Mr_Theoo

Watch or no watch?

Our Sponsors

While I think watches look very cool I am not a watch wearer. The main reason being I have a cell phone always on me so I have zero need for it.

Are you a watch wearer or not? And what is your favorite watch?

• Like 1

I am a watch guy and right now my favorite is a Tag Heuer Aquaracer that I got a few months ago.

I used to be, but since my shattered left wrist 15 years ago, I seldom wear anything on my left wrist......so now I game a Nike Fuel on my right wrist.....and it functions for a watch.

My drawer still holds several Seikos, a Raymond Weil and a couple gimick watches(U of KY watch etc.).....they all need batteries.

Never have been, was very excited once the cell phone came about and I could do time that way.  Loved the GPS feature of the watch but couldn't get used to it and had to abandon it for play.

Not a watch person!

I wear a watch every day, stainless Seiko Sports 150 I bought in San Francisco in 1997. I don't, however, wear it when I play. Keys, wallet and watch go into the valuables pocket of my bag. 

Used to wear one everyday to work. My insulin pump has a clock on it, so I always have the time.

I like the watch though and wear it when I do get a little more dressed up. Seiko Kinetic all titanium. Very light.

Just have to shake it a few times to get it going and set the time if I haven't worn it for a long time.

I try to take as few things to be potentially stolen to the course with me as possible, so the watch stays home.

I'm a watch geek! Right now its Invicta, Bullova, Tag and Wegner Swiss Army. Can't beat the Invicta's for the money though. I'm a big fan of the Russian Divers. But, way to big and heavy to wear while playing!

Definitely a watch person. I only own two watches currently, both are quartz, but I would like to own a very nice mechanical watch one day. There are a too many that I like, Ball, Hamilton, IWC, Omega, Sinn and much more. I realize I could use a cell phone to look up time but there are many more reasons as to why I like watches, they are mechanical art. There are some nice quartz watches as well such as Swiss Army. 

Nope. I wear no jewelry of any kind. I used to carry a pocket watch for years, but since I have a cell phone on me at all times, it's not necessary.

I used a pocket watch when I was in school to put on the desk when taking tests. Since school, I have only had two watches; Seiko and a G-Shock, both are in the dresser needing batteries. Went to the cell phone about 5 years ago, and haven't looked back. Watches and jewelry get in the way of golf.

So... thinking about it, I have had the same number of watches as I have had putters. 3 Amazing huh?

• Like 1

I never wear a watch when I play, but generally wear one off the course.  I only have two, one for everyday my daughter gave me years ago and my Dad's Bulova I wear for special occasions.

• Like 1

Bought a watch when I graduated middle school. Wore it for a year or two but between batteries dying and my wrist becoming tree limb sized didn't wear one for a while.

Bought another watch last year but it fell apart on me within months, and just ordered a new one for cheap off Amazon two days ago.

I tend to wear one.  I stick with the Timex Weekender.  Classic, lightweight, and stylish.  Plus, you don't look like a dweeb when you pull your phone out to check the time.

I'm for sure a watch guy. Love my Citizen watches. Have a few cheaper Fossil watches too. However, I don't wear while playing. Watch, keys, and wallet all go into my bag. 

I used to never be a watch guy until a couple years ago.  Im a watch wearer now though and I like it.  No other reason just because I like the way it feels.  I dont have an expensive watch, just a cheapie $50 Casio G-Shock from Target.  Id love to have a nice Seiko or Citizen but right now spending money on other, more practical things take a higher priority.

On the golf course you can tell it's time to quit when the sun starts going down.  Getting up in the middle of the night to pee is the only time I HAVE to know what time it is.  

A throwback Friday thread!

I have a new watch arriving on Monday (if FedEx behaves properly). It's a Fossil hybrid watch: it has real hands, but the face of the watch is also an e-ink display, so it can show notifications.

This thread was started five years ago: presumably, the ubiquity of smart phones has made watch-wearing even less common. So how about it: how many of you are watch-wearers?

And though this thread isn't specifically about golf, thinking about watches made me recall this post from Andrew Rice on the effect of wearing a watch on the course: https://www.andrewricegolf.com/andrew-rice-golf/2012/09/when-you-play-watch-or-no-watch. This test showed a noticeable effect on swing speed. I tweeted to him today asking if he's ever tried replicating that effect.

• Like 4

I have a Fitbit I wear on a daily basis but my nicer Tissot watch hardly ever gets worn anymore. Unfortunately a watch that only shows the date/time seems pretty lacking these days.

For golf I’d much rather have an Arccos Link than mess with a watch like the Shot Scope. Maybe the smaller V3 will change that but I’m just not much of a watch while golfing person.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2