Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2015 PGA Show Most Innovative Concept

Aotearoa_Brad

tour-view-golf-aid_t620.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. – Tour View, a simple but effective training aid, won the Most Innovative Concept Award at the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show. There is a story here.

The $29.99 device was created by Mike Jones, the son of a golf professional. I always pay attention to the children of golf pros, because so many of them have spent a lifetime contemplating the mysteries and joys of the game. Jones, like his father, Gene Jones, Sr., became a teaching professional.

Developed through many teaching sessions, Tour View allows any golfer to see and feel what it means to keep the head stable.

I know what you're thinking: "Not another one of those steady-Eddie training aids that looks like a bent coat hanger. You want to keep your head still? Just hit balls on the range when the sun is right, keeping your shadow in the same spot."

tour-view_tx600.jpg

This invention (www.tourviewgolf.com) is better than that. It can be used on either the range or the course (for practice, not competition). It contains no dark lenses to obscure vision. It provides immediate and accurate feedback.

Tour View, with a vision circle for each eye, looks like a pair of goggles. It is made of polycarbonate and is virtually indestructible. It attaches to the bill of a cap and is adjusted by the golfer until the two circles are transformed visually into one large circle. This phenomenon is called stereo vision.

With the ball positioned precisely in the middle of the circle, the idea is to eliminate movement by keeping the ball in that exact spot.

"It keeps your eyes focused on the ball," Jones said. "All the great players stay stable. I believe we are on the verge of creating the best ballstrikers we've ever seen."

Said teaching professional Denny Alberts, a protege of Mac O'Grady: "You can take all my training devices, just don't take my Tour View."

A second Tour View device, based on the same visual principle, allows golfers to check body and eye alignment while putting or hitting full shots.

"We're talking about fundamentals here. They apply to everyone," Jones said.

For the record, the Jones family owns an extensive golf pedigree. Three Jones brothers (including Gene Sr.) were golf professionals, and the three sons of Gene Sr. (Gene Jr., Mike and Mark) also became golf pros.

Now one of the Jones boys can add a word to his career capsule: inventor.

--------------------

This is a great idea, and is actually something I could see using ... at least for a little while...

your thoughts? Would you use this on the range?

Missed this one -- there's so much to see at the show, and so little time!  Wouldn't mind giving it a try - I struggle with the "sways" so much that I wouldn't mind looking silly for a while on the range.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I definitely could have used this last year when I struggled with a bad sway. I've gotten it under control for the most part but this would have been a huge help.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Is he the son of Gene "The Machine" Jones of mini tour and champions tour fame? Looks like a good idea honestly don't know if it would work for me though

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I can't stop picturing this every time I look at this training aid...

tin cup.jpg

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If I find myself wearing one, I'll know its time to quit the game. At least it has purpose? LOL!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

This device seems like it would enable you to work on minimizing horizontal head movement (swaying). My problem has always been vertical head movement, leading to inconsistent club face contact height, particularly with irons. I wonder if there is an equivalent and effective training aid for that problem.

Jon Silverberg

BatCaddy electric pushcart with 36 hole capable lead-acid battery, holding a 2015 Titleist 14-way stand bag, customized with my club's logo (Nassau Players Club), containing:

TaylorMade 10.5 degree SIM Max Driver (set 2 clicks down), with 47.5" A Flex Fujikura Ventus Red 5 shaft 

Cobra F6 3-4W (set to 16 degrees), with 47.5" R flex Aldila ATX65 shaft

Cobra King F8 4-5 wood (set to 19 degrees), 3 and 4 hybrids, all R flex

TaylorMade Jetspeed 6 Hybrid, R flex

Cleveland Launcher HB 7-S irons, R flex (+1.5")

Cleveland RTX 3.0CB 60 degree wedge (+1")

Evnroll ER-3 putter, 35" (Gravity grip)

This device seems like it would enable you to work on minimizing horizontal head movement (swaying). My problem has always been vertical head movement, leading to inconsistent club face contact height, particularly with irons. I wonder if there is an equivalent and effective training aid for that problem.

Whatever that device looks like, it probably connects to the crotch of your pants. Eeek!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Archived