TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Confessionals

Zeasy

golf-confessional.jpg

Golf Confessionals (What do you confess about your game?)

My recent purchase of game golf and our hotly debated tee thread has me thoroughly inspecting my game and my ego. Pre game golf, I thought I was a bomber who sniffed 300 regularly and only needed to work on my iron game to improve.

My average drive is about 260, not 290. Whoops! I'm already getting results from intense gym visits and some polishing of the swing. Hopefully, this kicks up even more before summer.

Well, there is my first confession. I'm Zeasy, I'm a former forum phenom and I am not as long as I think I am.

What's your golf confession?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Oh boy this could go on and on and on and on, for me anyways. I won't bore you with mine :-)

Titleist AP1 irons

Titleist 913D 7.5 Degree, Stiff Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 Shaft

Wedges: Taylormade 60 d Titleist Vokey 54,56,58

Seemore Mallet Putter

Right Handed

Apple Valley, MN

8 Handicap

10885218_10205856139265562_6140026354236

I'm Bones and I know I'm not as good as I think I am. I'm also not as long as you think I am, it just looks that way, because I'm so short. I want to be good though, so I practice a lot.

I've seen you smoke Howitzer R1's with 30* of launch 300. You can bomb it.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I'm a range rat. I bought a range membership in October. $300 for unlimited balls for a year. I think I got my money's worth already. I hit about 500 balls a day three-four times a week (weather permitting) just because I love to hit golf balls and practice and I refuse to fail to accomplish my goals for this year.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I am mnfats95 and after breaking par for the first time in my life on 18 holes this year I have no idea what I'm going to do to improve and I don't have anything resembling a plan to do so.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Since Bones mentioned it, my other confession is that I'm 5'8" on a good day.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'm markb and I admit that no matter what I do or how many clubs and shafts I try, at 56 it's all downhill from here.   But on that slope to geezerdom a few eagles will be made and who knows, maybe an ace or two.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Hi, I'm John and I can't chip worth a damn under pressure. Skulls, fat, you name it.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

My recent purchase of game golf and our hotly debated tee thread has me thoroughly inspecting my game and my ego. Pre game golf, I thought I was a bomber who sniffed 300 regularly and only needed to work on my iron game to improve.

My average drive is about 260, not 290. Whoops! I'm already getting results from intense gym visits and some polishing of the swing. Hopefully, this kicks up even more before summer.

Well, there is my first confession. I'm Zeasy, I'm a former forum phenom and I am not as long as I think I am.

I've found that a lot of people don't really know their distance. People are amazed when I say I hit 250-260 but, "you score well and looks like you bomb it" ..... I find it funny what people call a bomb.

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm

I've found that a lot of people don't really know their distance. People are amazed when I say I hit 250-260 but, "you score well and looks like you bomb it" ..... I find it funny what people call a bomb.

I play with a guy who hits a wussy looking fade off the tee that never really climbs above 50 feet or so. I'm a big hitter albeit an inconsistent one. Somehow I only end up 10 yards past him most times. This annoys me to no end.

Also, I hit my 7 iron 190 once in a launch monitor. So of course I hit my 7 iron 190. Except I never hit my 7 iron 190.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Two years ago this would have been mine:

Playing a flop makes me look like a bada$$.... Until it comes up 3 yards short of the green. Pulling the 60* out of my bag has saved me soooo many strokes over the last year.

golf-confessional.jpg

Golf Confessionals (What do you confess about your game?)

I swear this looks different than it did when I posted it.

Same here, only play a flop when absolutely necessary.

Heh. Friend showed me how to hit a flop when I first started playing. Didn't even know bump and run or a hinge and hold was a thing for a couple years. Never watched the game on TV and only played with family. So all I hit were short flop shots and long flop shots.

Live and learn.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

I don't keep a handicap. I don't even keep score if I'm playing by myself.  I actually enjoy playing, mishits and all.

I don't care whatever handicap you are. I'm going to beat you no matter where you want to shoot the tees from. It'll only make me better when there's competition.

I also hit into groups if they take way too long. Don't need 4 practice swings and you don't need to visualize the damn shot while you're standing over the ball. Should of done that while you were driving/walking to your ball. 

Just hit it!!

Ping G25 9*

Callaway XHot 3 Wood

Ping i20 4-PW

Vokey 52* 56* 60*

Odyssey Versa #7

I also hit into groups if they take way too long. 

I only keep a handicap to see if I improve and qualify to sub in a couple of leagues, when playing alone I seldom keep score.  I really don't know the "rules of golf" nearly as well as I should.

I have far more enthusiasm than talent, but that's enough to keep me playing.  I don't understand why people quit golf as they get older and less competitive, and wonder if they ever really enjoyed the game for its own sake.

Oh, and I carry a pistol in my golf bag to return fire at people that hit golf balls into my group ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I also hit into groups if they take way too long. Don't need 4 practice swings and you don't need to visualize the damn shot while you're standing over the ball. Should of done that while you were driving/walking to your ball. 

That works until you seriously injure someone. You won't have to worry about it anymore because you won't be able to afford to play.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Oh, and I carry a pistol in my golf bag to return fire at people that hit golf balls into my group ;)

Yes!!!! My .380..... The fifteenth club! 

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Yea, if that happens to me (which I don't take practice swings or visualize the ball) I take out my 3 wood or 3 iron and rifle it back at them. Depending on the situation.

Yea, if that happens to me (which I don't take practice swings or visualize the ball) I take out my 3 wood or 3 iron and rifle it back at them. Depending on the situation.

I would totally do this too, but I feel like the message would be lost when I sliced it deep into the trees.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5

Tv: senior tour and lpga golf do absolutely nothing for me.

Lets see...... I used to think I drove the ball around 280. I then realized my home course had most of the yardages wrong on the tees. I average about 240-250 yds. At 55, I'll take it!

I am a terrible putter! If I could putt, I could shoot in the 70's more than twice a season.

I have no idea what my handicap is. I usually shoot 80-84 most of the time. A couple of times a season I will get in the 70's. Can anyone give me a 'roundabout as to my handicap?

Lets see...... I used to think I drove the ball around 280. I then realized my home course had most of the yardages wrong on the tees. I average about 240-250 yds. At 55, I'll take it!

I am a terrible putter! If I could putt, I could shoot in the 70's more than twice a season.

I have no idea what my handicap is. I usually shoot 80-84 most of the time. A couple of times a season I will get in the 70's. Can anyone give me a 'roundabout as to my handicap?

8-11?

I, mr_divots, am a horrible bunker player. I avoid them pretty well. I'm surprised when I hit a good one. LOL!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I try not to add up my score until I hole out on 18. If you want to mess with me, tell me my score. ha!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Thanks! I think 8 is being generous. Probably 11 is more like it...lol.

If we are playing for money: 8

If you and I are playing as a team: 11

Cheers!

Depends on the slope for the course you play, could be anywhere from 6- 12

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived