TESTERS WANTED! ×

Rory's Quail Hollow Performance

Addicted2Golf

I watched it back on DVR the other night. I'm not sure I've ever seen a golfer dominate a golf course like Rory did on that back nine. According to the Golf Channel, Quail Hollow's last three finishing holes are among the most difficult statistically on the PGA Tour. Rory just destroyed them and he made it look effortless.

I've learned not to get too excited by so-called "break-out performances" by young players but I like what I've seen from him and Fowler this year.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I watched it back on DVR the other night. I'm not sure I've ever seen a golfer dominate a golf course like Rory did on that back nine. According to the Golf Channel, Quail Hollow's last three finishing holes are among the most difficult statistically on the PGA Tour. Rory just destroyed them and he made it look effortless.

I've learned not to get too excited by so-called "break-out performances" by young players but I like what I've seen from him and Fowler this year.

I agree. It is nice to see one of the young guys step up and make it fun to watch again. Being of Irish descent, it gives me pleasure to watch him play here. I'm hoping he now plays here more but I'm guessing he will stay with the European Tour full time for now. Only time will tell.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Makes me sad that I have no television. I really wish I'd been able to see Rory this weekend, I'm a budding fan of his.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

That Eagle on the back side, that shot from the fairway bunker to right next to the hole. His attitude, his smile, it's hard not to like this guy. Plus, the biggest bonus there ever can be, HE"S IRISH!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived