Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

From MannKrafted/ SSB Custom Garage, pics....teazer, sort of......

golfluvzme

Well, I took the time to get the paint fill completed and here are some shots. The white still needs to be cleaned up, just a bit, but the flash makes it look horrible.............it really barely shows, LOL.

Not the average looking color scheme, but not really the average looking putter, either, eh?

Thanks for following my thread,

LaMont in AZ

2010_07130015.jpg

2010_07130019.jpg

2010_07130017.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still really like the shape and look of this putter, the mini especially, but I gotta say you really threw me off with your color scheme! I don't hate it, but I can't say I'm completely on board with it either!

What I'd like to see for alignment marks on this is two lines or dots on the front that are ball width apart in the center mass, then a single center line on the back plate (you could make a mark go all the way around on the cylinder back piece!). I think that would be sweet and very useful, you'd be able to center the putter with the front markings, and establish the line with the back. The lines on the side rails look good too. You've definitely got a TON of real estate on this thing to play with!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I still really like the shape and look of this putter, the mini especially, but I gotta say you really threw me off with your color scheme! I don't hate it, but I can't say I'm completely on board with it either!

What I'd like to see for alignment marks on this is two lines or dots on the front that are ball width apart in the center mass, then a single center line on the back plate (you could make a mark go all the way around on the cylinder back piece!). I think that would be sweet and very useful, you'd be able to center the putter with the front markings, and establish the line with the back. The lines on the side rails look good too. You've definitely got a TON of real estate on this thing to play with!

Tyk,

I can see what you are saying and I am not 100% sold on the color scheme, either. But, it is #1 Prototype, so there is always room to adjust, :lol: .

You hit the nail on the head with regards to the room for alignment aids or engraving or stamping or whatever you like, being a very large canvas on this rascal. I was out today and picked up enough to create two more and the thinner stock to make several of the weight bars. I even spoke to my CNC guy regarding the engraving on some of the bars, to do logos and such. Hopefully, you'll see a couple new looks in the coming weeks and one will strike a chord.

I will take your suggestions to heart and you may see that Dot/Line combo on one, in the near future. The thinking has merit, now it just needs the canvas to test it out.

Thanks for the post,

LaMont in AZ

Hey Lamont, check your messages if you have a minute!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Hey Lamont, check your messages if you have a minute!

Tyk,

Message found and replied to. Sorry about the news.

Here are a couple of Tombstone proto's that I spun on the mill at my CNC guy's shop. He allows me to use his Bridgeport-style mill, if I get there before his guys show up, LOL. I love the fact that the whole Tombstone line has been created one at at time, by hand and no CNC, just yet. In time, I think there will be at least a small run, maybe 25 or so, but I need to get a shape that I really like, before I commit to that extent. The weight bars will also be a factor. Brass, 303 SS, Aluminum? I have to find a shape, size and design that is the most adaptable. Prototyping is fun, but sometimes is feels like it won't end.

It takes me about 3 hours on his mill, versus about 6 on my own.........small difference, eh? Usually on my own smaller mill, I run out of patience long before I get them this far along and they sit for a month or so.

I like the shape of the one with the "T" lines in the top, but tell me what you guys think. One is for a local golfer who saw mine, rolled it and loved it. The other is for a guy who has a pretty good collection of MannKrafted works going.

My own mill took a hit this week and is out of commission for a week or so, but I may wind up on my buddy's mill long enough to slot this pair and make at least one weight bar for each, tomorrow. We'll see how I feel at 5 AM when I need to haul my butt out of bed and get moving.

Give me your thoughts, they are appreciated.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

http://s654.photobucket.com/albums/uu270/MannKrafted/Tombstone%20Prototypes%200710/

2010_07200001.jpg

2010_07200018.jpg

2010_07200011.jpg

2010_07200010.jpg

These protos are made of aluminum. Not the 6061-T6 stuff, but stock from my supplier that mills like butter, LOL.

When it comes time to make duplicates and numbers of them, the material will be the 6061-T6 stuff, as good as it gets, I believe.

Never a problem asking questions.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

Any chance getting one of the upside down ones milled up (with the slopes on top rather than bottom)? I fly out to Arizona on sunday! :)

Joking aside- loving your work. Would love to come and roll a few putts with one at some point when I'm out there!

phil.b89

Phil,

Always a chance. My shop mill is down, but maybe I can slide into my CNC guy's shop and wrestle the mill away from his guys long enough to make one happen.

Fire me a note at [email protected] and let me know what days you'll be here and what part of town you'll be in.

You just never know. :)

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

Archived