Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Forum Contest: Win a Mamo, Courtesy of Mati Putters!

GolfSpy Barbajo

Oh yeah and of course the MGS most wanted golf shoe of 2014..... Royal albatross from Italy.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is such a sweet looking putter that I have to give it a try.

When I was just a pup in school we learned that in 1492 Columbus sailed the Ocean blue. To me it looks as if the makers of the Mati Mamo have discovered the remains of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria because surely these putters will help the discerning player safely navigate any green in order to find a whole new world of one putts. Rumor has it that each one of these putters has a piece of the keel from one of those three vessels embedded in its DNA.

I'm going with Cristopher Columbus. Without him there is no golf on thus continent and thus no civilization.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Mornin' Gang -- we'll be taking your applications for win the Mati Mamo until Monday night -- so if you haven't entered yet, git 'er done!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Pizza... simple and delicious just like these putters! Yum

but seriously, who doesn't like a fresh hot slice every now and then?!?

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

Well I like pizza calazones anything Italian as far as eating. I have a friend of mine he and his wife are from Italy and moved over here 30 years ago. She does all her cooking from scratch period including her own pasta making no bought pasta in their house! She makes the best Italian wedding soup ever! When it gets cold and damp I get to thinking about her soup and usually I will get a call and she will have us a quart or so. She also makes some great Italian desserts I don't know the name of and cant begin to pronounce.

As far as Italian cars I say some are works of art but they can be tempermental.

I can see a redneck eating Italian food but driving a tempermental Italian car naaah.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The answer is plain and simple....the Jersey Shore (and not the TV show, the actual Jersey shore).  There is nothing better than heading down to Wildwood and having dinner at Joey M's (mob front), walking over to the gellato shop (also a mob front) and then hopping on the bike and cruising the island amongst the hopped up IROC Zs and Honda Civic race cars.  Seriously; the amount of Camaros per capita on the island in the summer has to be some sort of record and these geniuses normally want to try and "run" with my thousand horsepower Mustang that sounds like a dang Nascar.  Going to any bar and watching the young Italian American youth drink vodka and red bull while wearing clothes that have colors even Ray Charles could see is just priceless...after about twenty minutes in the bar I could tell you what they drive, the part of Italy their family is from, their favorite NFL team (normally tattooed in their forearm) and their philosophy on life which is normally not to well thought out or planned.  The nice lads normally have a short Italian American lady with them dressed in some sort of spandex dress which is also in a color that has never appeared in nature.  At some point in the night there will be a fight over something and shirts will be coming off and the score will be settled in the parking lot; three red bull and vodkas later their will be tears and apologies.  

Without the import of these fine people's ancestors from Italy the Jersey shore would just be an absolute boring place and would have denied me hours of entertainment.  I think this putter would also be hours of entertainment and would buy me some street cred at my club at the shore when I get stuck playing my morning round with Vinnie, Rocco and Tony.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Sounds like my kind of folks with the all night drinking and the shirts coming off well at least in my old youthful days.

Speaking of your Mustang we have an old guy running around the upper end of the beach (CCU) area that has one bad black Roush Mustang. It will run I have seen a couple of kids try him with a "tuner" car (fartbox imports) and he will kick their butts no problem.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Thanks for all the awesome entries!  We'll be taking entries until Monday night, and will announce the winner Tuesday morning!  If you haven't entered yet, what the heck are you waiting for????

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I know I have absolutely no say so  in this at all but I think Jmike's post is the best of all so far

G

The common thread in all great Italian things.  Sauce!  Marinara, vodka, clam, pesto, ragu etc. There are 23 categories of Italian sauces but everyone of them improves the dinning experience and adds a layer of sophistication to the meal.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

All you need to do is comment below on what you feel Italy's numero uno contribution to North American culture is!  

If we look at the broad scope of what Cappuccino has brought to the US and Canada, I think you will find that it is not even close...

Coffee in and of itself is not an Italian invention, but add a little pressure and some steamed milk, you have something magical.

Cappuccino and other coffee drinks have spawned an entire worldwide industry that has a massive footprint here in the states. Coffee is a $30 Billion industry in the US, and 50% of the population, equivalent to 150 million Americans, drink espresso, cappuccino, latte, or iced/cold coffees.

That is a pretty big impact.

The Espresso craze has also allowed countless small businesses to spring up and their owners to become wildly successful!!  Read about a local drive through espresso company Dutch Bros Here.  These guys have only been open since 1992, but now have stores from Washington to Colorado.. A real American Success Story.  

Thanks Italy.

Now, I am not saying that Coffee is a sexy as fast cars, or as fun to talk about as the mob, but if we are talking about the impact on US society???  It's Coffee in a Marcus Mariotaesque Landslide!!!!

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Ok yes coffee is huge........ But to be fair Id suggest North America has more to do with making coffee huge than Italy of late. Starbucks takes over the world - can't even get Italian blends/roasts most of the time.

Now did Italians make it stylish? Yep. Just like super cars, fine leather goods and many other things - Italians make it stylish and we all adopt.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Ok yes coffee is huge........ But to be fair Id suggest North America has more to do with making coffee huge than Italy of late. Starbucks takes over the world - can't even get Italian blends/roasts most of the time.

Now did Italians make it stylish? Yep. Just like super cars, fine leather goods and many other things - Italians make it stylish and we all adopt.

No Argument.  North Americans took something that Italy invented and made it an integral part of the American experience....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

It's a small joy now when I find a coffee shop selling an Italian roasted coffee, such is life.

mind you I'm a sucker for a skinny latte from Starbucks as well

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I live in Washington and it seems that there is a Starbucks on every corner and even inside stores!  I like coffee, but there are many coffee beans out there that are better than Starbucks.  They have the marketing, but not the best taste, IMO.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Last day for entries. We'll announce the winner tomorrow..

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

With you there Kenny, the art of coffee is amazing - got a great independent coffee house up the road that put the Starbucks opposite out of business; they'll take feedback and alter roasts and blends accordingly.

Getting back to the competition though as I feel I've lead us astray......

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Way too many excellent entries to weed through this easily, gang!  You more than did your part.  Cappuccino? Awesome!  Gelato? Tasty!  Sohpia Loren?  Even tastier!!!  It got to the point where we had to do this virtually randomly, since all of your entries were well thought out, clever, artistic and just plain fun!

Soooooo...without further ado, the winner of the Mamo, by Mati Putters of Italy is....

MGoBlue100!  

Enjoy the putter, and as we say it Italy...

Spero che affondare un sacco di putt e punteggio basso!

Translation: I hope you sink lots of putts and score low!

Bellissimo paisan!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

My Favorite ...1960's Italian Wine ... Chianti ... 

Could not have done the 60's without it lol :)

Love the Putter.

Oooopsss Late for Dinner again lol.

DRIVER Nike Corvert [9.5°] R-Flex (Won in Fantasy Game)

Fairway Driver (No Name) Flex ? Better than a 3 wood anyday

Callaway RAZR X Iron 5 to PW R Flex

Callaway Hydrid X Hot 3 & 4

Titliest 910 5 Wood

No Name Sand Wedge

Putter - Tour Select\

Shoes Callaway RAZR Black

Ball Callaway Type (Relevant to weather)

Special Note: New Nike Driver Won thegolfspace.com Callaway Irons & Shoes won in a online Fantasy Game,!, Putter bought at Salvation Army 1.99. Sand Wedge Free. Fairway Drivers Salvation Army 5.00 ...Overall cost 6.99 for everything.

This might be on the superficial side but Italy's best contribution has been STYLE. Art, Music, Fashion, Cars, Food. For centuries people have been emulating Italy's style and forward thinking aesthetics. Because of the Italians, you, me, and people all over the world are enjoying the finer things in life (and looking better doing it). This includes on the golf course, too.

If you want proof, ask Nike Apparel if looking good and performing well go hand in hand. The proof is in the pudding, and they've put a lot of pudding in the bank. 

Current Bag
Mizuno JPX-850 10.5 degree stock shaft, stiff
Srixon U45 2 iron stock shaft, stiff
Titleist 915H 3 and 4 hybrids. Aldila Rogue Black stiff
King Cobra Pro MB 5-p, DG  tour stiff
Titleist sm6 50, 54, 58
Mizuno MP T106

I would think the expansion of the Christian faith.........................how often does someone pray "Please let me make this putt"or the coup de Gras: hear the words "JESUS (insert your favorite expletive here) CHRIST" screamed upon the errant shot

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

RCongrats a cool prize and great contest. Hail to the Victor!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

All:  I have been out on the road and out of the loop; I did receive a message from Barbajo earlier, but haven't been able to get back on the site.  SUPER stoked to put this putter in play!  Very pleased (obviously) to have won, and I'll be sure to give my feedback on the new flatstick.  Also received a very cool congratulatory tweet from @matiputters!  Please follow on Twitter if you don't already.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

This is easy...my three kids (a few generations removed, but Italian blood all the way)!

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Oops,I see I missed the deadline.Congrats to the winner.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Archived