Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What's up from BombTech Golf

Hey MGS,

I likely should have been on this forum long ago. But anyways, I am here now and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sully, owner of BombTech golf.

I just wanted to make myself available if you had any questions regarding our design, product or whatever!

I look forward to talking with you soon. 

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

Welcome Sully! I am about to go check out your website! 

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Welcome to the forum Sully! - exciting to see you guys expanding your horizons with the wedges etc. Looking forward to how the driver goes in the testing being done at the moment.

Brad

Thanks Brad! I honestly never thought we would go from one driver to fairway woods, hybrids, a putter and now wedges. But I asked customers what they want and that's what they said..Who knows best right? 

Yes I'm looking forward to the test as well. 

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

Welcome Sully - please stick around some - good luck on the driver test!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome Sully - please stick around some - good luck on the driver test!

Thanks! As long as the testers hit the ball we should do well! Sometimes that's tough for all of us. Talk soon.

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

Welcome to the Forums Sully -- how are you making out in this year's storm of the century?  Haven't heard how Vermont is doing...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome to the Forums Sully -- how are you making out in this year's storm of the century?  Haven't heard how Vermont is doing...

Thanks. It missed us. Only 5 inches so far. But Boston area about 3 hours from us got 3 feet!  

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

It was pretty cool I logged onto the sight and was greeted by Sully himself. BTW Sully if you're in Vermont I have a good friend who's a member at Vermont National.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Welcome Sully, great to see you expanding your lineup and looking forward to seeing the results on the test!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Sully - if you check in can you give us a bit more detail on the SLDR vs. Bomb Tech video - what was the head shaft combo on each club and were either fitted to the fellow hitting the shots?  He has a great swing btw.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It was pretty cool I logged onto the sight and was greeted by Sully himself. BTW Sully if you're in Vermont I have a good friend who's a member at Vermont National.

Nice! Small world. I did a demo day there last year and I hope to do a few more this Spring and summer and hopefully have time to play the course. Too busy building Grenades...clubs that is..

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

Sully - if you check in can you give us a bit more detail on the SLDR vs. Bomb Tech video - what was the head shaft combo on each club and were either fitted to the fellow hitting the shots?  He has a great swing btw.

Great questions. 

The video was done by Jeremy, he works at Ernest Sports. Which is the company that made the launch monitor used in the video.  We were talking and he was doing his own personal testing and got great results with the Grenade, so I asked if he would shoot a video.  

As you can see, he is a nasty golfer. 1 Handicap and a consistent swing.  The SLDR used was his own custom set up with a Matrix RUL 60 shaft, Stiff flex at 45.5 inches set to 12*.  He was testing our Grenade 10.5 Stiff flex at 45.5 inches. So the loft is clearly less more the the SLDR, but a 12* SLDR likely launches similar to our 10.5.

The video was to show head to head with his current custom driver.  The numbers are low for both clubs because he was using range balls. 

Does that make sense? 

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

Thanks and yes across the board - I play the SLDR and it launches very low so you need a higher loft - I'd love to know what his launch angle and spin rates were for both drivers - I'm assuming the distances given were total distance - that would mean he had less spin with the Grenade - it would be very tough to get a carry distance of 280 with a ball speed of 155.

Of course I would love a ball speed of 155 and a carry distance of 230 would be fine. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks and yes across the board - I play the SLDR and it launches very low so you need a higher loft - I'd love to know what his launch angle and spin rates were for both drivers - I'm assuming the distances given were total distance - that would mean he had less spin with the Grenade - it would be very tough to get a carry distance of 280 with a ball speed of 155.

Of course I would love a ball speed of 155 and a carry distance of 230 would be fine. :)

Yes it was on the ES14 launch monitor system.  So it was total distance, but ball speeds and total should be higher but limited flight range balls do what they say...limit flight. So both the Taylormade and Grenade should be longer and have higher ball speeds.  

Pull the pin!

Tyler "Sully" Sullivan
BombTech Golf Owner
Direct (802) 448-2094
www.bombtechgolf.com

Archived