Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Incoming heads...what shaft?

Here you go Foz and anyone else that's interested.

20150117_083240_zpsfliertw1.jpg

Yes, I do have head covers on them, they're forged and I don't want bag dings.

20150117_083411_zpscd9cyuob.jpg

20150117_083445_zps2b79otvt.jpg

20150117_083529_zpslbrrlckv.jpg

I think I have to reshaft the 5H. I accidently cut it the same length as the 6 iron and that won't work.

They look great! congrats on the first build.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I like what I see and applaud you for building your own set. That's not something I think I could do correctly. Perhaps if I had all the proper fitting specs I could. I assume you did. I also like the idea of you buying and playing a set of non-BigName OEM clubs. I also found interesting that you didn't have an true iron lower than a 6i. So many higher handicap players carry 3i and 4i's that are never hit well by them. I carry a 4i myself but may take it out this summer. You are a guy that's honest about his game and playing ability. Too few of us are.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Good job! They look nice.

Thank you.

They look great! congrats on the first build.

Thank you Sean!

I like what I see and applaud you for building your own set. That's not something I think I could do correctly. Perhaps if I had all the proper fitting specs I could. I assume you did. I also like the idea of you buying and playing a set of non-BigName OEM clubs. I also found interesting that you didn't have an true iron lower than a 6i. So many higher handicap players carry 3i and 4i's that are never hit well by them. I carry a 4i myself but may take it out this summer. You are a guy that's honest about his game and playing ability. Too few of us are.

Thank you! If I'd known how easy it is to do (it really is) I'd have done it a year or so ago. I had basic specs, but not in-depth, like swingweight etc. If need be, I'll bend them for lie, but I seem to be one of the people that standard lie fits and the clubs feel very stable when I make a nice, slow, smooth swing with them. I'm reusing the shafts for the irons from my old irons because they work for me. I ordered the same shafts for the hybrids and cut them to match because of the hybrids being an iron head rather than a mini fairway head.

I know I can't hit the lower lofted irons well, so hybrids are a no-brainer. I am honest about my ability in that I know I'll never be a scratch player and I just want to get good enough to shoot in the mid 80's, but I enjoy playing the game and I've found another new hobby in building my clubs.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We will have to get out and play again this year so I can have a swing with those bad boys

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice job! Great looking set.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Archived