Sign in to follow this  
Undershooter

How much will bending an iron affect how it plays?

I'd lean towards the PW or GW depending on which you use more and gapping

Use them both a lot. The 56 is the least used club out of my wedges. Thinking of bending my 50, two degrees weak to try and bridge the gap a little if I pull the 56. Maybe the reason for this thread will have some purpose other than just knowledge after all. Haha

If you are putting a long iron in the bag, maybe removing a wedge is not the answer, if you only have 3 wedges it shouldnt be a problem, your set would look like. D, 3w, 2i, 3i, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, pw, gw, sw, putter. That's 14

• Like 1

If you are putting a long iron in the bag, maybe removing a wedge is not the answer, if you only have 3 wedges it shouldnt be a problem, your set would look like. D, 3w, 2i, 3i, 4i, 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, pw, gw, sw, putter. That's 14

That sure looks like the way to go.  The only utility club I've tried, similar to the ones you're discussing, is the Srixon U45 I swung last week at the PGA show.  If I were to get one, it would be replacing either a fairway wood or a hybrid, so I'd keep my wedges as they are.

Right now I've got it set up D 3w 1i 3i-pw gw lw. It's not prefect yet but the plan is to remove my 60* lw head and put on the 58* back up head I have. Also to bend my 50* wedge to 52*. Hopefully that should take care of everything. I'm a big fan of the mizuno mph5 1i that theo suggested btw!