TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cure putters

Mr_Theoo

Stumbled across this putter company. Pretty interesting design, went and checked out there website to find it more information. Learned that you can adjust the weight upto 200 grams!

What are your thoughts on this putter? Would it go in the bag?

For more information on them check out http://cureputters.com

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I'm not sure how I feel about them. I know I wouldn't bag one because I don't like the looks of any of the designs. I do like the idea of the adjustable weight though. Adjustable lie I'm not so sure of. Seems like it would be better just to get a putter fitting from someone that knows a hell of a lot more than I do. I think too much adjustability can cause more trouble than it's worth sometimes.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Adjustability in a putter does less for me than a driver. Get fit for a putter and practice with it. And practice with it. And practice with it. And practice with it. You don't need to be adding weight and changing angles.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Very Interesting.  The design is definitely way out of the box, but the weight changing concept is intriguing.  As a player that uses a 365 gram putter, I would give it a go.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Reminds me of the original Rife Two Bar with adjustable weights and lie angles.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

Adjustability in a putter is irrelevant if you do not know what or why you need to adjust. It is totally dependant on the person adjusting it. Lie angle is a very important aspect of putter set up and of the 90 putters that I sold last year not a single one came out at standard specification (34,35 inch with a 71° lie angle). Of all the tour players I have measured there are very few that are above 70° lie angle and most of the time they are shorter than 34".

95% of the result of a short putt is determined before the putter starts moving.

Driver - Titleist 910 9.5° Diamana 72 gram stiff shaft

17° FW - Titleist 910 diamana 72 gram stiff shaft

Rescue - Titleist 909H 21° voodoo stiff shaft

irons - 4 - PW Ping Anser stiff steel

GW - Magregor 52° VIP

SW + Lob - Vokey's

Putter - Burton Custom Prototype - 2.5° loft, 68° lie angle, 375 gram head, 20° toe hang, non offset,  Back weighted 75grams.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been gaming a Cure RX2 (like the one in the OP pic), for just over a year now and I will say it is far and away the best putter I have ever had. 

I've never had the perfect putting stroke, but the RX2 has helped tremendously -  It is unbelievably stable because it has a ridiculously high MOI. It also is basically impossible to mishit a putt with this putter which has made me much more consistent, especially on longer putts. When I was first testing it out, the guy showing it to me had me roll a few putts to a hole about 15 feet away and then he told me to hit a few all the way off the toe with the same stroke - it still felt really solid, rolled straight on line and the first one actually went in, with the other stopping close by. I then took some longer putts 30-40 feet and I was consistently tight around the hole. The feel, forgiveness and distance control with this putter are something I have never experienced.  I bought it on the spot and it went in the bag to stay.

As for the adjustability - it has a huge range of weighting options - starting at 371 grams, you can add weight in small increments all the way up to 582g. The great thing here is that because of the way the weights attach off the back, it makes a number of combinations possible - I think most other weight adjustable putters have a 20-30 gram window because you take a light weight out and replace it with a heavier weight or vise versa, but you only have 1 weight in the heel and 1 in the toe - I can have no weight, 1 weight or multiple weights, aluminum or stainless to achieve any weight I want and find what works best. As I spent some time with the putter, I began adding a little more weight from time to time during practice. I finally settled at 476g with a MOI of 15,200. I know that sounds really heavy, but that's the magic number for me. Maybe not for you, but with everything off the rack topping out at 400g, you may never know if a heavier weight actually works better with your stroke.

I have become a big believer in High MOI putters as the stability and forgiveness makes such a big difference for a guy like me - but to put it in perspective, (I think) the highest MOI mallet out there is the TM Daddy long legs 395g / 8500 MOI - My Cure RX2 at the same weight = 395g / 11,700 MOI - My current set up = 476g / 15,200 - Do the math...pretty significant.

I have tried out a ton of High MOI mallets over the years and owned several - Trust me this is another level.

With a typical putter, I generally agree with several of the posts above -  that you need to know what your doing to "fit" a putter and that the lie should only be set once etc... However, there's a little more to the story with this putter. First, I agree that you should not always be tinkering too much, butI will say that I have enjoyed being able to adjust my lie a bit flatter once or twice over the past year, and since you can just loosen a few screws, adjust and tighten them back down, there's no risk, you can always adjust it back. I don't need an expert to tell me where my hands are comfortable. The other really cool thing is that the shafts are not only adjustable, but interchangeable... After a few months of having the putter, I went on their website and saw that they offered an offset shaft which intrigued me. I called them and ordered one ( $49 with a grip) and popped it right in and reset my lie angle in a matter of minutes and was off to the practice green. I ended up liking the offset shaft even better, but I always have the opportunity to switch back later if I want.

So basically you can get a custom fit and set up exactly how you want it, with the ability to change weight, shifts, lie etc

It has really high MOI - stable and forgiving, better distance control and did I mention that it rolls GREAT!

The looks may not be for everyone - people will say things, your buddies will make fun of you at the beginning of the round, start asking questions before the turn and want to try it by the end - More than a couple of the guys I play with picked one up after trying mine. For me, it didn't take long to get used to looking down at it  - seeing an immediate improvement didn't hurt either - beauty is in the eye off the beholder. If you can get your hands on one and start making more putts, I bet you'll think it's a gorgeous as I do. 

There's a lot more info on their website and a few new models worth checking out, a smaller heel shafted version and a more traditional style, oversized blade with High MOi which is very interesting and may appeal more to some.

www.cureputters.com

• 11 months later...

I'm a guy that has struggled with putting always. My lags were ok (never have to be too precise with them as far as the line), but 3-10' range was terrible...yet somehow I still maintained a 4-5 handicap.

These Cures are game changing. I have an Rx2 and swear I will never change. The high MOI does what it says and is very easy to roll the ball on line (even with a less than stellar stroke)

The adjustability is what's incredible...

My putting stroke WAS a normal grip (RH low). So lie angle was set at like 69-70°, but I noticed I'd still get too active w right hand and pull or push slightly. I threw an older (heavier) superstroke belly putter grip on it and went with the claw grip. WOW!!! All I did was make it a lil lighter, since I'm now only really gripping w one hand. And I mad the lie angle 73°...two easy adjustments that made a world of difference.

They may look ugly, but if you've ever struggled with putting, do yourself a favor and take a look at these.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. I have a bunch if anyone wants to try em.

My $0.02

Tried them at the PGA Merchandise Show and, while I see their appeal, the putter just didn't "look right" when I was lining up to putt and my accuracy suffered for it.

MAYBE, I could adjust to it, but the putters I already own are more instinctive to me.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

interesting concept, but i prefer something with more alignment aid

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I had the Rife putter and it does look similar.  I was not pleased with the Rife so I went to a golf warehouse and tried out 10 putters I liked the look of. I really wanted the "plumbers" neck style putter and much to my suprise I did not hit it well. I also thought I needed plenty of alignment aids. It came down to 2 centershafted putters with short alignment lines were the best for me. 1 a Ping the other a Scotty Cameron.  I really love my Cameron putter.

In My Bag

Driver TM 9.5 Burner reg shaft.

3 wood TM 15*             "

5 wood TM 18*             "     "

Cobra baffler 3 hybrid

TM 5 hybrid

TM 6 hybrid

TM RSI Irons 6 thru pw

Titleist  Vokey 52* and 56* wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 center shafted putter

• 3 weeks later...

Lexi Thimpson is rolling one this week at the ANA.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

What I have noticed as I've seen some on tour is that these things are huge, it looks like they took a brick and put a shaft into it, I haven't seen one in person yet, but I doubt that I would even pick it up off the shelf. These should be in the ugly putter thread.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

What I have noticed as I've seen some on tour is that these things are huge, it looks like they took a brick and put a shaft into it, I haven't seen one in person yet, but I doubt that I would even pick it up off the shelf. These should be in the ugly putter thread.

Ugly, but effective.  I have yet to take it to the course, but I have been fooling with the Cure RX-4 in the shop for the past 3 weeks, and the thing keeps growing on me.. It is difficult to mishit this putter because of the high MOI. It looks and sounds like ****, but as I have stated in the past, until there is a spot on the card to write down my score for aesthetics, all I care about is performance.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 4 weeks later...

I rolled one of these this week at Casa de Campo and I am impressed. Not enough to put one in the bag, but the concept has merits.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

My friend is letting me borrow his and at this point, I'm pretty sure I'm talking him out of it or getting one of the new versions. I have last year's RX3 in the bag. I put in a quick 9 this morning and my lag putting was phenomenal. Anything inside 10 feet, I felt confident that ball was going in or burning the hole. 

Pros:

The self-fit lie angle is phenomenal. Super easy. 

Forgiveness. If you have a imperfect stroke, the club lets you get away with it.

Weight customization. Sometime this week I'll spend a full session on the practice green getting this locked in.

Cons:

The sound doesn't thrill me 100%, hard to put a finger on why. At this point the performance is worth it.

Customization options: if you're a fiddler, the weight options in particular could be a rabbit hole.

Looks. I'm swinging a black one and it is sleek, like a WWII tank.  :lol: I actually like the bright blue one, but I might be a bit unconventional.

They sound like a muted aluminum cow bell when struck.

Driver - Callaway Paradym 9*  w/Fuji Ventus Blue stiff 

Fairway - Callaway Epic Speed Heavenwood

Utility Wood - Callaway Apex UW 19*

Hybrids - 3 , 4, 5 Ping G425

Irons - 5 - PW Ping G425

Wedges -50, 54 Mizuno S23 , 58 Maltby Max Milled

Putter - L.A.B. Mezz 1 Max

Bag - Mizuno

Cart - Alphard powered Caddy Tek 3 wheeler

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.

Be prepared for the size of the head.  It is a very large putter head and it will take a bit to get used to it.  I could not overcome the size.

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Lexi's new Cure putter

I saw this. I was wondering what putter it was! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

• 3 months later...

I am gaming the RX-6 currently and love it. Puts a great roll on the ball with ease. My lag putting (which unfortunately I do frequently) is fantastic with this. I also find I'm automatic from 3-4' feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

They are really solid putters.  The look becomes less obtrusive when you see your putt roll into the hole or snuggle up close for a tap in from 30 feet.

I ended up with Scotty X7M, but an RX5 was very close to making my bag.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 5 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic. I picked up an RX2 Tour offset model on close out this was the 2015 model. This thing is ugly. But once I found the weight I liked and the lie angle all I did was switch to a Superstroke slim 3.0 and this thing just rolls beautifully. I don't like the triangle alignment system so I just use the sight lines in the center. I swear it feels like I can not miss hit this thing. Have not had the opportunity to use it on the course yet but was wondering what are other people's thoughts. Anyone still gaming theirs?

It's really hard for me to want to bag this putter it's ugly, sounds like crap but I can't miss with it. So it will get some course time once the weather cooperates.

In the bag:

King Cobra F7 10.5* with Fujikura Pro 60 S flex 44.75"

Ping Anser 16.5* with TFC 800 S flex

Mizuno JPX900 19* with Fujikura Pro 70 S flex

Ping I20 4 - PW with CFS S flex

Ping Gorge Tour 50*, 54* & 58* with CFS S Flex

SeeMore FGP Milled 36.5"

• 3 months later...