Worst equipment purchase?

Our Sponsors

From childhood: Wilson Blue Ridge golf balls my dad and I bought together. What I think of whenever someone describes a ball as a "marshmallow".

As an adult: Cleveland CG14 wedges and brush tees. Never again!

• Like 1

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I own the Hammer by Jack Hamm......alcohol and an eBay password are not a good mix.  It was only $10 shipped to my house but the shame was much more.

I bought one of these mothers in a lob wedge once. Then I sold it shortly thereafter. LOL  

From a long list of dubious purchases, for me it was the Feel Golf 73* wedge.  Using a full swing to fly high, to a spot 10 feet away wasn't a particularly useful shot for me...

Posted Images

The only one was a 56 degree wedge. I don't know what it is about that degree, but still can't hit it to this day. Also bought a 54 degree wedge I hit the same distance as a 52 but needed better gaps. Ended up getting a 52 and 58 and it's really been about the best spread I can ask without gaming a 56.

Probably its the bounce. 56 deg wedges are usually designed to be a sand wedge with rather substantial bounce. Unless you are hitting it off very fluffy lie or soft sand, you just may not like it very much.

I'm just guessing.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha. All looks, 0 performance.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

An Alien 3 square shaped 3 wood. The shaft snapped in half on the 3rd swing. lol

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

I bought a new Cleveland Classic. Was supposed to be low spin. I think it was actually no spin. I couldn't get it more than 20 feet high.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Years ago when I first really started "getting into" golf again in my 20's, I thought I needed gadgets. I am ashamed to admit to purchasing one of those "Check-Go" golf ball spinners that was supposed to identify the heavy side of the ball and it equator.

It did one thing very well: make a sharpie marker mess out of a ball.

Right now, its still tied with the Adams LS hybrids as my WORST purchase EVER.

• Like 1

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Cleveland cg15 wedges weren't good for me, loved my cg10's as well.......

Howson Hippo driver.....

Beautiful though they were my Mizuno bell 3 irons, not a good fit for my game!

Every time I look at this thread more come to mind, that's a bad sign isn't it.

• Like 1

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I own the Hammer by Jack Hamm......alcohol and an eBay password are not a good mix.  It was only $10 shipped to my house but the shame was much more.

Gotta disagree. In 2007 At the region 4 Remax LD qualifier in Ohio I hit 327 (old super senior division) with a SuperPro, the USGA legal Hammer driver head. Those clubs do perform, you just have to give them a chance!

When I first started golfing I though the chipping irons were an amazing idea. All i ever did was blade it with those clubs!

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Years ago when I first really started "getting into" golf again in my 20's, I thought I needed gadgets. I am ashamed to admit to purchasing one of those "Check-Go" golf ball spinners that was supposed to identify the heavy side of the ball and it equator.

Right now, its still tied with the Adams LS hybrids as my WORST purchase EVER.

I owned one of those too!   They did work on Balata balls in the old days, but with modern solid core balls not at all.  Balata weren't perfectly symetrical in their weight distribution so the balls would return to the same axis of rotation that favored the imbalance every time, but once the era of the symetrical ProV arrived, it was game over for the Check N Go.

• Like 1

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have any except for the clubs that I bought and then realized that either they sucked or I sucked, and they were the clubs that pointed me in the right direction, so even though they may have been bad purchases, they pointed me to you, or I mean to my current bag.

Worst purchase, luckily it was a demo purchase, but it was the R1, worst driver ever

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

For me, I have to say the Wilson Staff spine driver. Man, that thing sounded like I was hitting a softball lol. Other than that, the Cobra ZL driver. It was good for one season and the next I lost at least 50 yards off the tee. It's like the head went dead. A bionik putter I had custom made. I like soft milled putters and that thing was very harsh feeling.

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

I have spent a lot of money and effort trying to find the perfect fairway metals and hybrids. It turns out that Titleist 980F's are some of the longest and most accurate I have ever hit. I just had to learn to make good swings with them and they will take care of the rest.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

The Callaway C4 driver!! Absolutely the worst driver ever. Next is a 2-ball belly putter I bought it an tried it in my club championship in the first round I had 6 3-putts shot 81 then switched back the next day shot 70 and lost by 1 shot

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I had one of these as well.....you are so correct. my balls had so many lines on them that I was embarassed to use them......I did not list it because I got it for free.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I had one of these as well.....you are so correct. my balls had so many lines on them that I was embarassed to use them......I did not list it because I got it for free.

It was funny...I was able to sell the dang thing on Ebay and almost got my money back on it. I wish clubs had as good a resale value these days! LOL!

They reminded my of the school fair as a kid. They'd have those paint splatter paintings you could make dropping paint on a rotating piece of cardboard. Same effect. ha!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.