previous one so I had to take my gap wedge out and put my 3 iron in. I'd like to be more accurate from 150 in too. I pull my wedges to the left 90% of the time and it's starting to piss me off. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

• SPY VIP

Great thread...

It's fun to read what you guys are thinking about and to get all/some of my goofy gear ideas down in one place.

Having hit my first post-surgery bucket yesterday, I am wondering if the body is going to want some different specs for the coming season. My driver SS was always 101-104, but is now more 95-100. I am wondering if it is time for a new batch of shafts, or if the recovery will continue and I will be a beast again by the spring time change. Other than that, all slots are potentially open.

Driver: Finally hit the Bio Cell Pro with the Fujikura Pro Blue shaft. Love this combo (after one day) but that workhorse Callaway RFX will still be tough to dislodge. Lots of new drivers will still get a look.

FW: G25 3W works as well as any, but still shopping, especially if shaft changes are happening.

Hybrid: Oldest club in the bag. Callaway RAZR 3H with Aldila NV shaft. Can get a little hooky, but this shaft/head combo probably fits me better than any other club in the bag.

Irons: Probably the area I am looking at most. Playing Cally RAZR X Tour w/ S300, but the Ping i25's (soft-stepped CFS X-flex) and Wilson M3 tour (C-taper stiff) are still lingering. There is even a set of Burner 2.0 irons (stock stiff) making noise. I plan on getting on the Mizuno shaft optimizer and really getting some solid direction for new irons, or just a re-shaft. Nike, Cobra, TaylorMade, Mizuno, and even Callaway are all in the conversation.

Wedges: My Cleveland CG14's are still fine, but not that sexy. Will look into an Edel wedge fitting once the swing recovers. Could also see Bettinardi or even Hopkins wedges. Worked up a cool set of Hopkins with purple accents and white shafts. Colors don't matter, but they sort of do...

Putter: Who knows? The plan is to stick with the Bettinardi Super Bee BB0 that I bought last September. However, I am self-aware enough to know that I am a putter ho. There are a whole slough of potential friends in the garage making noise for bag time. Let's not even think about the new ones coming out in 2015. Byron Morgan will even have a new model, the 615, and that will get a long look.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Driver: I am finally going to get properly fit and buy a new driver for the new year. I really want to get into the Nike Vapor, but want to go into a fitting with an open mind to play the best club that fits me.

FW: likely look into a new (probably this yr or last yr model 3w). Don't particularly like my Nike Vrs off the ground.

Hybrid: I may replace my TM Burner 3h and maybe replace my 4i with a hybrid.

Irons: got a new set of TM Rocketbladez Tour this summer that I am happy with. I bought them stock and found a local guy that I plan to see to get a loft/lie check and do gap testing. Stock lentgh is good for me but they may be a bit upright.

Wedges: love my Callaway Forged 54 and just won a new Bettinardi 58 that will go in the bag.

Putter: Can't ever find one I like or putt well with. Will continue to switch between my current gamer, Nike Method Core MC-03W, and my backups: Callaway White Hot Pro #7 and TM Monza Corza Ghost.

@KW_Johnston

Driver: Callaway XR

3 Wood: Nike Vrs

Hybrid: Adams Idea Super LS

Irons: Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal 4-GW. N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X

Wedge: 54 Callaway Forged

Wedge: 58 Bettinardi

Putter: Taylormade Ghost Black Indy

• 2 weeks later...

Always trying new things, but I do have my favorites I always seem to come back to.

Driver: Ended 2014 with the Srixon Z545 and was very impressed. I have a few drivers I like in the G25, 913D2, etc. Of the new offerings, I'd like to try the G30. I always seem to get along well with the G series drivers going back to the G2.

Fairway: Have one I still need to put together in the G25 3W/Phenom 80 stiff.

913F and Anser 16.5 like to battle it out for a bag spot at present.

Hybrid: Most up in the air club in my bag. Best I have right now is the 913H. Thinking of new shafts in my old school Idea Pros. Those are still about the best I have ever used. Also have some old school Nickent 3DX DC heads that are also some of the best I have used I should shaft up.

Irons: Mostly just want to swap out the shafts in some sets I already have and like. Thinking of trying some heavy graphite to help with aches/pains/injuries. Thinking 110 Recoil protos in my S-55's. Have a set of MP-59's with PX 6.0 that need some Steelfiber 110's I'm thinking. Fingers crossed to try out the new Z745's.

Wedges: Played most of 2014 with Cleveland RTX and liked them. Could play them again for 2105 and still be happy. Have plans for a set of the RTX 2.0's, and a new set of Vokeys. That will about do it there. Maybe the new Pings if they look interesting?

Putter: no changes planned. Hooray! Odyssey White Hot #7, 35.5", one degree upright, Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Bag: Wouldn't include this normally, but it's getting old. Have the SM Speed Cart Bag DLX from circa 2011?

Probably get the new Sync version, but their new C130Hybrid looks interesting.

Balls: Still have about 4 dozen left. If I get some more, probably some used '13 PV1's from like LostGolfBalls.

I've really slowed down my hoing since the shop I used to go to all the time moved clear across town. I just never seem to make it over there. A blessing and a curse!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Not sure how I missed this thread.  I don't really have a need for anything, but I want to try the RSi 2s, pretty much every new driver out, and maybe a 5w.  I would like a 250-260 club, which is why I'm looking at possibly a 5w.

I need a 250-260 club to, but unfortunately it would have to be you and whatever 5w you pick.    :blush:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Driver: My 910 is still perfect. If I replace it, it will have to be like Seinfeld's ex. Spectacular.

FW: May change, may not. Looking for a perfect 16.5-17 degree with adjustability. My 910 is good right now but added distance would nice

Hybrid: Right now all good here as well. Though it's about as safe as my fairway wood.

Irons: I20 currently on consignment at a local golf shop in Tempe. Will probably upgrade to the Mizuno 850 forged, cuz man they flat out perform.

Wedges: All good here. The Cleveland Tour Rack wedges are amazing.

Putter: Got fitted a couple of years ago at Cool Clubs and this putter will never leave my bag, or sight for that matter. 

Though my Ogio Grom is looking a little worse for wear so that should be updated as well

Driver: Call Epic 9* Stock Fujikura FW: Cally Rogue 17* R Hybrid: Titleis 910h 21* Blue Diamana Irons: Mizuno 850 Forged 5-G Nippon 1150 2 up 0.5" Sand: 54* Vokey SM6 M Grind Lob: 58* Vokey SM6 K Grind Putter: Scotty Select Newport 2 35"

I read everybody's posts with relish, since I think MGS's are pretty dang honest about what they like and don't like.   I'm probably one of the bigger club ho's on here, although I can't hold a candle to RookieBlue.  And I only keep one option at a time, I have no back-ups of anything.   Once a club is ousted, it's sold off for good with no regrets.

Driver:  I've still got the ol' Optiforce, but may switch back to the 460 with a lower launch, low spin shaft.   I'll be trying the Vapor Pro, R15, Aeroburner, 915d3, Srixon 545 just as soon as I can snag them for cheap and the snow melts.  But I may very well change nothing.   I'm sticking with the Rogue shaft in all likelihood and I'm going for shorter shafts of late.

Fwoods/hybrid - Bought the Jetspeeds for CHEEEP and I like them.   Won't change unless I find something else strikingly better for cheap.  Probably no change this year except I'm going to try a 2 or 3 hybrid and see how consistently I can hit it.   If it goes the same distance as my 5wood/3 iron and I can hit it reliably straight without a balloon, I'll boot both the other two from my bag.

Irons -  Unless the Hogans seduce me, or I get sucked in by the Srixons, both with v-soles, I'll stick with the Speedblades.   But I do so love the beautiful dollar bill divots those v-soled Score wedges give me, I'd love to see those on all my shots.

Wedges -  I bag 5 Scor wedges thru the 9 iron.  I am wearing them out.   The only way any of them will go is when they are replaced by fresh duplicates.   I will not even consider a Hogan substitute.

Putter - Ping Ketsch, going nowhere.   When I put the right stroke on it, it performs.   When I don't, it's the putterer's fault.

Ball -  I'll try and use anything decent.   I'm back to the ProV simply because I just fished out about 10 dozen good ones from ponds and forests at the end of the season.  I found so many, that I gave away all the ones of prior than the 2013 generation.   I have 3 shag bags full of older models that I use for chipping.  I like the RZN's, the TP's, the Z-stars the Bridgestones, the Wilsons, but I have no need to buy them, so I don't. 

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Ordering a new hybrid and iron head to make 2 clubs and test them some time this week.

If I like them, I'll make a 3,4,5 hybrid and 6-9 irons...no one is taking my Eidolon wedges from me.

Driver, I'm good with my G20.

Fairway, contemplating ditching the 3 altogether and replacing it with a Maltby easy out 5wd but maybe not even carrying a fairway at all.

Putter stays, period. It just works for me, so I see no reason to change.

Update:

The small amount of testing I've done with the iron and hybrid confirms I'll be ordering the rest of them...they are sweet!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Trying to slow down the club ho-ing, but here goes:

Driver: Nike Vapor Pro - really like this thing! As a result of a fitting session, am ordering a Fujikura Tour Pro Spec 73 shaft for Christmas.  Can't wait!  Have a Cleveland Classic XL as a backup - may reshaft it, just for fun. 

FW: Sticking with the Cally X2HOt Pro 2 Deep.  Reasonably useful off the deck but great off the tee.  Those Wilson M3's are dirt cheap right now, so my inner-ho may not be able to resist.

Hybrids: Biggest changes here - traded in my left-leaning Cobra Bafflers and will use a Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3 hybrid set to 17*. Picked up on the cheap two Cally X Utility Irons - 21* and 24* to try - so far, so good.  May have them bent a degree or two flat. Will visit the fitter to make sure the shafts are okay.  These 3 clubs are in flux.

Irons: Very happy with the Nike Pro Combos - great feeling iron!  Again, after the fitting I may look at doing something different shaft wise.  Will keep an eye on the Hogans...

Wedges: In need of an upgrade since being fit.  Would like something forged, but will wait and see what's out there - with all the great things you guys are saying about SCOR, I'd be a fool not to consider the Hogan offerings.

Putter: Loving the Mati Mamo - but haven't hit a real course with it yet.  Have a Nike Method 00, a Coutour Gullane (last year's gamer) and an old Wilson blade as backups, just in case I hit a putting slump.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well, I already made one change to my bag.  

All of my fairway woods except the Bobby Jones Blackbird were non-adjustable with more offset than I need, so I was adjusting my stance to compensate when I would use them.  Found a new Titleist 910F with the Bassara shaft that (almost) matches my Titleist 913D driver for less than half price yesterday.

I was able to talk myself into taking it home ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Not making any changes as far as driver or fairway woods. irons are staying too. Putter is still up in the air between the Method 003 and the old reliable Zing. My biggest changes are going to be the wedges. I decided to quit screwing around with worn out borderline conforming (or not) wedges. Have been researching extensively and was debating between the Maltby Tour MG wedges or the Wishon PCF Micro Tour wedges. After several e mails with Tom himself and with my friend at Championship Golf I pulled the trigger on 3 new heads. The 52 56 and 60 in the platinum finish. The heads will be here after the first of the year since Tom and staff are taking the whole week off. We are going full custom for me on all 3. Looking forward to it! That will leave me with only 3 OEM clubs in the bag and two of them were modified for me anyhow. And techinically the 003 was thrown and the hosel bent so it ended up modified for me I guess

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Driver: My TourEdge is going NOWHERE!

Fairway: My TourEdge is going NOWHERE!

Hybrid: My TourEdge is going NOWHERE! (OK Seriously try them out they are the best!)

Irons: My AP2's were not cutting it and have been sold and replaced with Cobra S3 Pro forged irons. I've used them once and I believe I've found my match. The S300 shafts are great too. I can't believe how high the ball goes! I thought my ball flight was going to be low lol.  I love the feel, my mishits are much more forgiving than the AP2's ever were and they are longer by at least 1 to 1 1/2 clubs. That and my first game with them we win a scramble tournament -nuff said!

Wedges: I am devoting much of my winter/ offseason to finding the PERFECT wedge set. I am looking at SCOR, Scratch, Fourteen, Miura and Mizuno. I want forged, no doubt about it but I also want them to be pin-seekers. One of my 2 weakness' at this point. 

Putter: My other weakness. I am on the hunt for THE putter. Things I know I like: Needs to be 33.5 to 34 in length. Must be 340-350g in weight. 100% milled face with no inserts. Soft, midsize grip. Anser style.

BALLS: I've been a ProV1x player for many years but I do believe I've found a very good replacement - Nike RZN Black. Feels good off the face of my clubs, usually hits the green, flies around 4-6 feet and stops. Until this ball stops performing, no reason to go back to the x....time will tell. 

I'm pretty happy with my set - except the driver. Gonna go back to the sldr. Why I changed is beyond me.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Plan? Seriously, are we supposed to plan? I have no plans to change anything from the list of clubs below. However, I will probably change that list.

Actually, I just updated it tonight based on my end of the year acquisitions. I am changing the hybrids to all one flavor, and that is the Adams Pro Black 9031's. I had two of these the 18 and 23 and added a 20 to the mix tonight.

Also, I purchased a SLDR 460 at Thanksgiving and finally selected the shaft for it. The Fubuki Zeta in the Big Bertha Alpha a friend of mine had was the longest driver I had hit. While I loved the look of the BBAlpha, I did not want to spend the money on it. I can't really explain it but I always hit Callaway clubs well, but do not score well with them. Anyway, I am excited about the combo of SLDR and Fubuki Zeta.

Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong, and I can usher in the new year with these new clubs.

Other than that, I have no plans at all. I keep dreaming about changing to "Distance Irons" but the reality is, I have added a bunch of hybrids to the bag, and can really go after any green that is inside 220 yards now with confidence. Not that I will hit the green, but confidence that I will at least be around the green.

Meanwhile, I think I will switch back to the Ping S56 and maybe look into Ping Wedges.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived