Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Miura irons

superduper

Have you looked on their website to see if you can identify the model? Or Google if it's an older set. Brand new Miura irons are close to $2000 if I'm not mistaken and you would have to take into consideration what shaft you put in them and grips; a graphite shaft will be much pricier than a steel shaft. And as for store availability, you won't find them in big box stores. You would need to look for certified dealers which are smaller shops and fitters.

Whiskey is absolutely correct. Miura has a SELECT few dealers and all Miura irons are shipped disassembled and built to the customers specs. They are VERY particular about who their dealer/builders are. I am into this a lot because I have a great friend of mine that is a Miura dealer. I hit his demos all the time. Trust me if I could afford a set a set of 1957 baby blades would be in the old Stu man's bag. The thing you need to consider when buying used Miuras is this. What the initial purchase price is and if you think they would fit you if not what shaft changes would you have to make would cost you vs a new custom built set. If I was purchasing them used and knew I had to modify them for me I would not screw around take them to a Miura dealer to have the work done properly by a person that knows the product. To put it in a nutshell you don't take a Lambrogini to the Chevrolet place for service. Miura prices are high but they are a high quality product and worth it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Mavrick that is just about right today on the base price like you said different shaft and grips may cost more

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Why would anyone want to play a $2000-$2500 set of irons?  I would be afraid to hit them.  

For me I always lusted after them and the time was right for me to get mine. They hold up very well also. Mine all in, were $3510.00 before taxes. Much worse things to spend your money on I think.

Why would anyone want to play a $2000-$2500 set of irons?  I would be afraid to hit them.  

Prestige, mystique and using a set that most people cant afford.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• SPY VIP

Prestige, mystique and using a set that most people cant afford.

This is all it is. A set of Mizuno on sale for $500 is going to perform as good as these any day. Even if you gotta pay a grand take the difference, buy a lesson pack and get a better game to go with em.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

The same reason "someone" pays the same for one putter!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Different market for different people is my take. For those saying they are not worth it, have you ever used Miura and not going to a demo day and hitting a couple? Same as clothing, some people like Loudmouth clothing, not my style but they might have pulled off a smart marketing play with that name; might just be knowing their clients/market.

Play or wear what makes you happy people.

The same reason "someone" pays the same for one putter!

Or has 60-80 shafts sitting in their garage

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'm surprised no one has cautioned the OP that these used Miuras might easily be fakes.   You might know the guy who is selling them, but you don't know the guy that he got them from.  Miura blades, along with Scotty Newports, are probably the most commonly faked clubs around.   The reasons being they are:

1. relatively easy to mimic since their forged heads are simple in design.

2. they are all custom assembled, meaning there is no uniformity in component construction to worry about matching, and

3. real Miura dealers (who can tell the difference) are few and hard to reach for verification.  

Before you buy, insist on very detailed Macro photos at the very least and shop them around to the Miura fanboys and see what they think.  Or you could post them here and ask Fairways Golf in SD (a dealer and frequent MGS contributor, super guys) to chime in with their verdict.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

For those interested in Miura take a look on ebay for used ones and like Mark cautioned, there are fakes out there. If anyone is concerned about the price for them (and I can see there are comparing Mizuno to Miura in the same breath) take a look at youtube for what goes in to making Miura. There tolerances are legendary (ask a reputable clubmaker for verification on this). Every head is hand ground by the son of who started Miura and right down the line it goes. This is where the high dollar value comes from. Mizuno are very nice but they are not the same clubs and like always getting fit for them and taking lessons is the best approach...

Similar to the custom putter scene, you can buy an off the rack Scotty Cameron for $399.00 Canadian or get a gently used custom boutique putter for around the same money, no comparison. Just get the putter fit for you and you will be very happy.

Maverick I probably could not tell a good counterfit on sight from a legit one but let me hit it and I can tell. Nothing feels like a Miura. Like I said my friend is a Miura dealer and I have hit plenty of his demos so I know the feel

G

I'm surprised no one has cautioned the OP that these used Miuras might easily be fakes.   You might know the guy who is selling them, but you don't know the guy that he got them from.  Miura blades, along with Scotty Newports, are probably the most commonly faked clubs around.   The reasons being they are:

1. relatively easy to mimic since their forged heads are simple in design.

2. they are all custom assembled, meaning there is no uniformity in component construction to worry about matching, and

3. real Miura dealers (who can tell the difference) are few and hard to reach for verification.  

Before you buy, insist on very detailed Macro photos at the very least and shop them around to the Miura fanboys and see what they think.  Or you could post them here and ask Fairways Golf in SD (a dealer and frequent MGS contributor, super guys) to chime in with their verdict.

No need for photos.... I've seen the club myself.  The seller lives in the same city. 

Sounds like you are confident they're real ... even though you didn't know their model name or their value in your original post.   Good luck to you.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Maverick I probably could not tell a good counterfit on sight from a legit one but let me hit it and I can tell. Nothing feels like a Miura. Like I said my friend is a Miura dealer and I have hit plenty of his demos so I know the feel

You would certainly know and exactly the person I had in mind since you have a dealer as your friend.

• 2 months later...

Bones: The average golfer these days has probably never heard of Miura. My brother-in-law introduced me to them a few years ago. He uses them, and shoots in the high 60s. I have a feeling that the majority of people who use Miuras do so for a couple off reasons - (1) they can obviously afford them and (2) their games warrant a better club, which Mirua's are. I once asked Matt Kuchar what he thought about Miuras. He said he liked them very much. That said, I think you might want to lower that percentage down a bit as far as how many Miura players you could beat with those Wilsons. I think the average Miura user is probably a pretty good golfer. JMO 

All I'm saying is, I could take a set of Wilson Walmart specials and beat 99% of the guys playing Muira for "prestige".

Wait? Is this golf w R x?

Don't really want to turn this into a pissing match but cmon now... Personally, I can think of five people I know who play miura irons not including me (I have a set in the basement). The worst player is a four handicap and the best is a plus three. Each played collegiate golf as well. Don't judge a player by his clubs.

That's like asking how many MPG's a Ferrari gets. If you have to ask... ;)

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Bones: The average golfer these days has probably never heard of Miura. My brother-in-law introduced me to them a few years ago. He uses them, and shoots in the high 60s. I have a feeling that the majority of people who use Miuras do so for a couple off reasons - (1) they can obviously afford them and (2) their games warrant a better club, which Mirua's are. I once asked Matt Kuchar what he thought about Miuras. He said he liked them very much. That said, I think you might want to lower that percentage down a bit as far as how many Miura players you could beat with those Wilsons. I think the average Miura user is probably a pretty good golfer. JMO

You are darn skippy right in that last paragraph. I play on a weekly basis with the guys that use Miuras I would say that out of our crowd of 20 or so regulars probably half of them use Miura. All of them are pretty good players. The only reason I am not hitting them is because I cannot afford them but then again I love my current irons and hit them pretty sporty. Our crowd is known around the beach as the Miura Boys or the Miura Mafia and the Miura dealer is known as the Godfather

G

Miura , for me are the dogs bollocks ..gamer wedges , will not play with anything else &. I own a set of CB201's that are like new & play whan I am' on song'... but I game a set of Wishon 550 combos ( ex demo/ pristine) paid 150 bucks  a few years ago  & to be fair they are every bit as good as my Miuras.

If you have the ability & are a good ball striker you will notice the difference in clubs , however average guy could save a few grand & play  a good quality used set for more benefit .... but if you have the opportunity to buy this brand , you will not be disappointed

Why would anyone want to play a $2000-$2500 set of irons? I would be afraid to hit them.

I've had a set. That was an expensive mistake. The S3 combos were a much better iron.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived