SNEAK PEAK! New Hogan Irons Seen Here FIRST!

Our Sponsors

I believe the starting price is $149 a club in steel.   Doesn't it say that in your preview letters?

Shaft choices are the same as in Scors, I believe.

The best thing about the "sell by degrees" is no more arguments over jacked lofts!  Your loft is your loft.  I'm aiming for a 23, 27, 31, 35 myself.   I think I'll keep my SB 3 and 4 and my Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that I've seen these I'm still not excited about them...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the blade on blade look and the angular protruding muscle. I'll take the Scor look over that any day. It could grow on me I guess. It's just preference. I could

Ahem... taking a deep, mock-humble bow and failing to resist the urge to say ITYS....     I'd love to have you all believe I had penetrated the vault at Hogan, but I had NO advance insight or int

Posted Images

PerimeterWeighting_3Clubs.png

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I believe the starting price is $149 a club in steel.   Doesn't it say that in your preview letters?

Shaft choices are the same as in Scors, I believe.

The best thing about the "sell by degrees" is no more arguments over jacked lofts!  You loft is your loft.  I'm aiming for a 23, 27, 31, 35 myself.   I think I'll keep my SB 3 and 4 and my Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58.

OK, we need to somehow combine these Hogan threads or decide on which one to use.  Too many to keep track of.

I like the Fort Worth irons, but I am glad I have the SCORs vs. the TK wedges.

Since I only need 5-8, buying each club is not bad, but maybe someone could ask if us SCOR guys will get a break on the starting price.

"Shaft choices are the same as in the Scors, I believe."  I hope.  Will they be the same UST shaft with the same Genius marking or will they be marked as "Ben Hogan?"

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Website shows KBS Tour and Tour Lite, plus the Recoil.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Website shows KBS Tour and Tour Lite, plus the Recoil.

Which is basically "Genius 12" and "Genius 10"   KBS 110 and 90 respectively, plus the recoil.   I hit the 90's in my 40 & 45, the 110's in the rest and will get 90's in the 5-8 in order to get them up.

Yah, we do need the mod's to merge the 3 separate threads.

Price hasn't been in any of the emails I've received. Although $150 per club makes sense. You would think there would be some type of discount at some point through either MGS or being a SCOR owner which is why I'm hesitant to pay full price for them. I played some frozen golf again this morning and the more I play the S55s the more I like them. Decisions, decisions.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

The Recoil is a nice shaft.  Wonder which model they are using.  Does the Hogan iron  have the tapered hosel or is it the .370?

I was told by SCOR last fall that their Genius 9 graphite shaft closest resembled the UST ProForce RV2 95, but I just went to the UST website and the RV2 95 is gone.  The RV2 75 is still there.  Makes me think they discontinued the 95 with the Hogans going with the Recoil.  But most Recoils are tapered, so likely the Hogans are also tapered.  Lots of Recoil models.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Price hasn't been in any of the emails I've received. Although $150 per club makes sense. You would think there would be some type of discount at some point through either MGS or being a SCOR owner which is why I'm hesitant to pay full price for them. I played some frozen golf again this morning and the more I play the S55s the more I like them. Decisions, decisions.

Just wait for your insider offer to see how far the $500 will stretch.   At least 4 clubs worth I'm guessing.   If you don't want yours, I'll buy you out.   I've seen enough to kick myself for not putting my $500 down.

We'll have to see what happens next. It would be cool if they had the HoganFit or something opened up for us.

Also Mark, if I'm not mistaken, I think you can still put the deposit down through the SCOR website. It should come up if you still have the first email they sent out about the reservations.

Also Mark, if I'm not mistaken, I think you can still put the deposit down through the SCOR website. It should come up if you still have the first email they sent out about the reservations.

I will go see, but would I get the pre-peek discount?  I doubt it.   Clubs don't arrive till April anyway.  I'm only buying 4 clubs tops.

Not much reaction aside from the lofts on the soles. Hogans had iron #'s on the bottom, didn't they?

I don't see these doing well. Just not much there to react to in order to drive sales in a really crowded market.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Put iron numbers and not lofts. It's already slow enough without people trying to figure out what's what

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Whirlwind day - got some info from the Hogan folks - $149/club with steel shafts, $169 with graphite (I think). They will have options - like if you want a c-taper for something else.

They want to work through pros and fitters, so they won't be in your typical retailer. They'll have fitting carts, but no local stock - be like Ping - you order, they build em and send me to you. Looking at early April for availability.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Sorry, but I don't see this model doing well honestly. The boutique model of them not having them readily available for people to try isn't going to do well. Wedges, okay. Driver. Okay. Putter, yeah they work. But you want me to drop the coin on a full set without ever seeing or touching them? Nah, they need to at least get these at green grass places and offer on course demos. Just one man's opine though

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The design doesn't wow me.  I haven't read what the design is supposed to do.  Whether actual or marketing.  Also i don't know how I feel about the lofts on the bottoms instead of numbers.  I get matching the exact lofts that people say but what if their fitting system is off and you do have to bend the irons.  Also people could need the irons bent if their game changes.   Whether it is the lie or loft.  I would still hit them like everything else at the demo day.

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

The more photos I see (and there are many more on other sites) the less "angular" they look.   The muscles shift from club to club, but I doubt the muscles shift with EVERY degree of loft like they do in Scors.   If they do, then you truly do have 44 clubs, not just 10 which shift in 4 degree chunks.

Hey can somebody get a good photo of the backs of two clubs that are only one degree apart in loft so we can see if they change the muscles or not?

NEVERMIND -- I just saw on the website that they change only every 4 degrees for 11 different clubhead shapes.

Hey can somebody get a good photo of the backs of two clubs that are only one degree apart in loft so we can see if they change the muscles or not?

NEVERMIND -- I just saw on the website that they change only every 4 degrees for 11 different clubhead shapes.

So at what degrees do the muscles change?  If I get 3-4 clubs, 4 degree differences, each would be a different shape?