Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Updated! With Pictures. If you had $500 To Spend...

Sschaffer24

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha. That's Classic! The cart girl is an absolute must!

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Quick update...

I went for my fitting back in the first week of February, and upon walking into the store was met by a very friendly guy who ended up being my scheduled fitter for the day.

We started with a warmup session, just me putting around and getting loose. I looked around the store, found a Ketsch and was able to use that for awhile. After I was loose we started with the length. I ended up being fit into a 32" putter due to the way I stand, and ultimately narrowed the choices down to the Ping or the Edel putter. Keeping in the back of my mind I could always take my specs and pull the trigger on a Machine putter or something similar.

After going through the length fitting, we did the alignment test with the Edel system, using the Ping putter along the way.

We ended up dialing it in on the Williamette head with the S2 hosel, 32" length and a counterweight 2" down the shaft.

The fitting experience was phenomenal, and just like my Edel golf wedge fitting, the putter is truly an amazing thing from them.

The best part of this is I was able to speak with their head designer and pay a set fee to have them customize my putter. I gave them complete leeway on the stamping, finish, wording, colorways and everything. I to this day have no clue what the putter will look like! 

I was inspired by the MGS pimp list from awhile ago, and am excited to report after speaking with the designer after the putter was done he was extremely proud of what he could do for me, and let me know that the putter he made for me has been a source of inspiration for other projects around the building... So, I will be sure to update the thread with pictures galore of what I get, the unboxing, the whole nine yards.

If anyone is on the fence of checking out an Edel product, I would heartily recommend it! I've had nothing but the best experience with their fitting process, their products, and working with the company on my custom putter.

I'm excited to update hopefully by the end of the week!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Thanks guys! This week makes me remember what those last few days before Christmas were like as a kid! It's like the most heightened sense of excitement but forced patience all wrapped in one!

The fitting was definitely awesome, and I'm very excited to get this thing in my hands! I'll be updating soon! (Hopefully!) :)

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Missed this at the time - lets see that putter when it arrives!

For me though, it's a Wilson Southside and 400 bucks worth of single malt whisky! With that on board my putting woes are forgotten anyway.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Westy,

To each their own! Haha. I'm sure you way would work quite well!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

When I think of Liberty Hill, Texas it's not with Edel Golf in mind. I know LH as the site of the Willie Nelson 4th of July picnic. The year was 1975. Of course Edel didn't exist back in those ancient times. LOL

An interesting note from old PlaidJacket. Edel is headquartered in Liberty Hill, Texas. I've always wanted to stop by their place and look around. I go to Austin several times a year. Edel is located just north of and a little west of Austin. It's somewhat off my normal route but I could easily adjust my travel sometime. Anyway... back in the '75 I went to Willie's 4th of July Picnic in Liberty Hill. It was insane. I remember we had to park a couple of miles away and hike in to the site. Town folk had BBQ and beer stands setup along the way. Some of the local farmers pulled flat trailers behind a tractor or truck and offered rides. Everyone lugged their own ice chests. Once at the picnic site there must have been 100,000 people. Remember... this was 1975. Lot's of long hair, topless women, and music. If fact, there was plenty of good ole fashion nudity everywhere. Some good and some you'd like to forget. And of course a cloud of pot smoke hung over the entire event. I remember it was hot and muggy. Was I thinking about golf that day? What do you think.

Oh by the way... can't wait to see the putter.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

When I think of Liberty Hill, Texas it's not with Edel Golf in mind. I know LH as the site of the Willie Nelson 4th of July picnic. The year was 1975. Of course Edel didn't exist back in those ancient times. LOL

An interesting note from old PlaidJacket. Edel is headquartered in Liberty Hill, Texas. I've always wanted to stop by their place and look around. I go to Austin several times a year. Edel is located just north of and a little west of Austin. It's somewhat off my normal route but I could easily adjust my travel sometime. Anyway... back in the '75 I went to Willie's 4th of July Picnic in Liberty Hill. It was insane. I remember we had to park a couple of miles away and hike in to the site. Town folk had BBQ and beer stands setup along the way. Some of the local farmers pulled flat trailers behind a tractor or truck and offered rides. Everyone lugged their own ice chests. Once at the picnic site there must have been 100,000 people. Remember... this was 1975. Lot's of long hair, topless women, and music. If fact, there was plenty of good ole fashion nudity everywhere. Some good and some you'd like to forget. And of course a cloud of pot smoke hung over the entire event. I remember it was hot and muggy. Was I thinking about golf that day? What do you think.

A tribute to Willie...

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

When I think of Liberty Hill, Texas it's not with Edel Golf in mind. I know LH as the site of the Willie Nelson 4th of July picnic. The year was 1975. Of course Edel didn't exist back in those ancient times. LOL

An interesting note from old PlaidJacket. Edel is headquartered in Liberty Hill, Texas. I've always wanted to stop by their place and look around. I go to Austin several times a year. Edel is located just north of and a little west of Austin. It's somewhat off my normal route but I could easily adjust my travel sometime. Anyway... back in the '75 I went to Willie's 4th of July Picnic in Liberty Hill. It was insane. I remember we had to park a couple of miles away and hike in to the site. Town folk had BBQ and beer stands setup along the way. Some of the local farmers pulled flat trailers behind a tractor or truck and offered rides. Everyone lugged their own ice chests. Once at the picnic site there must have been 100,000 people. Remember... this was 1975. Lot's of long hair, topless women, and music. If fact, there was plenty of good ole fashion nudity everywhere. Some good and some you'd like to forget. And of course a cloud of pot smoke hung over the entire event. I remember it was hot and muggy. Was I thinking about golf that day? What do you think.

This may quote possibly be the best response I've read! Haha. I would absolutely love the opportunity to swing by the Edel golf headquarters. After seeing what they've done for MGS, playing the wedges myself, and now having this putter on its way to me, they're a company I'm pretty impressed by.

Although, you have a point. Willie might take precedence over any golf stuff we have to talk about... Haha. You have to honor a legend!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I have no idea what it cost but it looks like it's worth a million bucks and I know I will never, ever be able to afford one new so I hope that one day it comes in a 34" and a 340g head and I win the lottery or something.....

post-3711-0-81074100-1413472216_zpsslssr

post-3711-0-64629400-1413472225_zpsfbrhu

post-3711-0-98558100-1413472265_zps78iy0

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I'd be willing to work with you on a design if you truly want a one of a kind custom putter. I could do all of the 3d modeling and provide you with the model. Depending on the design, I could mill up a blank to be finished by a cnc shop, or possibly mill the entire putter. Just depends on complexity.

I did this for myself a while back and even went through usga prototype approval.

No big deal either way, just wanted to offer.

• TM M1 430 w/ Speeder 757 X

TM Jetspeed w/ Fuji X 13.5*

TM UDI w/ Recoil 120 F4 21*

TM 2011 TP MBs 4-pw X100ti

TM EF Spin 52*/ATV

TM EF Spin 58*/ATV

TM Ghost Tour Black Monte Carlo

Pro V1

Divots,

I have been looking for a year now for a class around me. Sadly I live in a more rural area, and I've never been able to find one scheduled around me to go to! I would easily spend the money on the class! And would love to learn the system!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

And wow that machine putter looks AMAZING! That can't be anywhere close to affordable... Haha.

And SnakeBit, had I known about that possibility before I went went ahead and ordered this thing, I probably would have taken you up on the offer! That would be a really amazing and memorable experience. Unfortunately I can't take you up on it as I'm waiting for the Edel putter to come any day!

Good luck on your modeling though. That would be so cool!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go guys!

Pictures of the new gamer. WOW! Am I blown away. Edel Golf sure knows what they are doing. Keep in mind I gave them absolutely no direction. Best part? Basically every design element down to the color, and even the head cover color are things I've always loved. I could not be happier!

This is a one of a kind putter, and I am thrilled with every aspect of it! :) Hope you guys agree! It was completely worth the wait!

IMG_1302.JPG IMG_1303.JPG IMG_1312.JPG IMG_1308.JPGIMG_1305.JPG IMG_1306.JPG IMG_1307.JPG  IMG_1309.JPG  IMG_1311.JPG

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dude! That thing is sick!!!! If I were to design my own, I don't think it would look much different. Beautiful flat stick! Enjoy!

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Dude! That thing is sick!!!! If I were to design my own, I don't think it would look much different. Beautiful flat stick! Enjoy!

Thank you my friend! Shannon at Edel Golf came up with this thing all on his own. I'd love to take some creative credit for this. But I literally gave him the keys to the car and told him to just drive...

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out though. Funny thing is I saw it posted on their instagram account days ago (didn't know it was mine) and thought to myself that I hoped what they came up with for me was half as decent. Ended up being mine! And I had no clue about the matte black shaft. Loving it!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Awesome! How much does the head weigh?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Dude!! Sick!! I'm blown away. That makes me want to order one right now. I really really need to look into this at some point. I'd love to just give them all creative control too.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Severtheties,

I think that's the way to get their best work honestly. Not that they couldn't do whatever you ask them. But giving these guys something they WANT to do, and are excited to get to is the way to get someones best work. My inspiration was the Pimp List. 

The best part is this is truly limited by only what your budget allows. Great guys to work with, really easy going and in my opinion top notch work!

Foz,

340g. I have a tendency to need something to quiet my hands, and with this head weight (it's the middle option for them) and a 50g counterweight 2" down the handle, it's a really smooth fit for me.

The fitting is a whole different and just as awesome story. But I'm loving the looks of this thing!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

That looks amazing, if it helps you putt even half as good as it looks you're in for a great season!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thank you Hckymeyer! And thank you everyone else! I can't wait to roll this thing!

Luckily I get to get out of the North East next week and down to Orlando for some golf! I'm so excited to roll this thing for the first time!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Excuse me while I drool a little... That thing is nice!!! Congrats on the new putter my man.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Thank you sir! I've been just sitting here looking at it in disbelief all day. Haha.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Massacre that thing looks sweet! You might have mentioned it and I missed it but with the fitting and the putter what was the final ticket price?

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

That is bada$$.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Haha thank you Jbill!

And Wills, that's actually an excellent question. I exceeded my price point (a little bit) with the final price on this beauty coming in at $550.

Here's the best part though. The standard putter from Edel golf (no pixl insert, no customization, but it has a preset number of stampings and color fills you can pick from) runs $399 on it's own. That price included the fitting. The Pixl insert is a $50 upgrade, and the customization was $100 for the "Chefs Choice". The pricing on that may vary depending on what you want. Like for example a full engraving on the head (done by hand in their shop and something they are willing to do) runs $500-$600 just for that, according to their guys.

I didn't get into the cost of different metals and so on.

But in my mind taking this thing from what a "run of the mill" Edel putter would be, to the beautiful thing it is today for only an additional $100? It's a no brainer.

Take that and consider their fitting process, which is widely regarded to be the best in the industry and consider the value? To me, it's pretty unreal.

Honestly man if you havent given these guys a shot for your next putter AND wedges. Check them out. I'm not being paid a cent to say those things, but I can tell you I went in to both fitting skeptical (the clubs are at the higher price range compared to the mass produced stuff) and came away completely blown away and honestly convinced that if you DON'T at least check what their fitting systems can do, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Think of it this way. When you picked your last putter, did head shape and how it effects your aim come into play at all? Did you try different styles of putters to see which worked best? Did you check that head shape with a different hosel? How about your wedges? Did you truly get fit for your bounce? Did you look at AoA and how that impacts the bounce of the club?

There are so many factors that just sell me on this company. Compared to what you buy off the shelf. It's pretty amazing!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Archived