TESTERS WANTED! ×

MG Golf Tour C4 ball

Aotearoa_Brad

I still like the C4 a lot and have some in my inventory. In fact I played one last week one day. The K'sig gets the edge due to a little added distance. Otherwise I can't tell a difference performance wise.

And... mine don't make eagles for some reason. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 months later...

I'm a new beginner when it comes to golf and I noticed you I wonder if you can give me some helpful hits on how to hit my irons on 55 and and been playing for about 20 years I'm just can't hit the irons if you know any good drill or any good website would be appreciated thank you

Sent from my LGLS755 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 3 months later...

I just played a round with this ball for the first time last weekend.  Very impressed!  I also noticed that my approach shots to the green had very little roll.  Great performance to price ratio and look forward to playing with them again.

PXG Gen 4 0811X 7.5 degree Evenflow CB 50g

PXG Gen 4 0841X 3 Wood Evenflow CB 60g

PXG Gen 4 0817XF Hybrid 22 degree Evenflow 80g

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 52

Cleveland RTX ZIPCORE 56

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Maxfli Tour Gloss White Golf Balls

Maxfli Tour X Gloss White Golf Balls

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've played the MG C4 for about 6 years and second your conclusion, great ball regardless of price.  I often test drivers and fairways on-course and find no difference when I've also used a few Pro v1x's.  For the record I am 75, 6.2 index and drive it about 225 in heavy coastal air (near Pismo Beach).  They really perform well on wedge shots considering we usually play late in the day.  

• 2 months later...

I just purchased 2 dozen MG1 Golf balls at $19.99 each plus tax. So, I can get two dozen of these balls for less than 12 Pro V1 golf balls.  I am looking forward to trying them out. I have hit them before a few times but now I am going to play the ball against a PRO V1 and PRO V1x.

Truth is, I never ever buy Pro V1's but I do hit them around the course. I find many barely used PRO V1 golf balls after tournaments and it is a ball I like to hit but am NOT going to pay $48.00/dozen.

If the MG1 does perform similarly as the PROV1 and PRO V1x then I would say for the money spent, it's a great deal.

Characteristics of the PROV1 that golfers like is that they are "clicky" off the club face and are very tactile.

The MG1 is said to be soft but not mushy.

I think the PROV1 will beat the ball in spin since it is a superior ball but from what I have observed from a friend who has been using MG1 balls for over a decade and who hits in the low 80's consistently, the cheaper priced ball is not hurting his game.

I will keep you posted on my findings.

• 6 months later...
40 minutes ago, H-bomber said:

Does anyone know where the C4 golf ball by MG Golf is made?

I have tried contacting customer service and they were not helpful.

USA...   according to the current USGA List of Conforming Golf Balls

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How do the C4s compare to the more recent ProV1 models?  I saw that they were on the middle of the 2019 Ball Test at simply a Good.  I decided to buy a dozen to try out since they are still $19.99 a dozen and one step higher than my current gamer, the Srixon Q Star Tour.  

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

• 3 months later...

Never looking at another golf ball that isn’t MG Senior ball. OMG...they do exactly what the manufacturer claims, straight and long. Made my first round with this ball extremely enjoyable golf. Big confidence booster. Just need to find a way to hide the maker so my friends don’t see what I’m hitting. Thank You MG Balls

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Watching my friends paying for ProV1's and losing to MG C4's has been fun.  When I started playing them the heat I took was a lot, NOT anymore.  Not too long ago I put one of MG's Senior Balls in play (not tournament approved) just for giggles, they're LONG~~ after taking all the money, I had to come clean.  Told them about the ball and refunded all of the money!!  It was worth EVERY MINUTE.  I've tried all 3 gloves and prefer one, but YOU CAN'T beat their prices, to find the one YOU like.  I've got my eye on one of their Range Finders next.

• 2 weeks later...