TESTERS WANTED! ×

10 Strokes, 2 in a row, and no one here cares?

RoverRick

Jordan Spieth won the Australian Open a week ago, firing a 63 on Sunday and walked away from the field. Then flew halfway around the world, stopping at Mama & Daddy's long enough to leave the trophy there, and then went to Florida and on Thursday, took a one stroke lead, and more Friday, and more Saturday, and by Sunday practically lapped the field, 16 of the World's top 30. Even a bonehead double bogey on the back 9, one of 2 over par holes of the week, only got a snicker.  He followed it with more birdies.  And no one here is talking about it.

Last calendar year, he won the John Deere.  "I heard, that is a weak field."  "That is an easy course."  Then this year, he has the lead on the back nine at Augusta and falters and then Bubba took the win away from him.  "He can't win."  "He plays for second place."  And the most asinine comment I ever heard, "He can't compete with Rickie Fowler."

Ok, that was not the most asinine.  That would be, "Reed carried him through the Ryder Cup." This is based on Graeme's come from behind win on Sunday. Once again, Spieth had one bad hole, and Graeme had three great holes. The problem in golf is as Keegan said yesterday, "The only way I could have caught him today was to body slam him."

Oh yeah, yesterday, I even heard, but this is an easy course, again. Are you kidding me, he set the competitive course record by several strokes and it the home course for Tiger and a bunch of other pros. If it were that easy why wasn't second place 24-25 under to his 26 under. All courses are easy when you hit the center of the fairway and put the next shot on the green and then make a putt.  Easy hole.

We hear all the time, so and so is the next great thing. I do not know if Spieth is the next great thing, but when you compare their first two years, Spieth is in the Tiger league, and above Rory.

As far as nice guys go, Rory seems as nice as Tiger's image once was, and Jordan seems even nicer.

Time will tell, but now is the time for you to express your thoughts. Weigh in please.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Could be, he's a fine fine player.

Amazing win.

I'd be surprised if his record isn't much better than fowlers within 3 years....now he really hasn't won much (cue the fans of orange burning my effigy) and has so much talent.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Agreed. He's been on quite the roll lately and deserves more respect. Not sure why nobody's really talking about him.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

He's so unassuming.  If you look at the sports figures people talk about, they tend to be polarizing figures.  Bubba and his huge swings, and holy roller image, Tiger because of his dad, and his race. Look at other sports, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, etc. 

Jordan Speith seems to be a genuinely nice guy, and as a rule, nice guys don't get the press.  You have to have a side that the media can sell to create conflict and polarizing views. With Jordan there doesn't seem to be much, everyone seems to like him, none is rabidly his 'fan' or 'hater'. 

Meanwhile, he just keeps playing better and better in his quiet fashion.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Isleworth was indeed a very familiar course for Jordan....He played, and won there in a Collegiate event just a couple years ago.

I was there yesterday to watch him Lap the Field, so to speak...He didn't have to take very many chances and played a very conservative game.  Meanwhile, the Field was trying to play catch up and sometimes took chances that didn't pay off.

Now the question is not "Is He good?" but rather "Just how good he is...."

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Actually he set the course record there when he played in college and Patrick Reed broke it Friday. Anyhow he did "steamroll" the field and it seemed to me he made darn near every putt he stood over last week and darn near chipped everything in if he happened to miss a green. I guess the reason he is not talked about much is because he is humble and goes about his business quietly and swiftly like a man on a mission.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

He's so unassuming.  If you look at the sports figures people talk about, they tend to be polarizing figures.  Bubba and his huge swings, and holy roller image, Tiger because of his dad, and his race. Look at other sports, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, etc. 

Jordan Speith seems to be a genuinely nice guy, and as a rule, nice guys don't get the press.  You have to have a side that the media can sell to create conflict and polarizing views. With Jordan there doesn't seem to be much, everyone seems to like him, none is rabidly his 'fan' or 'hater'. 

Meanwhile, he just keeps playing better and better in his quiet fashion.

To summarize what Dru said...............he's really boring.

Nah he's to long to be really boring!

I like players like Kuchar and Donald.....steady and calm players just work for me. Alright I like boring.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I've got the tournaments recorded, but simply haven't even had time to look at them.  Just other things going on right now.  Obviously this kid is good and, if he keeps playing at this level, people are actually going to talk about him, no matter how nice a guy he is! ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've got the tournaments recorded, but simply haven't even had time to look at them.  Just other things going on right now.  Obviously this kid is good and, if he keeps playing at this level, people are actually going to talk about him, no matter how nice a guy he is! ;)

Might as well watch the whole tournament.  Jordan's highlight reel is probably longer than the weekend coverage. 31 holes or so below par and 3 over par.  Wow, how boring is that?

He won a PGA event in December, not a big deal. When he plays like this in a major or WGC event I'll change my tune but for right now I think he's overrated.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

He won a PGA event in December, not a big deal. When he plays like this in a major or WGC event I'll change my tune but for right now I think he's overrated.

"We are sorry Mr. Spieth but this check is for a golf tournament in December so according to Mr. Theoo, it does not count." :lol:

"We are sorry Mr. Spieth but this check is for a golf tournament in December so according to Mr. Theoo, it does not count." :lol:

I said it's not a big deal. Not that the win didn't count

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Now that Spieth has a full year on tour under his belt and familiar with the various courses and tour life, I expect him to be one of the Americans to win multiple times in 2015. Fowler is another.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have to say after watching (and rooting) for Spieth over the last 2 years, this guy is 100% one of the MOST UNDERRATED talents on the PGA tour.

Have we forgotten that he is 21 years old?! 

Some quick stats to point out...

2013: 18/23 cuts made. 1 win, 3 runner ups, 9 top 10's, 13 top 25's. 7th in the FedEx cup.

2014: 24/27 cuts made. 2 runner ups, 8 top 10's, 18 top 25's. 15th in the FedEx cup. 2 late season wins.

Roughly $8.3 million in earnings in 2 seasons on tour.

Currently ranked 9th in the official world golf rankings.

What those stats combined scream to me is SILLY consistency. I know that's not a sexy way to describe a professional golfers game, but it has made some PGA players a great career.

The kid demands a lot of himself, all the while being as humble as anyone, and carrying himself like a professional in a manner that some others on the tour haven't been able to achieve over much longer careers.

The kicker, how great is it to yell "SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIETH" when he does well?

Driver: Ping G25 9.5° TFC Tour X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Red

Fairway Wood: 3w Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 13° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Hybrid: 3h Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 19° Aldila RIP X-stiff w/New Decade Multicompound Black/Red

Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro's 4i-PW KBS C-Taper X-stiff + 1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whiteout/Black

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM4's 50°, 54°, 58° DG S300's +1/2" w/New Decade Multicompound Whitout/Black

Putter: Nike Method 001 34" w/SuperStroke Mid-Slim White/Red

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

Fowler had an unbelievable 2014, let's see if he can build on that.  If Spieth can have a "Fowleresque" 2015, then perhaps we're looking at two who can put some heat on Rory moving forward.  It's fun to watch, either way!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I think the why aren't we talking about him has been pretty much covered.  He's a very good player without a lot of flair.  It's hard to be polarizing when talking about a glass of water.  Water may be the best thing for you to drink, but I'd rather have a beer most of the time.  Also as Theo pointed out PGA wins during the winter don't get as much attention.  The only reason the Hero was on most of our radar's was that it was Tiger's first tourney back.  If he wasn't in the field I don't think it would have gotten half the coverage it did get.

As to how good Spieth is, I think that remains to be seen.  He has a ton of talent, that's for sure.  But talent won't get you everything.  In this day and age I think it takes a win at a major to really gain that next level status.  There are so many talented guys, especially younger guys, that pretty much anyone can win on any given tournament.  Where we see the true stars come out is when there is the added mental pressure of a major, playoff event, ryder/presidents cup matches, and a few of the other bigger tourney's.  When he starts to win those we will be talking about him a lot more.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Speith is one of several young guns out there poised to have a good year.  Rickie Fowler, however, is my #1 guy going into this year.  He joined elite company with only Tiger and Nicklaus to finish top 5 in all 4 majors in a single calendar year last year.  We saw the strides he made in year 1 working with Butch (last year was HUGE for him), and I'm betting this year is his breakout year.  Last year was the first time he's had a swing instructor since 2011 when his guy, Barry McDonnell, passed away.  I expect HUGE things to come out of Rickie this year.  And with him, Jordan and Rory, this could be a GREAT year to be a PGA tour fan.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Fowler had an unbelievable 2014, let's see if he can build on that.  If Spieth can have a "Fowleresque" 2015, then perhaps we're looking at two who can put some heat on Rory moving forward.  It's fun to watch, either way!

I hope Spieth does not have a "Fowelleresque" type year because if you look at the year over all as Mr Clean has, Jordan trumps Rickie over the season and certainly the career. 

I have to say after watching (and rooting) for Spieth over the last 2 years, this guy is 100% one of the MOST UNDERRATED talents on the PGA tour.

Have we forgotten that he is 21 years old?! 

Some quick stats to point out...

2013: 18/23 cuts made. 1 win, 3 runner ups, 9 top 10's, 13 top 25's. 7th in the FedEx cup.

2014: 24/27 cuts made. 2 runner ups, 8 top 10's, 18 top 25's. 15th in the FedEx cup. 2 late season wins.

Roughly $8.3 million in earnings in 2 seasons on tour.

Currently ranked 9th in the official world golf rankings.

Yep I'm sorry mr fowler will only have made it for me when he wins multiple wins in one season, so many near misses .....

He's clearly talented, but wins are what's remembered - times on his side but of course there's always young players coming through - Spieth for instance!

Also why does the Hero get world ranking points? Only 28 players who are invited.....doesn't seem quite right.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I said it's not a big deal. Not that the win didn't count

I strongly disagree, if Phil, or Tiger, or Rory, or Keegan would have won either of these tournaments we all would have said, alright they are back into form, but Jordan destroys the fields in both tournaments, and you say it's not a big deal, horse crap, this is a huge deal, if Tiger won 2 in a row this time of year that is all you would hear about.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I strongly disagree, if Phil, or Tiger, or Rory, or Keegan would have won either of these tournaments we all would have said, alright they are back into form, but Jordan destroys the fields in both tournaments, and you say it's not a big deal, horse crap, this is a huge deal, if Tiger won 2 in a row this time of year that is all you would hear about.

Winning by 10 strokes in any PGA event is a big deal, not trying to take anything away from the performance Spieth put on.  However the original question was why nobody was talking about it.  The answer is because it wasn't a Phil or Tiger that won and it's a PGA event in December.

If you want to know how big of a deal it really was go google "Hero World Challenge" and try to find Spieth's name in a headline.  I went through the first 10 pages of results and nothing.  One headline with Bubba revealing his new tatoo and a bunch of how Tiger was doing at the time.  Nobody is saying Spieth isn't in great form, but he has a loooooong way to go until he gets the media coverage the other guys get.  It takes multiple wins and Major wins to do that.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Wow...  Didn't realize there were so many Fowler haters here.  And after he got a haircut and everything.  Guess I'll have to change my avatar to an Orange hat.  Jordan's off to a blazing start, no doubt.  Top 5 in all four majors is nothing to sneeze at, however.  I imagine they'll settle it on the golf course(s).

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Speith is a complete player and I believe his ability outshines a lot of other guys here but he doesn't have that big personality like other guys do. If this was Patrick Reed, they'd be all over it. He seems quiet and reserved and it goes against him right now but if he keeps winning like he has maybe things will change.....I don't know......maybe he should just get an Escalade and crash it? lol

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Wow... Didn't realize there were so many Fowler haters here. And after he got a haircut and everything. Guess I'll have to change my avatar to an Orange hat. Jordan's off to a blazing start, no doubt. Top 5 in all four majors is nothing to sneeze at, however. I imagine they'll settle it on the golf course(s).

I am not a Fowler hater at all. Just don't think he is near the player as Spieth. He just happened to play well in the 4 majors last year and now he is being touted as being on the same level as Tiger and Rory. I was also saying that in two full years Spieth accomplished more than he in seven.

One thing about him, though, Rick, is in one season under Butch Harmon's teaching and he's playing VERY well.  He's fixed a lot of the hitches he had very quickly.  Now if he can continue to progress with Butch's teachings, he's going to be a tough out every week.  

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Spieth can shoot -100, lap the field 10x & win by 93 strokes, but if Tiger, Rory, Rickie our any other golfer is in the field for that matter I'm watching them.

Spieth image wise will take golf back 100 years. I'll take a struggling Tiger for the next year because it will be a far more exciting story than Spieth slumpin around the links.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Spieth can shoot -100, lap the field 10x & win by 93 strokes, but if Tiger, Rory, Rickie our any other golfer is in the field for that matter I'm watching them.

Spieth image wise will take golf back 100 years. I'll take a struggling Tiger for the next year because it will be a far more exciting story than Spieth slumpin around the links.

I agree.  Listen, the kid is good, but he is an 80yr old stuck in a 20 somethings body.  He is just so boring.

Crikey not a fowler hater, just his moustache!, but when he's won a few more times then he'll be worthy of the plaudits he gets. In 25 years I hope we remember more than orange - Id like to see him win, he seems a good bloke.

The more Spieth is ignored, the more I'll like him. I like the dull ones!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I'm with you westy.  Fairways and greens, good short game, good putter...  I thought that was how you are supposed to play golf.  Go Spieth!!

I'm sorry, Tiger will only be fun to watch when he's healthy and starts enjoying the game again.  Who knows when that will be?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived