Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Tiger gets heckled - by a 7-year old

Addicted2Golf

I laughed when I read this...

"He has received warm receptions, though the praise is not universal. One woman in Charlotte, N.C., gave a thumbs-down when Woods walked by on his way to the tee. The low point might have come Saturday, when a young boy with an autograph from Phil Mickelson yelled out to Woods, “Tiger, say so long to No. 1. Kiss it goodbye.”

Mickelson, who could have replaced Woods at No. 1 with a victory Sunday, was standing only a few feet away.

“He got heckled by a 7-year-old,” Goydos said with wonder. “That's brutal. He's got to get used to that. He's got a lot on his head and the game is hard. And it's hard for everybody. He made it look so easy, so when he's not making it look easy, we wonder what's wrong. He's going through a tough patch. If he has 80 percent of the people completely idolizing him, that's still a big drop."

Full Article: New Tiger looks nothing like the old one

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

When I think about a 7 year old being a heckler, I get this image of him sitting with his father, you know the type, three day beard, wrinkled camouflage shorts, hat on backwards, beer in hand yelling "get in the hole" at the tee on a par five. The kind of father and son team to be proud of. They only came out to the golf tournament because the world cage fighting tour was in town last week.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

I'm not crazy about a 7 year old heckler either but it seems to me Sawgrass was full of drunken college-age punks, male and female, there for the only purpose of getting shyt-faced and screaming and hollering. The scene on 17 was embarrassing.

Semper Fi

My Club

I guess he is going to have to get used to it well not from 7 year olds that's a little much but he needs to get used to it. He got away with him and his caddie calling everyone down and not having anyone do anything a year ago but now everyone is waiting to give him a little heckle or two.

EB

I think Tiger must know that he made this bed and now he must sleep in it. Must be a very bleak outlook knowing you are faced with a lifetime of verbal abuse everytime you tee it. There is a small part of me that feels sorry for him but the larger part of me thinks it is all pretty funny given his history of how he treated others, including the fans. I was never really a huge fan in the first place so his fall really has no effect on me, but to be heckled by a 7 year old, that has to hurt.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

I think Tiger must know that he made this bed and now he must sleep in it. Must be a very bleak outlook knowing you are faced with a lifetime of verbal abuse everytime you tee it. There is a small part of me that feels sorry for him but the larger part of me thinks it is all pretty funny given his history of how he treated others, including the fans. I was never really a huge fan in the first place so his fall really has no effect on me, but to be heckled by a 7 year old, that has to hurt.

Well said!

Semper Fi

My Club

Gotta love whats happening in the great game of golf. NOT! If we think that this is the road we want this sport to take then it won't be long before this is the WWF. The same parent that took this child to a game is the same as all the others that sit on their high horse of Morality then teach their 7 year olds to act like a ..... (well you fill in the blank) VERY SAD! What Tiger did was wrong but I think raising our future golfers or fans to act like this 7 year old is utterly sad!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

When I think about a 7 year old being a heckler, I get this image of him sitting with his father, you know the type, three day beard, wrinkled camouflage shorts, hat on backwards, beer in hand yelling "get in the hole" at the tee on a par five. The kind of father and son team to be proud of. They only came out to the golf tournament because the world cage fighting tour was in town last week.

You juat described me on the tee last weekend in the final of the club champs.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Archived