Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Conclusions we jump to

Zeasy

I play mostly by myself and have learned not to make any early assumptions. I take a wait and see attitude. I've learned you have to play with the group your with for a few holes before you get to know them. I've seen the quiet guy go nuts and start throwing clubs after a few bad hits and the loud mouth laugh off his mishits and just have fun. You just never know but, overall I've had a lot more fun with the many golfers I've met than not.

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pulled a Hot Deal at 7:00am for an 11:00 am start on a very nice course I had wanted to play for some time. Told I would be going with a twosome when I checked in at the clubhouse. Hit the range and putting green for a bit. I didn't see anyone else, so at 10:55, I started towards the first tee.

I got there and took a few swings for just a second giving the other two a second to show up. At 11:01, I went ahead and teed off. (Sliced just to the right edge of the fairway in case you were on the edge of your seat).

As I headed down to my cart I see coming down from the clubhouse in a cart running as fast as possible, two young men who might have been 18 or 19. Dressed in surf shorts, very well worn Polo shirts, and caps with bills worn promptly to the side.

"Oh crap. Young punks with no respect or manners." I have played with such kids before and was not looking for this to be any different. I try my hardest to extend every courtesy and follow every protocol while on the course.

The young men jumped out and apologized for being late in manners that would make a prep school headmaster proud. For the entire round, I was constantly amazed at how mature these young men were. We would crack jokes between holes and chat. They lived right off the course and actually gave me several tips on certain holes.

I had been playing six months and believe that the advice from these guys were what allowed me to break 100 for the first time.

So I guess the bottom line is I will not hold youth against people just because they dress young.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Pulled a Hot Deal at 7:00am for an 11:00 am start on a very nice course I had wanted to play for some time. Told I would be going with a twosome when I checked in at the clubhouse. Hit the range and putting green for a bit. I didn't see anyone else, so at 10:55, I started towards the first tee.

I got there and took a few swings for just a second giving the other two a second to show up. At 11:01, I went ahead and teed off. (Sliced just to the right edge of the fairway in case you were on the edge of your seat).

As I headed down to my cart I see coming down from the clubhouse in a cart running as fast as possible, two young men who might have been 18 or 19. Dressed in surf shorts, very well worn Polo shirts, and caps with bills worn promptly to the side.

"Oh crap. Young punks with no respect or manners." I have played with such kids before and was not looking for this to be any different. I try my hardest to extend every courtesy and follow every protocol while on the course.

The young men jumped out and apologized for being late in manners that would make a prep school headmaster proud. For the entire round, I was constantly amazed at how mature these young men were. We would crack jokes between holes and chat. They lived right off the course and actually gave me several tips on certain holes.

I had been playing six months and believe that the advice from these guys were what allowed me to break 100 for the first time.

So I guess the bottom line is I will not hold youth against people just because they dress young.

I've played with several people like that. They show up late, but end up being really nice and actually decent people. I don't really judge people on how late they are, because I know what it's like to run late.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

What assumptions do you make when you see someone, (for me, usually on the range) rocking a bagful of the same SGI range. The last I saw was a bagful of Ping K15's. They all looked really shiny and well looked after...or unused.

I can't deny that I made huge assumptions.

What assumptions do you make when you see someone, (for me, usually on the range) rocking a bagful of the same SGI range. The last I saw was a bagful of Ping K15's. They all looked really shiny and well looked after...or unused.

I can't deny that I made huge assumptions.

The best junior golfer I know.  He is my age, and he is a scratch golfer.  He uses g 20 irons=, and I've seen him shoot 4 under with those, so I have learned not to judge.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Archived