TESTERS WANTED! ×

GoDaddy founder's new iron line

RookieBlue7

Bob Parsons, owner of GoDaddy, has been talking about getting into the golf club business for a while... He hired Mike Nicholette (PGA pro and club designer) and Brad Schweigart (formerly worked at Ping) and they've been working on a full line... Today a pic of the irons was tweeted out... Here it is

82C7F466-BD59-4AA8-B5A6-2A3B7B11C497_zps

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rookie I commented on another thread on this. Since you posted I want to get your opinion on this. Do you think you can jack with the weight distribution with all those different Torx screws on it? or are they just decoration?

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Stu, I'm not sure what what the purpose of the screws will be. When I first saw the pic I was thinking maybe interchangeable faces like TMag did one time with wedges. This would extend the life, justify a higher initial price (could see them being advertised as "the last set of irons you'll ever need"), and have a function. Changing weight, I don't know. I don't see it. Those would be pretty small weights in there and to lighten and add weight I'd imaging you'd need significantly different materials the screws/weights would be made of

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Interesting look though. You have to be different and given the state of the industry, the last set of irons you will ever own, sound appealing, edgy and against the grain.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't know what the screws are for and I doubt they are functional, but I can't wait for the demeaning Tv commercials that overly-sexualize LPGA athletes in an entirely gratuitous way.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Way Too Many places to dig the dirt out of.......UGH!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If you're getting dirt back there, I'd suggest turning the club over and standing on the correct side of the ball

In The Bag

My first thought was similar to Rookie's -- that they held an interchangeable face like TMag's old wedges (which worked really well and still have their favorites).   This would allow you to play forged and not have to throw them out after a season or two when they started to wear and brown.  But I see no seam on the sole in other photos of the clubs in Ryan Moore's bag.   I haven't seen a shot of the faces yet, although I'm watching Moore at Kapalua to see what I spot.

But eleven connection screws?  All on the toe end, none on the heel?   Four would do, you'd think.

If you're getting dirt back there, I'd suggest turning the club over and standing on the correct side of the ball

You haven't seen where I play!  We have frequent dust storms.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I was thinking on the line of what Rookie said you could have those screws made out of different material for different weights and also depends on the depth of the respective holes. Kinda like some of the Old Bobby Grace V-Foil tour putter heads they had depth and you could use different length allen set screws in them to mess with the weight. I experimented around with one of those putters for a while and I had a tray full of different length and material allen screws.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

LMAO Rookie

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ryan Moore is playing these irons right now in the Hyundai.

Don't look in his bag today, he might have changed irons between yesterday and today.

In The Bag

I was thinking on the line of what Rookie said you could have those screws made out of different material for different weights and also depends on the depth of the respective holes. Kinda like some of the Old Bobby Grace V-Foil tour putter heads they had depth and you could use different length allen set screws in them to mess with the weight. I experimented around with one of those putters for a while and I had a tray full of different length and material allen screws.

"Machine" putters uses different weights in their putters to keep the weight consistent while allowing to change hosels.  Pretty neat idea.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

What baffles me are the size of those torx screw holes if they are for weight adjustment purposes.   They're very small, making me think they are not for adjustable weights.   The small screws on Machine putters, for example, aren't the weights, they attach the large adjustable weights.   Likewise the adjustable weights in TMag and Callaway and Camerons are very large discs with small screws merely to hold the weight on.   I can't imagine that the weight difference between 11 small steel (or even aluminum) screws and 11 small tungsten screws is going to be that much even when pushed to extremes because the holes are so small and the torx bit tip creates a significant cavity in the screw head.   Why not mill out an entire furrow along the toe and fill it with tungsten if you want to push the toe weighting to Xtremes?

The whole thing baffles me either as an attachment mechanism for a face plate or as adjustable weights.

Considering the designer of the Ping S-55 is the designer, I think you're seeing a lot of CG-shifting going on with all those small weights (I'd be surprised if they are meant to take out/adjust/tinker with.) The S-55 has just one large tungsten toe weight. They've almost created a CG "cradle" with this design if you will. The hosel goes up one side, and the weights travel up the toe side, with the weights low helping lower CG/raise launch. I'm thinking the screws will be tungsten, but lots of alluding to exotic materials, so I'm actually wondering what the club body itself will be comprised of.

No idea how much these will cost (a lot I am thinking) but its a cool design that has really caught my eye since you can see what they're trying to accomplish, plus the pedigree of the two Ping guys with over 300 patents to their name being involved. Hard to ignore for sure!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

• 7 months later...

I had a chance to score keep for Max Bonk a PEG staffer at the Utah Open last week.   Great kid, hits 270 plus driving irons.   I eyeballed his PEG irons and woods all day.  I can say they are pretty, but too much MB club for me.   Scary looking old style blades with holes drilled in the back.  His driver had a noticeably different sound from the TMag and Srixon drivers of the guys in his group, but he hit it a ton.   Rarely used it though, prefering to hit that high 2 iron on most holes.

• 3 months later...

A really good friend of mine just got a job building clubs for PXG.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Don't be fooled people, these are the furthest thing from a blade that you can get!

I've hit these irons multiple times and the only thing I can say compares close to these is the Callaway Apex CF16. The PXG irons look a lot cleaner than the Apex and feel softer, too. The ball speed numbers are incredible and like I said, only thing close is Apex. Very comparable heads.

I'm interested in the Tour model when they release, to see the difference in aesthetics, and numbers and see about maybe doing a combo set.

Archived