TESTERS WANTED! ×

2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag

jbil8802

It's that time. Time for my first review here on the MGS forums, or any forum for that matter. Try to bear with my pictures. All I have is the questionable camera from my cell phone and I had to take them in my basement since it's brutally cold outside. 

Last week I did a bunch of research on golf bags to find a replacement for my current one. By research I mean I scoured the MGS "Golf's Most Wanted - 2014 Cart Bags" article. This one - http://www.mygolfspy.com/most-wanted-cart-bag-2014/. Mymain goal was to get a bag with 14 full length dividers. Grinding grips at the bottom of the bag and crushing knuckles between clubheads from forcing them into their holes was no longer fun to me. I read through the article and comparisons and scrolled back to the top and made my decision. I went over to the Ogio website to see what my options were - Carbon (left), Strilux/Red (center), or Blinders/Acid (right). I'll let you guess which one I eliminated immediately.

chamber_carbon.jpgchamber_strilux.jpgchamber_blinders.jpg

My heart sank a bit when I saw the $300 sticker price. Fortunately, I'm a cheap bastard and was able to find some on the bay for $220. They didn't have any of the "Carbon" ones so that made my decision pretty straightforward. I pulled the trigger on the Strilux/Red and free shipping was a nice bonus. This morning I came home from work to find an Ogio box sitting in my foyer. It's always a good day when a box shows up with golf stuff in it. I unboxed it and began the surprisingly lengthy process of cleaning out my old bag and finding the perfect place for everything in the new bag.

Here are the specs from the Ogio website in case I forget to mention something:

-14-way Diamond Performance cart top with advanced Silencerâ„¢ club protection membrane and integrated handles

-Silencerâ„¢ club management system

-ZBPâ„¢ (Zipperless Ball Pocket)

-RPPâ„¢ (Red Protection Pocket) crush resistant

-Cart strap channel

-10 pockets (9 zippered)

-Insulated zippered cooler pocket

-Weather-resistant fleece lined valuables pocket with cell phone sleeve

-EVA molded fleece-lined vault

-Pen sleeve and divot tool sleeve

The biggest selling points for me were the 14 full length dividers and silencer system. The silencer system at the bottom of the bag allows the clubs to snap into place and prevents them from sliding out, falling out, or moving around at all. No more clubs rattling against each other which to me is about as pleasant of a sound as nails on a chalkboard. You can literally turn the bag upside down without the clubs falling out. I tried it. The club "membranes" at the top of the bag are a nice touch as well. My only concern is how durable they are. There is no separate putter well on this bag and the putter slot isn't the largest. I currently have a mid-sized grip on my Ketsch and it's not an issue but I think you might run into problems with something along the lines of a SuperStroke Fatso.

IMG_20150203_133914_607.jpgIMG_20150203_134726_382.jpgIMG_20150203_134944_013.jpg

I'm also a fan of the rangefinder pocket for the peace of mind from the added protection. It's the vault looking pocket in the middle of the bag. The zipperless ball pocket is just below it. I like the idea as long as it holds up well enough. The insulated cooler pocket is on the right side of the ball pocket. It comfortably holds a good sized water bottle and ice pack. Beer cans I'm thinking only 2-3 which should benefit my scorecard. There are three zippered pockets on each side that provide plenty of storage for rain gear or whatever else you like to cram into your golf bag. The bag also comes with a rain cover.

IMG_20150203_134041_506.jpgIMG_20150203_134515_566.jpgIMG_20150203_134451_721.jpg

They've also included a "Torq" strap underneath the shoulder strap to prevent the bag from rotating in the cart. That was a major annoyance with my old bag so I'm pretty excited to try it out.

IMG_20150203_135224_090.jpg

Overall I think it's a well thought out bag that gets the job done and I'm pretty impressed with the seemingly stout construction. Just need this snow to get out so I can test it out on the course.

IMG_20150203_145602_492.jpgIMG_20150203_145256_713.jpg

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Great review jbil - if ever I buy a cart bag I want it to have the silencer top on it. I bought the 2014 Ogio Ozone II in Carbon and love it. I've got no complaints after a year of use, so I hope yours treats you the same. That color scheme fits well with your clubs (which is a nice bonus). All the best with it.

Great review JB!  I have the Chamber w/ Silencer too and I love it.  I bought mine couple years ago when it first came out and it's been awesome.  The biggest seller for me was the Silencer.  I had just bought new clubs at the time and I wanted a bag that would protect them.  I went to my local shop and saw the OGIO Chamber and bought it.  No more clubs clanking behind me on the golf cart.  

Driver:  Titleist 915D2 9.5* (Set at 10.25*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Fairway:  TaylorMade Aeroburner Black 16.5* HL w/ Matrix Rul-Z 
Hybrids:  Titleist 915H 18*(Set at 19.5*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Irons:  Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi (4 Iron) w/ Graphite Design Aura Blue
            Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (5-9) w/ True Temper XP 105
Wedges:  Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (PW 45*) w/ True Temper XP 105
                 Mizuno MP-R12 (50*, 54*, 58*) w/ DG Spinner
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Balls:  Callaway Chrome Soft / TaylorMade Project (a)
Bag:  OGIO Chamber
Shoes:  Nike TW '15

How flexible are those chamber holes?

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

How flexible are those chamber holes?

They're pretty flexible. Similar to other bags that have them on separate putter wells. The mid size grip on my putter has no problem going in or out. The clubs literally snap into place in the silencer system at the bottom of the bag which is what keeps them stable.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Archived