Golf Confessionals

Our Sponsors

I also hit into groups if they take way too long. Don't need 4 practice swings and you don't need to visualize the damn shot while you're standing over the ball. Should of done that while you were driving/walking to your ball.

Yea, if that happens to me (which I don't take practice swings or visualize the ball) I take out my 3 wood or 3 iron and rifle it back at them. Depending on the situation.

• Like 1

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm Revkev and I actually get paid to hear people's confessions for a living.

Golf Confessionals (What do you confess about your game?)   My recent purchase of game golf and our hotly debated tee thread has me thoroughly inspecting my game and my ego. Pre game golf, I thought

Hi I'm Hacker, and I have issues....haha   First confession. I wait for all groups inside 450, just to be safe.   2nd. I know that no club will fix my game, but I will never let my wife know.  

Posted Images

Yea, if that happens to me (which I don't take practice swings or visualize the ball) I take out my 3 wood or 3 iron and rifle it back at them. Depending on the situation.

I would totally do this too, but I feel like the message would be lost when I sliced it deep into the trees.

• Like 2

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Tv: senior tour and lpga golf do absolutely nothing for me.

• Like 1

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Lets see...... I used to think I drove the ball around 280. I then realized my home course had most of the yardages wrong on the tees. I average about 240-250 yds. At 55, I'll take it!

I am a terrible putter! If I could putt, I could shoot in the 70's more than twice a season.

I have no idea what my handicap is. I usually shoot 80-84 most of the time. A couple of times a season I will get in the 70's. Can anyone give me a 'roundabout as to my handicap?

Lets see...... I used to think I drove the ball around 280. I then realized my home course had most of the yardages wrong on the tees. I average about 240-250 yds. At 55, I'll take it!

I am a terrible putter! If I could putt, I could shoot in the 70's more than twice a season.

I have no idea what my handicap is. I usually shoot 80-84 most of the time. A couple of times a season I will get in the 70's. Can anyone give me a 'roundabout as to my handicap?

8-11?

• Like 1

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I, mr_divots, am a horrible bunker player. I avoid them pretty well. I'm surprised when I hit a good one. LOL!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I try not to add up my score until I hole out on 18. If you want to mess with me, tell me my score. ha!

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Thanks! I think 8 is being generous. Probably 11 is more like it...lol.

If we are playing for money: 8

If you and I are playing as a team: 11

Cheers!

• Like 3

Depends on the slope for the course you play, could be anywhere from 6- 12

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Once tried getting into a lower flight by posting a score I never put in the system because it was so bad and I stopped truly counting. Still was in the better flight by .1 handicap index.

hate playing with golfers that duff the ball. Takes me out of rhythm.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I carry my 7-iron 135 yards, on average. I am always the shortest hitter in any male group I play in, generally I shoot the lowest number.

I've spent 3 years of lessons trying to perfect my long-game swing. I've probably spent a total of 10 hours working on my short-game in that time. (Though I practice putting almost daily. It can be done indoors, why not?)

If I had children of my own, I'd be putting a golf club in their hands just after the birth. I'd have a cigar in one hand and a childs putter in the other, ready to hand it over and start ingraining proper technique:) (Isn't that how you grow your own Tiger/Rory?)

This season I want to break 80 more than once, I have no plan on how to achieve this beyond more of the same practice routine.

If I had ready access to a launch monitor I'd find myself using it, eventually, to fit myself for glove, shoes and tees. I'm a golf-nerd who doesn't know when to stop.

• Like 2

If I had children of my own, I'd be putting a golf club in their hands just after the birth. I'd have a cigar in one hand and a childs putter in the other, ready to hand it over and start ingraining proper technique:) (Isn't that how you grow your own Tiger/Rory?)

I'd wait a few years before handing over that cigar.   :lol:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tv: senior tour and lpga golf do absolutely nothing for me.

Totally agree. Except when Michelle Wie plays well for some reason.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I confess that I do not practice near enough. I also confess that I'm an idiot who prefers to hit the cool shot that makes me look like a "player" than the smart one. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it screws me.

A prime example is the soul sucking 86 filled with bad decisions this passed Sunday. Saterday, one day earlier, I shot 68 and had it all "figured out."

• Like 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Totally agree. Except when Michelle Wie plays well for some reason.

+1

• Like 1

I'm Revkev and I actually get paid to hear people's confessions for a living. :)

• Like 7

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I learned slowly to get over my ego after aging. I am straighter than ever I think that is due to age finally slowing down my fast hands. But I am shorter but everyone says I am long for my age. I hit the driver about 250 at sea level now with roll out. I don't practice enough to be as good as I once was but have learned to accept it and plod along. But with age comes wisdom and my course management skills have improved. I putt ok and have to remind myself that I don't practice putting 2 or 3 hours everyday like I used to. But I put it in perspective I am physically able to play whenever I can and that says a lot. I know folks my age and a little older that are not able to play for health reasons. So now I am thankful for every day that I am able to get out and play and my screw up don't bother me that much any more

• Like 3

Driver --- TM M-6 Evenflow 5.5 R 45 gr--- 4W Adams Tight Lies 16* Bassara 55g R flex-- 5W Adams Tight Lies 19* Bassara 55g R Flex--- Irons 5 thru PW Taylor Made TP CB ( 2018)  Steelfiber I 95 R Flex--- GW Callaway X Jaws CC 52* stock steel shaft--- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400--- Putter Scotty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft "Rusty" Bag Old School Jones Classic