Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hank Haney Re-Signs

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

I have informed Tiger Woods this evening that I will no longer be his coach.

I would like to thank Tiger for the opportunity that I have had to work with him over the past 6 plus years. Tiger Woods has done the work to achieve a level of greatness that I believe the game of golf has never seen before and I will always appreciate the opportunity that I have had to contribute to his successes. I have also enjoyed the association that I have had with Tiger both on and off the golf course as I have had some incredible experiences. In coaching and teaching Tiger I have also learned a lot, not only about golf, but about people and life in general. It has been a great learning experience and along the way Tiger has elevated me in my own profession to a level that I never thought I would achieve before I had the opportunity to work with him.

In many ways because of all of the time that I have spent with Tiger, I may have learned more from him than he has ever learned from me. So I believe at this time that it is in both of our best interests for me to step aside as Tiger's coach.

I will always look back upon our past half dozen years together as my best days in professional golf. It would be a dream of any coach to have a student like Tiger Woods and for me it was a dream come true. Just so there is no confusion I would like to make it clear that this is my decision. Tiger Woods and I will always be friends, but I believe that there is a time and place for everything and I feel at this time and at this place in my life I want to move forward in other areas.

Tiger has been just an incredible performer in golf and he has achieved great success throughout his career. First with his father Earl, and then with Butch Harmon as his coach, followed by me, I know Tiger Woods will be successful in the future no matter who helps him. He is an incredible athlete with an incredible work ethic. As we all know, Tiger has been through a lot in the last six months, and I really believe that given the chance, mind free and injury free, we will all see Tiger Woods play once again like we all know he can.

I wish Tiger well, not only with his golf, but in finding peace and happiness in all aspects of his life. Tiger knows that if he ever needs me in anyway, whether it be with his golf or just as a friend he can always call. I will always, as I have been in the past, be there for him. From a personal standpoint, I look forward to being able to make many more contributions to the great game of golf in the days and years ahead.

Hank Haney

#TruthDigest

I was also confused by the title.

So is the popular belief that Hank saw the writing on the wall or are people inclined to believe that he really left of his own accord? Or does no one care one way or the other?

Any candidates for new coach other than Foley (?), Sean O'Hair's coach?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I think something more fundamental has to happen with Tiger in order for him to find his swing and game again ... and it's not simply a matter of switching coaches.

Foley has been the rumors. He is what I am hoping for. he teaches a lot of small things that Tiger is struggling with that I really think can make him better than ever. Yes, better than 1997, 2000, 2001. Small changes too. It is even possible that he doesn't have a coach at all. That would be interesting, to just go back to basics.

to teach hack celebrities how to not come over the top, id like to see an average joe on one of those haney projects,

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Archived