GolfSpy Barbajo

Quiz Time: Name That Manufacturer

Notice how you didn't get a "no" to the question when asked directly?

Maybe it's working! Keep saying it! Wilson, Wilson, Wilson......

They could have started 2007 with less than nothing.

Maybe it's working! Keep saying it! Wilson, Wilson, Wilson......

They could have started 2007 with less than nothing.

And Harrington won 3 majors since then.

This seems doggone near impossible to guess.

The forum consensus seems to be leaning towards Wilson Staff starting over out of bankruptcy. 

I can't think of much else.

Srixon?  Maybe their Z Star balls won a few majors?

I know they've been around longer than 2007, but maybe they are one of those companies that re-organized from "less than nothing" and started over?

Anyway, it sure is a brain teaser.

I kind of hope the answer is Wilson Staff.  That would mean that a once prominent brand that fell on hard times has bounced back to prosperity.

I've seen more tweets from them lately about the general public potentially trying their clubs if they knew that certain pros, like Ricky Barnes, were gaming them on tour.

It will be quite something if none of the proposed answers has been correct, and GolfSpy Barbajo has stumped us all.

It will be quite something if none of the proposed answers has been correct, and GolfSpy Barbajo has stumped us all.

Pretty sure I won't be stumping you all, Joe.  Hope everyone is enjoying this little exercise in perception, reality and golf equipment.  The answer will be revealed after Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho!

The Hammer? The Perfect Club? Peter Kessler? 

Serious guesses, Golf Logix and Super Stroke. 

The Hammer? The Perfect Club? Peter Kessler?

Serious guesses, Golf Logix and Super Stroke.

What, you weren't serious with the Hammer guess? I know a "2 hc" who posts pics of that thing repeatedly. It must really be something! Hahaha!

Its gotta be PUMA GOLF... unless somebody already guessed Puma?!?  Puma has been around for many years, but they are pretty new to golf... maybe 2007???

Thought about that Chris, I know Puma were bought up in 2007 by PPR.

But I have my doubts they had less than nothing......might be wrong through.

They bought cobra in 2010.

I'd have thought they combined finances of puma/cobra exceeded 120m.

Anyone said Bridgestone?

I'm not sure if its them or not bc I said Wilson staff a page or so ago and he didn't say if it were right or not. His wording did leave it open for them though bc he said majors from 2007 until now.

Actually, he didn't say that in his original post. He said "their equipment was used to win 3 majors." It wasn't until the 3rd page of posts that he said their equipment was used to win 3 majors in that timeframe.

Still sounds like Wilson Golf.

Actually, he didn't say that in his original post. He said "their equipment was used to win 3 majors." It wasn't until the 3rd page of posts that he said their equipment was used to win 3 majors in that timeframe.

Still sounds like Wilson Golf.

Damn I was hoping nobody noticed that! haha I didn't catch my mistake until it was too late and thought it wouldn't matter because if you go purely on wording Wilson Staff has only had 3 majors(could be wrong). Wilson on the other hand has countless more. They were my original answer for a reason bc I LOVE a good riddle. That means funny wording and everything that comes with it. I'm prolly wrong and Barbajo has stumped us all but I have to say this was infuriatingly interesting.

I would have said GolfLogix or SkyCaddie. Both or either could have started in 2007, however, you really can not claim they have won majors, or any other tournament on the PGA, since they can not actually use them during play.

I know I got my first SkyCaddie in 2007. I hated the way it was made and had to be plugged in, but it lasted until 2014 so I guess it was not that bad.

I can do it officially next week, but since I'm in a Holiday Spirit, I will give you another clue.

Pro's using their equipment have posted 3 victories worldwide in 2014!

Does that help?

I can do it officially next week, but since I'm in a Holiday Spirit, I will give you another clue.

Pro's using their equipment have posted 3 victories worldwide in 2014!

Does that help?

Yes now it has to be Wilson Staff. Padraig won once (INDONESIA OPEN) and Marcel Siem won 2 times of the European tour (BMW MASTERS & VOLVO GOLF CHAMPIONS). 

Yes now it has to be Wilson Staff. Padraig won once (INDONESIA OPEN) and Marcel Siem won 2 times of the European tour (BMW MASTERS & VOLVO GOLF CHAMPIONS). 

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Wilson Staff was founded in like 1913 - 1914?? not 2007

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Wilson Staff was founded in like 1913 - 1914?? not 2007

Wilson was, Wilson Staff as re-branded was not ;)

• Like 1