Bizarre Marketing Campaigns

jdiddyesquire

Like, really? Why is this guy walking to the beach with golf clubs? Is he going to hit balls into the water? Is the course *on* the beach? He's not wearing golf attire. Maybe he's going to budget muni, which happens to be, you know, in the ocean.

His lady friend seems to be wearing a swimsuit, and has a blanket to lay on. I am confused. Is it possible that he's actually coming *back* from the course, but they parked in a shady neighborhood and he fears leaving his clubs in the trunk?

Under what circumstances does this ad make me want to buy the bag to play golf with?

And I actually love the bag! Bizarre. I feel like this needs a series of spoof captions.

Edit: http://www.dagwoodgolf.com/braid-canvas-leather-golfbag-navysaffron

Dagwood_Beach_Walk.jpg

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

• SPY VIP

Lifestyle branding.  Basically they are trying to have golfers who feel they align with their brand in an emotional way.  So if you think you are a cool, laid back dude and ever surfed or liked a day at the beach even once in your life then this brand is just like you. 

People buy and support products and brands they feel they align with.  Look no further than Travis Mathew in the golf industry.  Their gear is nothing special, their branding however was.  And it was that branding that sold a ton of cotton.  It surely wasn;t because they made a better t-shirt.

Unfortunately this was and still is more important than the products themselves these days. 

#TruthDigest

I had never heard or seen that bag but looking at the website that is a nice bag at a nice hefty price. A commercial may influence me to check out a product like I did on the bag above but as far as it being "hip" or whatever that does not influence me a bit. if I like the product I may buy the product. But whatever trips one's trigger I suppose

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label R-- PW Hogan Starburst 50* --- SW Cleveland 588 56*--- LW Cleveland 588 60*--- Putter -- Yep it is back Rusty Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

He is playing Palmilla Beach Golf Club at Prot Aransas....... hahahaha

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Being a recovering duck hooker, when I see that picture I think of a seaside golf links course and that kid hit a nasty snipe into the adjacent beach area and hit that lady's boyfriend right in a hazardous area and the guy is now hopping around in pain out of the frame.

All the kid wants to do is find HIS ball and get the hell out of there before the boyfriend guy recovers.  The light-looking carry bag will facilitate his escape.

That lady seems to be older than the kid, too.  Seems like some kind of cougar-thing?

• Like 1

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

Being a recovering duck hooker, when I see that picture I think of a seaside golf links course and that kid hit a nasty snipe into the adjacent beach area and hit that lady's boyfriend right in a hazardous area and the guy is now hopping around in pain out of the frame.

All the kid wants to do is find HIS ball and get the hell out of there before the boyfriend guy recovers.  The light-looking carry bag will facilitate his escape.

That lady seems to be older than the kid, too.  Seems like some kind of cougar-thing?

Now I really want to buy this bag. Cougars for the win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

Ashworth Golf has a similar picture......but without the girl.

http://ashworthgolf.com/

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  PXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts; soon to be Titleist T300

Wedges: Ben Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”  Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

Maybe it is his Mom, or Mistress, like in "The Summer of '42"

MV5BMTc3MDQxNzcyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDE0

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft

Fairways:  PXG 0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*)w/Recoil ES regular shaft

Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 5-PW w/Recoil 660 Regular graphite shafts; soon to be Titleist T300

Wedges: Ben Hogan Tkt-15 (49*/53*/57*) w/Recoil 660 Regular shafts 

Putter: 33”  Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black). 

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Using Shot Scope V3 and MG4000 Rangefinder

Ashworth Golf has a similar picture......but without the girl.

http://ashworthgolf.com/

At least that dude looks like he's about to play. Dressed right. No one in a bathing suit next to him.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

• 7 years later...

Maybe his instructor told him he needed to work on his sand game and so he took him literally when his coach said, "Go hit some out of the beach!"

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

Everything you buy is because of marketing. The product, the brand, the color, the smell, the feel, the enjoyment...you name it, it's marketing. Why did you buy the new car you bought? Why did you buy Ping over TM? Why did you buy one pair of shoes over another? Why did you buy one blue pill over another...the cute blonde in the ad?

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2021 Ping Fetch Putter/1996 Original Odyssey (not Callaway) Dual Force Rossie Blade

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Mid-Size Grips

I was once sitting on the beach in Palm Coast Florida.

A guy comes walking down the beach, wearing a bathing suit, puts down a beach chair, sits down, puts on a pair of golf shoes, drops a dozen or so balls and proceeds to hit the balls back and forth for about 10 minutes. He then leaves

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Holy necro-thread, Batman!

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

Obviously the person or persons that came up with this marketing commercial don't play golf or know anything about golf. Not buying.

• Haha 1

Golfnut

On 1/6/2015 at 12:08 PM, jdiddyesquire said:

Like, really? Why is this guy walking to the beach with golf clubs? Is he going to hit balls into the water? Is the course *on* the beach? He's not wearing golf attire. Maybe he's going to budget muni, which happens to be, you know, in the ocean.

His lady friend seems to be wearing a swimsuit, and has a blanket to lay on. I am confused. Is it possible that he's actually coming *back* from the course, but they parked in a shady neighborhood and he fears leaving his clubs in the trunk?

Under what circumstances does this ad make me want to buy the bag to play golf with?

And I actually love the bag! Bizarre. I feel like this needs a series of spoof captions.

Edit: http://www.dagwoodgolf.com/braid-canvas-leather-golfbag-navysaffron

http://freshgolfreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Dagwood_Beach_Walk.jpg

bag this...

• Like 1