TESTERS WANTED! ×

5 Questions w/ Golfspy T

Mr_Theoo

Next on our list of "5 questions with..." We have Golfspy T

5-questions-golfspy-t.jpg

How did you get started in golf journalism and for MGS? Is it difficult to stay in good standing with the OEMs while remaining honest about their products?

I think you're cheating a bit here, Theoo. That's definitely two questions. I was told I'd only have to answer 5. Anyway…

I still can't believe I am in golf journalism and that the industry as a whole largely treats me like a belong here.

My journey to wherever the hell I am now started with an idea for a better way to review clubs. It seems crazy now, but 4-5...however many years ago it was, the idea of using launch monitor data instead of just a pair of eyeballs as the basis for a club review was revolutionary.

I took the idea to GolfSpyX. We had never met, and I was just a casual reader at best, but given what everyone else in what used to be called the blogosphere was already doing (mostly eyeballin' it on a lot of gear reviews), MyGolfSpy, with it's fairly limited number of club reviews, seemed like my best opportunity.

I emailed Colt (GolfSpy X) and laid out the idea. He called me a couple hours later, and after some back and forth about how it could actually work, we had a plan for a golf club review system.

The plan was never for me to be a writer or journalist or, dare I say it...a member of the golf media, but after I flew off the handle about TaylorMade's RocketBallz Fairway press release (which was originally forum content), we started to realize that I had a particular knack for stirring the pot and telling stories in a way that's unique and entertaining...at least by golf industry standards.

The rest, as you know, is history.

As for that 2nd question you snuck in there…

Yeah, absolutely it's difficult to remain on the nice list. I think most of my direct contacts, especially the ones who have taken the time to get to know me over the last 4 or so years, understand my approach to how I write my stories. At that level, most are willing to take the good with the bad, and most understand there's no negative bias, and no agenda; it's simply what I think about the product or industry news item du jour.

The reality is, however, that most of the people I work with have bosses, and once we're making waves inside the executive wing, the perception of MyGolfSpy can vary from day to day. We do sometimes encounter a what have you done for me lately kind of mindset...and if lately what we've done has been less than complimentary, or involves a spy pic that wasn't supposed to be released then some become instantly reticent to work with us.

In many respects, I'm only as good as my last story.

I will say that some companies are better than others when it comes to accepting criticism. I always single out Nike for being exceptional in this regard. While I've written some very positive things about Nike Golf over the last few years, I've also written some things that some readers, and no doubt some inside Nike would categorize as negative. At no point has Nike shutdown communication, withheld equipment or refused to work with us in any other capacity. As a company, it takes the good with the bad, and always wears big boy pants.

I think much of how a company responds to media criticism is a reflection of leadership. I won't say much more about that piece of it, but I also understand that I work in an industry where the media's role has traditionally been to report the facts as dictated by the people who created them. That's not how I do things, and that doesn't always go over well.

I should also add that the same is true for some readers as well. I think for the most part guys who have been here since I started spouting off have seen the ebb and flow, and mostly understand that while I do have an opinion, there's no bias one way or another.

I've written positive things about nearly every golf company. I've written negative things about nearly every golf company, and along the way I've been accused by my readers of being in bed with everyone and hating everyone...sometimes in response to the same article.

For whatever reason some golfers form deep personal connections with the brands they play, and so a Callaway article with a negative tone must mean I hate Callaway, while a TaylorMade article with a positive tone must mean I've sold out. At the end of the day we're talking about brands, not people, and quite frankly I don't think any of us should be that personally invested in somebody else's logo.

The point is that, for some readers as well, I'm only as good as that last article.

And while I'm on the subject…

You really want to see all hell break lose? Write an opinion-based article that contains the following two words:

Tiger Woods

I'm not sure they even need to be in that order.

Readers choose sides, assume a bias, make accusations.

Somebody will call you a racist. Every time.

So as long as we're still talking about it, once upon a time that was my biggest complaint as a writer trying to give me readers real information presented in an entertaining way.

It's a frequent occurrence that someone who has never met me, knows nothing about me, and less about what really goes on in the golf industry or how this site works would make assumptions and accusations about my motivations for stating an opinion.

Miniscule differences of opinion that would result in rational conversations in the real world are reduced to vitriolic nonsense online. Some people are crazy. I honestly don't know how they survive in the offline part of society. I guess maybe being an online ignorant tough-guy jackass is a form of therapy. In which case, get well soon, guys.

While I still find it off-putting as far as what it says about the state of humanity, it doesn't get to me on a personal level anymore.

You learn to ignore ignorant people with oversized pieholes, and truly appreciate the guys who can rationally and articulately disagree as gentlemen.

The upside is that it's made me more aware of my own words, and I'm better at my job because of it. So yeah...let's call that a word of thanks to the haters.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

You're a pretty big gearhead, is low & forward CG the solution? Which OEM do you think is on the right track to offering the best equipment for golfers?

You're cheating again. Once again, that's two questions. At this rate, you probably should have called this 10 questions with GolfSpy T, but I digress...again.

I'm not sure low/forward is THE solution, but it is a solution. Low back (G30) is a solution too. And there are good solutions in the middle. Almost everybody benefits from low...you probably want low. Forward vs. back...that's much less cut and dry.

As golfing consumers it's our responsibility to know what we want to achieve through our equipment, what compromises we're willing to make, and then find the club (in this case the driver) that does the best job of meeting our individual requirements.

I find it absolutely infuriating when otherwise reputable fitters says things like I would never let a guy walk out of my shop launching at 17° and 1700 RPM?

Why not? If the customer wants to maximize distance, and understands that there will be a forgiveness loss because of it, then fine. Leaving what most golfers can practically achieve out of the discussion for a moment; You've got a guy who can get to 17°/1700 and you won't let him walk out of the shop? As a consumer, if I knew that, I wouldn't ever walk into your shop.

Woah...epic T tangent there...anyway, the point is that golfers need to understand that a R15 is very different from a G30. There are tradeoffs inherent to both designs (and every other design in-between). Do you want maximum distance, maximum forgiveness, or do you want to be somewhere in the middle?

Do we have time to talk about why CG matters? Probably not….

We'll talk about the rest of the bag some other time, but when it comes to irons my personal philosophy is much less complex; play the most forgiving iron you can stand to look at. Put the right shaft in it, build it to a playable (and comfortable) length, and get your lie angles right. Boom. Done.

All this stuff about blades and workability is proven nonsense. There's no gear effect with irons, and curvature (the working part), is mandated solely by the relationship between face and path at impact, not because of some Harry Potter magic sprinkled into irons with more compact heads.

Sure, some us need what are classified as less forgiving designs because we can't get the launch conditions right with SGI or even GI clubs, but the best players in the world are slowly moving to more forgiving designs and yet 15 handicaps are still buying blades and compact CBs. It doesn't make any damn sense.

As for who is on the right track...I think all of the brands have strengths and weaknesses on both the product and marketing sides of their business.

I love what Cobra is doing with metalwoods this year. I love that TaylorMade has committed to something (low/forward) that runs contrary to what the rest of the industry is doing. It's a renegade position, and that's where they're at their best. It sure beats the hell out of puppets. I love that Mizuno always makes a great iron for every ability level. I love that Titleist suddenly looks innovative again, and I love while other companies are only now starting to put the golfer at the heart of every decision and every product, PING hasn't really known any other way.

But right vs wrong...that's simply a matter of perception. Anybody who matters in the equipment industry is making better stuff than they were 10, 5, even 2 years ago. Yes, it's true that revolutionary products are few and far between, but everyone is evolving for the better.

What is something you feel is wrong with the industry today and how would you change it?

How much time do we have?

In general, I think the industry needs to move out of the dark ages. I talked about this when I answered question 1B. The consumer deserves real industry coverage, and the outlets that act responsibly in providing that; good or bad, they shouldn't have to live under the constant threat of being put in metaphorical timeout.

The world has changed around the golf industry, and while golf companies are quick to point out how they're on the leading edge of technology, the coverage expectations are positively archaic. If the golf industry is going to hammer its nebulous brand of innovation and technology down our throats, then it probably should embrace innovative media to the extent that other tech industries have.

Since you're asking more questions than you were allotted, I'm going to give you an extra answer (how do you like them apples?).

Where golf companies really fall short is in explaining their technologies to the consumer. They rely on guys like me, and the reality is, most media outlets don't have the page space to dig deeper (gotta save room for the ads). The end result is that actual technological advances, and at a minimum technologies that differentiate one brand from the next get watered down into what are largely meaningless marketing taglines.

Loft Up ...ok, but why?

There's a legitimate, no bullshit reason why, and I'm guessing most of you reading this...even if you own a SLDR have no idea what it is. I use TaylorMade as the example, but it's equally true for most everyone designing and marketing golf clubs.

I will say that while I don't always love the format (still a bit too marketing driven, IMO), Callaway is making a real effort to get their tech stories out to the golfers that want those details. They deserve plenty of credit for that.

So I guess my point in all of this is that golf companies need to do a better job explaining the actual technology (what it is, and why it's different), but at the same time, the consumer needs to do a better job of asking...hell, demanding the explanation. Until we as golfers do that, the industry won't have any reason to move past longer(-IER), faster, farther, etc. etc..

Datacratic is a big movement with MGS; what numbers should a consumer be most concerned with and which aren't going to have a noticeable impact on their games?

It's true that we tend to obsess over numbers. When we test especially, I think the process is much more controlled and analytical than some people give us credit for, but the reality is the average guy probably has never hit a golf ball with a launch monitor anywhere in his vicinity.

So while we can talk about the importance of ball speed, launch angle, and spin rate, or how there's more distance to be gained through a lesson (fixing path and angle of attack issues), for most golfers - even most competitive golfers - the only number that will ever really matter is the score.

I'm not sure helping a guy drop driver spin by 200 RPM is all that impactful in the big picture, so I think most of us would do well to focus on ONE...1 more fairway, 1 more green, 1 more par. Properly tuned equipment can help, but golfers still need to work to improve...one stroke at a time.

I'd also add that sometimes we lose track of the fact that golf is a game and games are supposed to be fun. That aspect of golf is harder to quantify with our datacratic approach, but there's probably something to be said for measuring success by the hours spent and friendships made on the course, and if you'd like, the number of beers consumed afterwards.

With so much tech being put into clubs nowadays which do you think is the better choice; game improvement or play what makes you feel good?

Is that some kind of trick question? I think that if you keep score, how good you feel is often a reflection of the number you write down.

If that's the case, I can't make a rational argument against game-improvement irons. Wedges...there's so much feel involved...different strokes for different folks for sure.

The driver becomes almost philosophical. As I discussed before, it's distance vs. accuracy vs. consistency. Where, and how much are you willing to compromise? The prevailing wisdom is that accuracy is the most important, but the numbers in Mark Broadie's Every Shot Counts makes a strong argument for sacrificing a bit of accuracy for more distance.

I'm sure there's data to support both sides of the distance vs. accuracy debate, but I'm not sure there's a definitive, universal right or wrong answer.

What's the right approach for you? That's the only thing that actually matters.

And there you have it folks, 5 (7 lol) questions with Golfspy T. As with before don't be scared to ask anything i didn't.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Another great interview, keep 'em coming!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

T I have always admired your writing style. Although you seem to be a technical sort of guy did you go to school for journalism somewhere?

Seven is a better number than 5 anyway unless it's on the scorecard and 8 is better still so please answer if you get the chance.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

T I have always admired your writing style. Although you seem to be a technical sort of guy did you go to school for journalism somewhere?

Seven is a better number than 5 anyway unless it's on the scorecard and 8 is better still so please answer if you get the chance.

I actually have a degree in English. I spent 3 hours in a graduate program for technical writing before becoming an IT guy. I did that for a decade before falling into the MyGolfSpy gig.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Every time I read your stuff Tony, I learn something.  I'm going to double-down on Rev's question - do you have a journalism background? You're writing style is spot-on!

Never mind -- you just answered.  Dang yer good....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• SPY VIP

Every time I read your stuff Tony, I learn something.  I'm going to double-down on Rev's question - do you have a journalism background? You're writing style is spot-on!

Never mind -- you just answered.  Dang yer good....

No prior journalism experience. It may be worth nothing that I did some creative writing in college. That CW background perhaps makes me uniquely qualified to cover the golf industry.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

What's been your favorite OEM trip so far? 

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

What's been your favorite OEM trip so far? 

Oooh good one. I'd say all...well most, certainly have their virtues. Nike for example always does a good job of getting product info out. TaylorMade puts on a show, and Cobra is always so much fun that you may not even realize you're learning anything. The PING trip was awesome too simply because of how they present their info...real insight into their design philosophy.

The Cobra trip with Blade really stands out as a great time, but I think my favorite to date was a trip I took to TaylorMade shortly after the SLDR was announced. I guess actually it was a SpeedBlade thing.

Comparatively speaking it was very low key...almost informal. Instead of the rigorous herding the cattle forced pace type of thing, I had casual meetings with the ball team and Brian Bazzel on the club side. The first day of the trip I hit the SLDR on the range, and the next morning I hit SpeedBlade on the range, and then played Torrey with the PR guy, Bazzel, and Tom Kroll. Again...casual conversation the entire time. Short of some things with Cobra, it's the best chance I've had to really get to know some of the guys behind a brand.

After the round I had dinner with the adidas/Ashworth team. Just an unreal great time that should probably never be spoken of again.

Sounds like a blast, thanks for the insight.  Since Theo started off the whole multipart question thing I should probably ask the follow up.  What's the worst trip?

• SPY VIP

Sounds like a blast, thanks for the insight.  Since Theo started off the whole multipart question thing I should probably ask the follow up.  What's the worst trip?

Nothing is ever bad...unless one happens to be sick. I like the NY events because they're easy (quiet train ride). Living in NY the West Coast trips can sometimes be problematic. There's typical airline stuff, and occasionally the rental car or the hotel doesn't get squared away quite right, so it's a 2 month ordeal to get reimbursement. 

What can be rough is the quick stay...I've had some companies push for a 1 night stay, which is next to impossible from NY (if you want to leave the airport), and while 2 is the most common, even that is a tough squeeze.

I'm not sure helping a guy drop driver spin by 200 RPM is all that impactful in the big picture, so I think most of us would do well to focus on ONE...1 more fairway, 1 more green, 1 more par. Properly tuned equipment can help, but golfers still need to work to improve...one stroke at a time.

That is one spot on statement!

With all the equipment you get to test does it have any effect on your game? Is it hard to keep a steady bag of gamers?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

• SPY VIP

With all the equipment you get to test does it have any effect on your game? Is it hard to keep a steady bag of gamers?

This is probably the question I get asked most - and it's nice to have an excuse to fall back on. Certainly a lot of stuff comes through the doors, but I'm trying to get better about committing early, and sticking with the gear for a full season. I seldom swap hybrids or wedges, and now that I have a properly fitted putter (plus not a lot of putters come to me), there's no reason to mess with a good thing.

I've been better about the irons...played SpeedBlade all season, and may stick with them for another year. RSi is intriguing, but I haven't found anything else that I'm wowed by. The driver is a revolving door, but I'm trying to get better about it. I'll tinker with shafts all season long regardless, but I'm hoping the head I have now actually sticks for a full season.

Tony,

I know the 2015 MWD test is coming up and the testing parameters have changed somewhat. Can you summarize what changes have occurred over the years in testing parameters and evaluations (for all clubs)? I would like to see how the MGS program has evolved.

I think this would show people what's been done in the past and maybe you can add a little about the future?

It seems that no matter what or how you test, people are always going to find a fault or have differences of opinion on what was done. It's like people can't take the information from the tests and apply it to their wants or needs. It's just another piece of data in the quest for equipment.

Many thanks to all of your hard work, and I do enjoy the way you write. Very humorous! ... You did want to be humorous, didn't you? If not, strike this last thought.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Speaking of which... maybe you could give us a rundown of your current bag T?

D - Cobra FLY-Z+ w/Aldila Rogue Silver 125

FW - TaylorMade Mini TP (stock Fuji)

#4 & #4 HY - Taylormade SLDR TP - currently evaluating Cobra FLY-Z

TaylorMade SpeedBlade (5-PW) UST Recoil 125 

50,55,60 - Cobra Tour Trusty

Putter - PING ZING Karsten TR

• SPY VIP

Tony,

I know the 2015 MWD test is coming up and the testing parameters have changed somewhat. Can you summarize what changes have occurred over the years in testing parameters and evaluations (for all clubs)? I would like to see how the MGS program has evolved.

I think this would show people what's been done in the past and maybe you can add a little about the future?

It seems that no matter what or how you test, people are always going to find a fault or have differences of opinion on what was done. It's like people can't take the information from the tests and apply it to their wants or needs. It's just another piece of data in the quest for equipment.

Many thanks to all of your hard work, and I do enjoy the way you write. Very humorous! ... You did want to be humorous, didn't you? If not, strike this last thought.

Your thought in the middle paragraph is spot on. It took me a while to accept that there's no such thing as a perfect test. Everyone has an opinion on how it should be done...and no doubt others would make different choices than we have...and that's the key thing; there are few absolutes, and plenty of decisions.

The evolution really comes in the learning. We started out with 2-3 guys hitting a single club, to 6 guys hitting a single club, to 6 guys hitting multiple clubs (better fitting), and now 20 guys hitting (in most cases) the best fit from an entire stock arsenal.

What's been reaffirming as we've learned from ourselves and from the golf companies is how close we've been all along. Obviously 20 is a better number than 6, but when it comes to how many shots we hit we've never been far off. If anything, two years ago...and even into last year's driver test we were hitting more shots than we needed to. Having OEMs validate what we were doing...and what we were seeing ourselves was also very affirming.

The challenge has always been trying to take the data and present it in a way that's meaningful to the most number of readers. This is probably the area where GolfSpy X and I have spent the most time screaming at each other. He'd tell you that I make it overly complex, and I'd argue he waters it down more than we should. While I think there is a balance, as we grow and our audience expands, simplicity is becoming more important. I think you'll see some of that this year as I'm coming to terms with the fact that what makes perfect sense to me may not work for the average golfer...an example here would be some of the stuff we've tried to do with our accuracy calculations. Maybe just yards offline is enough.

Another frequent decision point is around what we do with new knowledge. I think readers like to see everything looking consistent from year, but I hate doing something the same way just for looks when I know that we can do it better because of what we learned last time.

We've also heard from some people (usually when their favorite brand doesn't do well) that we're statistically invalid because we don't do hypothesis testing. More often than not it's the same guy who's telling us each tester needs to hit 1 million shots with each club...it's pretty clear he just spent 10 minutes on wikipedia for the sole purpose of shooting holes in what we do. Guys like that have no idea we've had those discussions with the R&D guys...they laugh. The permutations of 20 guys and 30 clubs in a series of A/B tests...it's comical. The OEM's almost never use hypothesis testing, and when they do it's only to pacify legal when they're about to make a huge claim against ONE of their competitors clubs.

That said, we've certainly gotten a whole lot smarter about how we look at and processes the data. We look at standard deviations in key columns, and the OEM guys have taught us how to crunch the numbers to ensure that the data has the greatest potential for repeatability (there's never a 100%...most rational people understand that). That's the kind of stuff that happens way behind the scenes and we don't dig into it (partly because it's boring, and partly because we've put a s*** ton of effort into it and don't want to give it away), but it does make for some hearty laughing internally when guys who literally know nothing other than their driver didn't win start talking about our 'backyard' test.

All things considered, I think we've done a pretty good job all along at identify standouts, and under-performers. We've probably missed one or two with our 6 guys system, but I'd also argue that if 6 guys put up poor to mediocre numbers with a driver, the odds that the next 14 will be exceptional aren't so good. Having those other 14 guys should prove us right in that regard.

Well done! I think most of us would agree that what you do is invaluable for us to make an informed decision about a purchase. That's why we see so many new people join that have been reading your work for more than a year. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On certain things I tend to be one that soaks up information like a sponge. Golf equipment is one of them. Even though I do seem old school and I am I do read and asorb information that you guys present on here. I don't always comment much on the technical modern era of things in the golf world I do read a lot and I for one do appreciate your work. And I like the rebel aspect of not kissing the big companies asses stating your own honest opinion. Keep it that way always

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Alright T - how close are you to Balston Spa?

It appears that my son will be spending the next three years of his life there starting in September.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• SPY VIP

Alright T - how close are you to Balston Spa?

It appears that my son will be spending the next three years of his life there starting in September.

15 minutes...maybe 20.

What happens to all of the clubs in the Most Wanted tests after it's over?

Archived