Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf Confessionals

Zeasy

Once tried getting into a lower flight by posting a score I never put in the system because it was so bad and I stopped truly counting. Still was in the better flight by .1 handicap index.

hate playing with golfers that duff the ball. Takes me out of rhythm.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I carry my 7-iron 135 yards, on average. I am always the shortest hitter in any male group I play in, generally I shoot the lowest number.

I've spent 3 years of lessons trying to perfect my long-game swing. I've probably spent a total of 10 hours working on my short-game in that time. (Though I practice putting almost daily. It can be done indoors, why not?)

If I had children of my own, I'd be putting a golf club in their hands just after the birth. I'd have a cigar in one hand and a childs putter in the other, ready to hand it over and start ingraining proper technique:) (Isn't that how you grow your own Tiger/Rory?)

This season I want to break 80 more than once, I have no plan on how to achieve this beyond more of the same practice routine.

If I had ready access to a launch monitor I'd find myself using it, eventually, to fit myself for glove, shoes and tees. I'm a golf-nerd who doesn't know when to stop.

If I had children of my own, I'd be putting a golf club in their hands just after the birth. I'd have a cigar in one hand and a childs putter in the other, ready to hand it over and start ingraining proper technique:) (Isn't that how you grow your own Tiger/Rory?)

I'd wait a few years before handing over that cigar.   :lol:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tv: senior tour and lpga golf do absolutely nothing for me.

Totally agree. Except when Michelle Wie plays well for some reason.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I confess that I do not practice near enough. I also confess that I'm an idiot who prefers to hit the cool shot that makes me look like a "player" than the smart one. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it screws me.

A prime example is the soul sucking 86 filled with bad decisions this passed Sunday. Saterday, one day earlier, I shot 68 and had it all "figured out."

Totally agree. Except when Michelle Wie plays well for some reason.

+1

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I'm Revkev and I actually get paid to hear people's confessions for a living. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I learned slowly to get over my ego after aging. I am straighter than ever I think that is due to age finally slowing down my fast hands. But I am shorter but everyone says I am long for my age. I hit the driver about 250 at sea level now with roll out. I don't practice enough to be as good as I once was but have learned to accept it and plod along. But with age comes wisdom and my course management skills have improved. I putt ok and have to remind myself that I don't practice putting 2 or 3 hours everyday like I used to. But I put it in perspective I am physically able to play whenever I can and that says a lot. I know folks my age and a little older that are not able to play for health reasons. So now I am thankful for every day that I am able to get out and play and my screw up don't bother me that much any more

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I confess that I sometines take my 8 iron and flip it over and play it right handed, that's because I have to because the left handed shot sucked, and it forces me to hit the next one right handed. I should video it sometime that would be cool for you all to see

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Can i also confess I've twice hit it backwards... by topping the ball so bad it goes back a foot? 

That's a real cool shot right there.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I learned slowly to get over my ego after aging. I am straighter than ever I think that is due to age finally slowing down my fast hands. But I am shorter but everyone says I am long for my age. I hit the driver about 250 at sea level now with roll out. I don't practice enough to be as good as I once was but have learned to accept it and plod along. But with age comes wisdom and my course management skills have improved. I putt ok and have to remind myself that I don't practice putting 2 or 3 hours everyday like I used to. But I put it in perspective I am physically able to play whenever I can and that says a lot. I know folks my age and a little older that are not able to play for health reasons. So now I am thankful for every day that I am able to get out and play and my screw up don't bother me that much any more

Yep! Perspective keeps me focused on enjoying a round. I would always get upset after a bad shot. But with age I have come to accept the bad shots better, and I know that with more age, more will come! :). I look around at the guys that play frequently and I see guys that won't be playing much longer; several have quit the last few years because of health. We have to enjoy the game while we can.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How much do you think you should get paid for these? :)

These are priceless

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yep! Perspective keeps me focused on enjoying a round. I would always get upset after a bad shot. But with age I have come to accept the bad shots better, and I know that with more age, more will come! :). I look around at the guys that play frequently and I see guys that won't be playing much longer; several have quit the last few years because of health. We have to enjoy the game while we can.

If the worst thing I have to complain about is a lousy round on a nice day, in the great outdoors on a golf course, I should count my blessings, not my score ;)

That's a "First World Problem" I'm lucky to have.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Oh, and I carry a pistol in my golf bag to return fire at people that hit golf balls into my group ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I always have my 9 in my bag, and I don't mean iron ;)

Hi I'm Hacker, and I have issues....haha

First confession. I wait for all groups inside 450, just to be safe.

2nd. I know that no club will fix my game, but I will never let my wife know.

3rd. I never count my "should'ves" when golfing alone. Meaning if I miss a putt that I should have made, I always count it as a make.

4th. Gimmes have ruined my chance of ever winning the club. I can't make a 2 footer ever.

What's in the Bag

Bag- Sun Mountian 

Driver - Callaway Rouge 9.5* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow
Fairway wood - Ping G15 3 wood

Hybrid - Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 19* 
Irons - Callaway XR 5-PW
Wedges - Cleveland 588-RTX 52* 56* 60*
Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 - SuperStroke Wrist lock Grip

Hi I'm Hacker, and I have issues....haha

First confession. I wait for all groups inside 450, just to be safe.

2nd. I know that no club will fix my game, but I will never let my wife know.

3rd. I never count my "should'ves" when golfing alone. Meaning if I miss a putt that I should have made, I always count it as a make.

4th. Gimmes have ruined my chance of ever winning the club. I can't make a 2 footer ever.

It's all OK as long as you are having fun... unless I am the one behind you when you are waiting on the group ahead! :)

Please forgive me but, I would sell my soul to average 290 straight down the middle every time with my driver. I'm 62 so, it won't be a long wait, just 20 or 30 years more I hope. :) ,

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

Please forgive me but, I would sell my soul to average 290 straight down the middle every time with my driver. I'm 62 so, it won't be a long wait, just 20 or 30 years more I hope. :) ,

You young whippersnapper!   ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm JPC and I have shot 75 while hitting 2 fairways.  My backswing looks like John Daily which is why I'm dealing with back problems at 14, and I play like an idiot. I'm a scrambler and I can't hit my driver for my life.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Archived