Our Sponsors

Rev, if you want my honest opinion, look for an older Adams.  I picked up an Adams Super Hybrid XTD new in the plastic last year, for $60 shipped.  They sold for nearly $300 when they first came out.  You can't go wrong with an Adams, even if it is 3-4 seasons old.

• Like 1

Honestly I'm tempted to look at the original Idea Pro with a regular shaft.  I hit those so well that if I could get them out of my kid's bag I would - he's bigger than I am though and might beat me with his SW.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I know I am a bit late....work travel has been brutal this week.  I just had Adams put together an 18* XTD Ti for me at the end of last season with a Matrix Black Tie X in it and I love it.  The head launches a higher than the pro and the face is very HOT.  I ended up with the Black Tie to reduce the launch and flatten the ball flight a bit and it was mission accomplished.  I have it set at one degree higher to fit the distance gap that I was looking to fill, but again think it is just a solid club.  I have played Adams hybrids for the last decade and for me there is nothing better on the market.

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small: Pro Platinum Big Sur 48"

Rev, if you want my honest opinion, look for an older Adams.  I picked up an Adams Super Hybrid XTD new in the plastic last year, for $60 shipped.  They sold for nearly $300 when they first came out.  You can't go wrong with an Adams, even if it is 3-4 seasons old.

Yup...really don't hear much bad about Adams Hybrids. The Super 9031 that's a couple models old now is a fantastic club.  Much smaller profile than most hybrids.  It came mostly with the Diamama D+ shaft. 

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.0 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, March 2021
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B XS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Yup...really don't hear much bad about Adams Hybrids. The Super 9031 that's a couple models old now is a fantastic club.  Much smaller profile than most hybrids.  It came mostly with the Diamama D+ shaft. 

Solid club...had one in the bag for most of last season with the D+.

In the Bag for 2021

Okay can any of you compare the Super 9031 to the original Idea Pro - I like my hybrids a bit on the iron side of things - not as much irony as the new dyh or however the letters are combined by Adams - I'd say the XTD ti is about as far as I would like to go in terms of towards the fairway wood.

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

The Super 9031 is a bit smaller footprint than the Idea Pro and the ball flight is a bit flatter with the Super 9031 which I think may be more shaft than head.  I was never a fan of the stock Aldila shaft in the Idea Pro so I may be a bit biased.

You really can't go wrong with either hybrid to be honest.

In the Bag for 2021

It's funny - I loved that shaft in the Idea Pro but no doubt we have different swing profiles.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Okay can any of you compare the Super 9031 to the original Idea Pro - I like my hybrids a bit on the iron side of things - not as much irony as the new dyh or however the letters are combined by Adams - I'd say the XTD ti is about as far as I would like to go in terms of towards the fairway wood.

Super 9031 is a nice stick. Smallest of the non dhy adams hybrids.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

It's funny - I loved that shaft in the Idea Pro but no doubt we have different swing profiles.

I would agree with that.  The Proto by you shaft was just never a good fit for me in any club.  Had an FT-5 Tour with the shaft in an X tipped and inch and it still flew way too high for my liking...that being said the Idea Pro was still a nice club with that shaft in it.

I am also one of the only guys that has ever asked for a Black Tie in a hybrid from Adams...when I ordered it they actually tried talking me out of it on the phone.

In the Bag for 2021

I did too. Tried VS Protos as 3W shafts and driver shafts and didn't care for it in those applications.

I think I've tried about 5 shafts in my Idea Pros and they all work reasonably well. Just great heads.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

I tried that proto shaft in my driver, a Rapture I forget which iteration now - ruined a perfectly good club - but I loved it in those hybrids.  That head/shaft combo fit me to a tee - my kid has the irons but has put a much stronger shaft in - I had taken the 130 Dynamic Gold black shafts out in favor of something much lighter - in fact Rookie Blue got those shafts - I wonder if he still has them?

My son but something ridiculous in them and still bags the irons and hits them great - he has the hybrids but I suspect he needs a stronger and heavier shaft - still he can hit the 3 hybrid 250 plus.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Okay I hit the Xhot2 and the Jetspeed today. Jetspeed is out. I hit it okay but it's too woodsy for my eye. The Xhot was very nice. My concern with the Adams is a 20 mascarading as a 4? I'm afraid it won't help my gap issue or will actually create an issue the other way. Of course the 23 will work but I'd still need a 26 and don't want to invest full price money on a hybrid.

I will hit the SLDR and have to wait a while on the hybrid. Prices tend to plummet here around Memorial Day.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

My concern with the Adams is a 20 mascarading as a 4? I'm afraid it won't help my gap issue or will actually create an issue the other way. Of course the 23 will work but I'd still need a 26 and don't want to invest full price money on a hybrid.

Ya...I bent my 6i to 30Ëš and 5i to 26Ëš then my Adams hybrids are 23Ëš and 18Ëš .

In my bag, March 2021

Sun Mountain Cart Bag

I am a huge Adams hybrid fan (& FW too), so I'll say that up front.

I played the Pro Gold in 2 and 3 hybrid with matrix Ozik Altus HB stiff. Both were and still are outstanding clubs. Problem started when I switched irons to the JPX 825 pro my 4i closed the distance gap.

My solution was to try the Adams Super LS. Loved the ball speed from the head,

But hated the feel (thick hatchet slamming into a coconut), hated the stock shaft

And didn't like the lower launch and the tendency to hook the crap out of it.

The solution was the XTD ti in 20* with the Ozik red tie stiff flex. The result is ball speed

And distance comparable to the Super LS but the shaft is awesome and

The feels is more reminiscent of the Pro Gold. I like to sometimes

Chip with my hybrid and the XTD ti makes that possible again with

Good distance control. The XTD ti is so good I sometimes consider getting a 16*

To replace my 3W.

All that said, you may want to check out a tour edge exotics as well.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Wow all this talk of Adams hybrids and not once was the premium Adams A12OS brought up. Those puppies are stupid easy to hit and paired with the Pro Launch Blues they fly straight, high and far. The ball just pops off the face upon impact. I like my 3 and 4 or 19° and 22° to be exact. And great off the tee or deck I might add.

Ping K15 10.5° Regular TFC

Maxfli 3 Wood 15° Regular Series 76 tip stiff

Adams A12OS 19° 3 Hybrid Pro Launch Blue Regular

Wilson Staff C-100 4-GW Aldila RIP Phenom xi75 Regular

TMag ATV 54° & 58° Wedges KBS wedge flex

YES Callie-12 C-Groove milled, 35" Winn Jumbo Light grip

Just picked up a JPX800 5 Hybrid with RX300 steel shaft.   I have hybrids from the Cobra Bio Cell 2-3(17*-19.5*) and some Powerbilt 3(18*) & 4(23*) hybrids but want to try the 5 hybrid.  Mizuno has one with the shaft same length as a 5 iron.....will get to hit it this weekend.  Has anyone gamed this before?

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Just picked up a JPX800 5 Hybrid with RX300 steel shaft.   I have hybrids from the Cobra Bio Cell 2-3(17*-19.5*) and some Powerbilt 3(18*) & 4(23*) hybrids but want to try the 5 hybrid.  Mizuno has one with the shaft same length as a 5 iron.....will get to hit it this weekend.  Has anyone gamed this before?

Not that particular hybrid but I always trim them down to play the same length as irons (i.e. 3 hybrid is 3i length).  Works for me.

In my bag, March 2021

Sun Mountain Cart Bag

As a follow up I hit the X2hot at the range today (I was able to pick one up for $79 so I bit.)  I was very, very pleased.  It's got a nice enough profile and the ball went high and straight, very forgiving, I missed one on the toe and the only noticeable difference was a bit extra draw.  I will have it in the bag on Friday and hopefully have the chance to use it.  If that works out I will start to look for the 5 to match it. 

True to my promise I spent the bulk of my practice time on those shots from 140 to 180 today.  I also hit more drivers than usual as I was trying out the Paderson shaft.  Normally I will only hit a driver 2/3 times in a practice session if at all.  I hit 15 with the driver today.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Wow all this talk of Adams hybrids and not once was the premium Adams A12OS brought up. Those puppies are stupid easy to hit and paired with the Pro Launch Blues they fly straight, high and far. The ball just pops off the face upon impact. I like my 3 and 4 or 19° and 22° to be exact. And great off the tee or deck I might add.

I gave a buddie of mine one of those. He loved it.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.