Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Adams hybrid

revkev

It's funny - I loved that shaft in the Idea Pro but no doubt we have different swing profiles.

I did too. Tried VS Protos as 3W shafts and driver shafts and didn't care for it in those applications.

I think I've tried about 5 shafts in my Idea Pros and they all work reasonably well. Just great heads.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I tried that proto shaft in my driver, a Rapture I forget which iteration now - ruined a perfectly good club - but I loved it in those hybrids.  That head/shaft combo fit me to a tee - my kid has the irons but has put a much stronger shaft in - I had taken the 130 Dynamic Gold black shafts out in favor of something much lighter - in fact Rookie Blue got those shafts - I wonder if he still has them?

My son but something ridiculous in them and still bags the irons and hits them great - he has the hybrids but I suspect he needs a stronger and heavier shaft - still he can hit the 3 hybrid 250 plus.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Okay I hit the Xhot2 and the Jetspeed today. Jetspeed is out. I hit it okay but it's too woodsy for my eye. The Xhot was very nice. My concern with the Adams is a 20 mascarading as a 4? I'm afraid it won't help my gap issue or will actually create an issue the other way. Of course the 23 will work but I'd still need a 26 and don't want to invest full price money on a hybrid.

I will hit the SLDR and have to wait a while on the hybrid. Prices tend to plummet here around Memorial Day.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My concern with the Adams is a 20 mascarading as a 4? I'm afraid it won't help my gap issue or will actually create an issue the other way. Of course the 23 will work but I'd still need a 26 and don't want to invest full price money on a hybrid.

Ya...I bent my 6i to 30Ëš and 5i to 26Ëš then my Adams hybrids are 23Ëš and 18Ëš .

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I am a huge Adams hybrid fan (& FW too), so I'll say that up front.

I played the Pro Gold in 2 and 3 hybrid with matrix Ozik Altus HB stiff. Both were and still are outstanding clubs. Problem started when I switched irons to the JPX 825 pro my 4i closed the distance gap.

My solution was to try the Adams Super LS. Loved the ball speed from the head,

But hated the feel (thick hatchet slamming into a coconut), hated the stock shaft

And didn't like the lower launch and the tendency to hook the crap out of it.

The solution was the XTD ti in 20* with the Ozik red tie stiff flex. The result is ball speed

And distance comparable to the Super LS but the shaft is awesome and

The feels is more reminiscent of the Pro Gold. I like to sometimes

Chip with my hybrid and the XTD ti makes that possible again with

Good distance control. The XTD ti is so good I sometimes consider getting a 16*

To replace my 3W.

All that said, you may want to check out a tour edge exotics as well.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Wow all this talk of Adams hybrids and not once was the premium Adams A12OS brought up. Those puppies are stupid easy to hit and paired with the Pro Launch Blues they fly straight, high and far. The ball just pops off the face upon impact. I like my 3 and 4 or 19° and 22° to be exact. And great off the tee or deck I might add.

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

Just picked up a JPX800 5 Hybrid with RX300 steel shaft.   I have hybrids from the Cobra Bio Cell 2-3(17*-19.5*) and some Powerbilt 3(18*) & 4(23*) hybrids but want to try the 5 hybrid.  Mizuno has one with the shaft same length as a 5 iron.....will get to hit it this weekend.  Has anyone gamed this before?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just picked up a JPX800 5 Hybrid with RX300 steel shaft.   I have hybrids from the Cobra Bio Cell 2-3(17*-19.5*) and some Powerbilt 3(18*) & 4(23*) hybrids but want to try the 5 hybrid.  Mizuno has one with the shaft same length as a 5 iron.....will get to hit it this weekend.  Has anyone gamed this before?

Not that particular hybrid but I always trim them down to play the same length as irons (i.e. 3 hybrid is 3i length).  Works for me.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

As a follow up I hit the X2hot at the range today (I was able to pick one up for $79 so I bit.)  I was very, very pleased.  It's got a nice enough profile and the ball went high and straight, very forgiving, I missed one on the toe and the only noticeable difference was a bit extra draw.  I will have it in the bag on Friday and hopefully have the chance to use it.  If that works out I will start to look for the 5 to match it. 

True to my promise I spent the bulk of my practice time on those shots from 140 to 180 today.  I also hit more drivers than usual as I was trying out the Paderson shaft.  Normally I will only hit a driver 2/3 times in a practice session if at all.  I hit 15 with the driver today.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Wow all this talk of Adams hybrids and not once was the premium Adams A12OS brought up. Those puppies are stupid easy to hit and paired with the Pro Launch Blues they fly straight, high and far. The ball just pops off the face upon impact. I like my 3 and 4 or 19° and 22° to be exact. And great off the tee or deck I might add.

I gave a buddie of mine one of those. He loved it.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Archived