TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Winning Setup: Jordan Spieth's Hero World Challenge WITB

Aotearoa_Brad

As RoverRick aptly pointed out - Jordan Spieth's win was significant, both for the distance he set himself apart from the field, and for the fact that this was straight on the back of The Australian Open win last week.

So - what are his current tools-of-the-trade? The Titleist Tour Blog provides us the details: http://www.titleist.com/teamtitleist/b/tourblog/archive/2014/12/08/the-winning-setup-jordan-spieth-at-the-hero-world-challenge.aspx

Capture1.JPG

Titleist Brand Ambassador Jordan Spieth captured the Hero World Challenge in impressive fashion, shooting a final round six-under-par 66 for a 26-under-par 262 victory total. This is the second consecutive win for Jordan, both of which were won using the new Titleist Pro V1x prototype golf ball and new 915 driver. 

Jordan used the new ball to rank first in birdies, eagles, driving accuracy, putting and 3rd in greens in regulation. 

"The new ball is very much an improvement for me just as each version has really improved. This one's better for me because that softer cover around the greens allows me to have more spin control and softer feel off the blade of my putter without jeopardizing any distance or spin with the long clubs. It's still long off the tee with more control into the greens," said Spieth.

Let's take a closer look at the full bag of Titleist equipment used by Jordan this week.

Capture2.JPG

Interesting to see Spieth going with the more forgiving 915 D2 rather than D3, and also that he's gone with 4 wedges - good looking bag. I've swung the 915D2 a couple of time and it's GOLD - my favorite new driver thus far.

Archived