langesc88

Best Golf Experience You've Had?

So I have had a lot of really good golf related things happening in my life lately. This got me thinking about everything that has happened and what brought me there.

In the last year I was selected to be a contestant on season 1 of a local golf reality show called Hack to Jack. If you are not aware I recommend you check us out (via all social media sites and YouTube) because I promise you will be hearing about us VERY soon. https://www.facebook.com/HackToJack

The people I have met and the relationship I have built since the show started continue to grow and I have got to say it feels great! My passion and drive for golf is so strong and important to me that I just can't imagine life without it.

What is the one experience that you have had that just keeps you coming back for more and that drives you to be a better person and golfer?

HTJ.PNG

• Like 1

Think I'd have to say the exact same thing - Hack To Jack was more fun than a sharing a cart with Natalie Gulbis! 

As was that round of golf we played at Wolf Creek!  Did I take that picture?  :D

• Like 1

So I have had a lot of really good golf related things happening in my life lately. This got me thinking about everything that has happened and what brought me there.

In the last year I was selected to be a contestant on season 1 of a local golf reality show called Hack to Jack. If you are not aware I recommend you check us out (via all social media sites and YouTube) because I promise you will be hearing about us VERY soon. https://www.facebook.com/HackToJack

The people I have met and the relationship I have built since the show started continue to grow and I have got to say it feels great! My passion and drive for golf is so strong and important to me that I just can't imagine life without it.

What is the one experience that you have had that just keeps you coming back for more and that drives you to be a better person and golfer?

Ah crap, Barbajo revealed the course before I could show off and name it!  That's no. 2 I believe, where you have to cut over that butte to hit the fairway.   Scary shot.

• Like 1

Think I'd have to say the exact same thing - Hack To Jack was more fun than a sharing a cart with Natalie Gulbis! 

As was that round of golf we played at Wolf Creek!  Did I take that picture?  :D

Yes you did take that picture @ Wolf Creek Johnny!

Ah crap, Barbajo revealed the course before I could show off and name it!  That's no. 2 I believe, where you have to cut over that butte to hit the fairway.   Scary shot.

markb,

You are correct! One of the nicest courses I have had the pleasure of playing.

My best/favorite would probably be the first time I played Wild Horse in Gothenburg, NE.

We had an 8:00 am tee time and it was thick fog on a links style course. Really set the mood.

The greens were like concrete and somehow I managed to shoot 1 over on the front nine.

Of course after I woke up at the end of 18 that had ballooned to a 7 over total, but I was still breaking 80!

• Like 1

My best/favorite would probably be the first time I played Wild Horse in Gothenburg, NE.

We had an 8:00 am tee time and it was thick fog on a links style course. Really set the mood.

The greens were like concrete and somehow I managed to shoot 1 over on the front nine.

Of course after I woke up at the end of 18 that had ballooned to a 7 over total, but I was still breaking 80!

I have not had the chance to play there but have heard great things!

I have not had the chance to play there but have heard great things!

I can't recommend it enough. I haven't played on any famous courses, but the layout is fair and doesn't require laser accuracy off of the tee. The wind and greens are the challenges on the course and the greens fees are very reasonable.

Have I mentioned it's in the middle of a field in NE?

• Like 1

Mine is  going to Vegas with my two buddies from college. First golf trip between us and itwas a great time and we all had a blast.

Really makes you think how much you enjoy your friends and the game to do something like that.

• Like 1

Mine is  going to Vegas with my two buddies from college. First golf trip between us and itwas a great time and we all had a blast.

Really makes you think how much you enjoy your friends and the game to do something like that.

We all need to do things like that! It gives us a break from the daily grind, unless you are doing your dream job......

Couple years back I needed reps before the big conference tournament. I signed up for a tournament at a course I've always wanted to play, but never had. No warm, no breakfast, nothing... First few shots were right, but I got easy up and downs. The next 16 holes can only be described as one of my two experiences being "in the zone."

"Needed" a birdie before hitting the two hardest holes on the course, so I got on the 510 yard 16 with a driver and a 5 iron. Easy birdie. Lipped out birdie on 17. Get to 18. Hardest hole in the area. 10 yard wide fairway. Trees. Water. No clue what to do. Smoke driver over the trees on the right. "Oh crap." Walk up the fairway thinking "that was a fun 17 holes." Found my ball, a 70 yard wedge from the green.

In 40* weather the next closest guy came in 6 strokes above me. And that feeling of being "in the zone," without a doubt the most addicting feeling ever.

• Like 1

My best golf experience so far was the TMaG trip last Jan.  I didn't play great golf, but the opportunity to visit The Kingdom and be fit where the pro's are fit was amazing.  The group of guys that went were fantastic and it was great to finally meet some of the other members here.  Top to bottom it was a phenomenal experience.

• Like 1

Watching my 7 year old break 40 for nine holes in Florida a year back.  He was aware of how well he was playing and it was just a blast to watch him work his way around the course and think it through.  Before that round I was considering a break from the game and getting time with him on the course had given me a new passion for the game.

• Like 1

Couple years back I needed reps before the big conference tournament. I signed up for a tournament at a course I've always wanted to play, but never had. No warm, no breakfast, nothing... First few shots were right, but I got easy up and downs. The next 16 holes can only be described as one of my two experiences being "in the zone."

"Needed" a birdie before hitting the two hardest holes on the course, so I got on the 510 yard 16 with a driver and a 5 iron. Easy birdie. Lipped out birdie on 17. Get to 18. Hardest hole in the area. 10 yard wide fairway. Trees. Water. No clue what to do. Smoke driver over the trees on the right. "Oh crap." Walk up the fairway thinking "that was a fun 17 holes." Found my ball, a 70 yard wedge from the green.

In 40* weather the next closest guy came in 6 strokes above me. And that feeling of being "in the zone," without a doubt the most addicting feeling ever.

Zeasy, 

There will soon be a way for you to find out how and when you get in the "Zone" and then use it to get back into it while you are playing. I will be posting something next month but there are is a guy on tour using the technology as we speak. 

Zeasy,

There will soon be a way for you to find out how and when you get in the "Zone" and then use it to get back into it while you are playing. I will be posting something next month but there are is a guy on tour using the technology as we speak.

Cool

Zeasy, 

I am intrigued as well. I'll hit the zone usually on the back 9 and sometimes will string 5-6 pars together to finish out a round. If I could figure out how to do it early, I'd actually have a shot at breaking 80.

I am intrigued as well. I'll hit the zone usually on the back 9 and sometimes will string 5-6 pars together to finish out a round. If I could figure out how to do it early, I'd actually have a shot at breaking 80.

More to come in March on that.

I've found drinks before the round helps, just be careful you don't fall out the back side of the "zone" towards the end of the round if you keep drinking :)

• Like 1

I'd say that the best overall golf experience I had came when I discovered while traveling overseas in the 90's to 2000's (back before the extra airline fees for golf bags) that the pro's at most private clubs in Europe, Asia, and South America will STILL let you play their courses if you show 'em a smile and a single digit USGA handicap and have your own stuff.    (This doesn't work so much in England and Australia.)  Since this circumvented the rules of these rather exclusive clubs, they often didn't know what to charge me.   $50 to the pro would usually do the trick.   Once they found out that I traveled a regular route frequently, and I asked if they wanted me to bring any US gear with me the next time, I was in like Flynn.   Met a lot of great people, and played a lot of nice courses I'd never be able to get on if they were in the states.

• Like 1

Another fav is playing the National, Moonah Links and the Dunes in southern Australia with my dad. As long as I live, I'll never forget those rounds.

• Like 1