TESTERS WANTED! ×

2nd Swing Tour Van Fitting - Minneapolis, Minnesota

SPY ZINGER

image2.JPG

Over the Christmas break, I had the opportunity to visit, The Tour Van at 2nd Swing in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  After taking a jook at John's experience there, I had to give it a look.  2nd Swing has two retail locations in the area and specializes in used equipment.  They also have a unique tour issue market as well.  They have an eBay store too, a site that has become pretty popular among the golf forum commities.

image1.PNG

2nd Swing has always done fittings for both new and used equipment, but recently expanded to in-depth fitting.  They expanded from their retail location in Minneapolis, and have a studio devoted to fitting.  They've employed the "GEARS" system which has been described as an MRI for your golf swing (http://gearsgolf.com/).  A unique aspect about 2nd Swing is that not only will they fit you to the latest and greatest from the OEM's but they'll also fit you into their used equipment.  They're able to do the custom builds right on site, and can get you fitted into any club you want.

image3 2.JPG

image4 2.JPG

Video2.MOV

2ns swing utilizes a universal "quick-connect" system on their fitting heads.  They basically take an existing head and modify it to their adaptors.  Using one adjustable system in their heads allows all of their shafts to fit.  That minimizes the need to have shafts for every manufacturer.

image1.JPG

image2 2.JPG

I was fit by Thomas Elsberry, Lead Clubfitter, for 2nd Swing.  I was able to hit all of the new product from 2015.  There was one club that stood out for me in terms of feel as well as forgiveness off the clubface.  The numbers supported what I was feeling as well, which really helps the psyche. 

The Callaway Golf Big Bertha Alpha 815 was the club that felt the best off the face, of all of the new offerings for the season.  It was ultimately the club I was fit for, as it produced the best numbers.  This club was a definite outlier, and was consistently the longest and most accurate of the bunch.  The combination of distance, tight despersion circles, as well as a remarkable feel off the face, the 815 was no doubt the club for me.

image2 3.JPG

image3 3.JPG

The Fitted Recommendation:

Callaway Golf Big Bertha Alpha 815

10*

Gravity Core Down

44.5"

Aldila Rouge Silver 60 Stiff (Tipped 1")

Video.MOV

I came away impressed with the Tour Van at 2nd Swing.  With the GEARS system, equipment selection, and their ability to perform tour quality builds, they're among the top clubfitters in the five state area.  Like a good physician, the fitter is an important component in the process, especially in the area of shaft knowledge.  Elsberry and his team of fitters at The Tour Van know their equipment.  Product knowledge and fitting expertise, combined with GEARS/Trackman, you'll come away confident that you're playing the best performing equipment for your game.

Posted Image

That place looks awesome! I need to be fitted there!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Was back there Friday to have some iron lofts checked - they do an absolutely amazing job!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm definitely planning on making a trip there, later this year.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Awesome read! I so badly wish I had access to a place like this around where I live! 

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Thanks guys, for those in the area, we've got a special place at our disposal. Would be cool to set up a group fitting for MGS guys!

If it wasn't a 14 hour drive I'd be there next week...

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Thanks guys, for those in the area, we've got a special place at our disposal. Would be cool to set up a group fitting for MGS guys!

That would depend on the time of year, for me. Its about a 5 hr drive from my place and winter can be iffy for scheduling. I'm definitely planning on a trip this spring!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I can vouch for 2nd swing as well, I buy a lot of my stuff from there. Great staff, who are patient and you can basically try any club you want from the last few years. They have nearly everything.

Driver - XR16 Pro 10.5 Kuro Kage Black 60-S
Fairway wood - Taylormade Aeroburner mini (16*)

Tour Edge XCG7 7-wood 21*/XR16 7 wood
Hybrid - Adams Pro Mini 23*
Irons - Mizuno EZ forged 5-GW
Wedges - Mizuno JPX 54*
Bridgestone 60*

Putter - Wilson Staff Infinite South SIde

Oh my goodness yes - this needs to happen!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If it weren't an eternity from me I would love to swing by! Oh well.

If this does happen, we need a ton of pictures and first hand accounts!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Awesome read! I so badly wish I had access to a place like this around where I live! 

If you are ever in Southeastern PA check out Club Champion.  Mr. Yenser is hands down one of the best club fitters I have ever dealt with in my life.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

How far away is the closest airport?  I am sure that I could figure out a way to make that "business" travel.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

If you are ever in Southeastern PA check out Club Champion.  Mr. Yenser is hands down one of the best club fitters I have ever dealt with in my life.

What part of PA are they in? I'm just wondering what kind of distance we are talking.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Archived