Mr_Theoo

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this thread was getting some action but I've been using a Cure putter since Christmas. I found the old RX6 on RockBottom for about $75 and knew that Lexi was gaming it at one point. I ended up not liking the RX6 because it lacked an aim line. Directional control was an issue for me but the roll i got was always beautiful. 

Called up Cure to inquire about a trade in and they were kind enough to just charge me the price difference between the old model and the new 2017 RX5 that has aim lines. 

I LOVE the customization of the putter. I've been tweaking my lie angle and weight to find the optimal configuration that let's me swing most naturally. I bought the extra weight kit and maxed out the weight so it's a behemoth. I prefer a slow putting tempo and the heavy weight allows me to keep my tempo without feeling like i'm getting "lag" in my putting stroke. 

I also put on a variety of different grips trying to find the perfect fit. Right now the Larsen Ultimate is working. I had the new golf pride SNSR on there but i felt that i put my wrists in such an uncomfortable angle. I like the Larsen but don't love it. Debating putting a flat cat on there. Luckily i put my grips on with air and masking tape so they're all salvageable should i change my mind. 

As far as the looks, it's certainly a different looking putter. People comment on the size of it but after 2 greens all they can talk about it how smoothly it rolls. Next time you're playing golf listen to your partners putts. Right after you hear the putter make contact you almost always will hear a ball skid. That is nonexistent with my cure. Balls rolls end over end so beautifully. 

Let me preface my results by saying I'm a high handicapper (22) but since switching to the Cure my putts per round has dropped 2.5 strokes which i'm very happy about considering it includes some really HORRIBLE rounds where i had 40+ putts.  Before switching to the Cure i was averaging 2.7 putts per GIR and since switching that's down to 2.1. So i was able to go from almost guaranteed 3-putt bogey to making par. 

But ultimately what i love about Cure is the customization. As i work to become a better putter I'm not trying to force a stroke on the wrong putter or having to be in an unnatural setup position trying to make my body fit a putter that's not right.  My old putter was the Axis1 Joey-C which puts a beautiful roll on the ball but as a blade it just wasn't forgiving enough for someone of my skill level. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS with Autoflex X-stiff 

3-Wood: :ping-small: 425 Max w/ KBS TD 60

Irons: :taylormade-small:P790 w/ X-stiff True Temper DG 105

Hybrids::taylormade-small: DHY Utility Irons 4 & 5

Wedges::taylormade-small: MG3 w/ KBS Black Wedge Shaft (50, 54,58)

Putter: Cure RX5 w/ P2 React Grip

Saw this thread was getting some action but I've been using a Cure putter since Christmas. I found the old RX6 on RockBottom for about $75 and knew that Lexi was gaming it at one point. I ended up not liking the RX6 because it lacked an aim line. Directional control was an issue for me but the roll i got was always beautiful. 

Called up Cure to inquire about a trade in and they were kind enough to just charge me the price difference between the old model and the new 2017 RX5 that has aim lines. 

I LOVE the customization of the putter. I've been tweaking my lie angle and weight to find the optimal configuration that let's me swing most naturally. I bought the extra weight kit and maxed out the weight so it's a behemoth. I prefer a slow putting tempo and the heavy weight allows me to keep my tempo without feeling like i'm getting "lag" in my putting stroke. 

I also put on a variety of different grips trying to find the perfect fit. Right now the Larsen Ultimate is working. I had the new golf pride SNSR on there but i felt that i put my wrists in such an uncomfortable angle. I like the Larsen but don't love it. Debating putting a flat cat on there. Luckily i put my grips on with air and masking tape so they're all salvageable should i change my mind. 

As far as the looks, it's certainly a different looking putter. People comment on the size of it but after 2 greens all they can talk about it how smoothly it rolls. Next time you're playing golf listen to your partners putts. Right after you hear the putter make contact you almost always will hear a ball skid. That is nonexistent with my cure. Balls rolls end over end so beautifully. 

Let me preface my results by saying I'm a high handicapper (22) but since switching to the Cure my putts per round has dropped 2.5 strokes which i'm very happy about considering it includes some really HORRIBLE rounds where i had 40+ putts.  Before switching to the Cure i was averaging 2.7 putts per GIR and since switching that's down to 2.1. So i was able to go from almost guaranteed 3-putt bogey to making par. 

But ultimately what i love about Cure is the customization. As i work to become a better putter I'm not trying to force a stroke on the wrong putter or having to be in an unnatural setup position trying to make my body fit a putter that's not right.  My old putter was the Axis1 Joey-C which puts a beautiful roll on the ball but as a blade it just wasn't forgiving enough for someone of my skill level. 

Glad to hear that you're liking it. They are a bit funky. May be it's a high capper thing, but I too like the heavy putter and have a 375-385g coming my way soon. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 1 year later...

My daughter (a 10hcp)  was looking for a new putter and we went to the PGA superstore earlier this summer and probably tried 50 different ones. The Cure was the only one she really liked and it had a lot to do with the ability to minimize the weight. She likes a lighter putter and doesn't mind a larger head. She also likes a center shaft so I ordered the RX4 a couple weeks ago and surprised her with it and she promptly drained 12 out of 13 ten footers. She hasn't played a lot of rounds with it yet but she feels like it has saved her at least 2-3 strokes per and she is very confident with it. It's a very different putter, but for those more focused on performance than traditional aesthetics it is a very worthy option. 

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter (a 10hcp) was looking for a new putter and we went to the PGA superstore earlier this summer and probably tried 50 different ones. The Cure was the only one she really liked and it had a lot to do with the ability to minimize the weight. She likes a lighter putter and doesn't mind a larger head. She also likes a center shaft so I ordered the RX4 a couple weeks ago and surprised her with it and she promptly drained 12 out of 13 ten footers. She hasn't played a lot of rounds with it yet but she feels like it has saved her at least 2-3 strokes per and she is very confident with it. It's a very different putter, but for those more focused on performance than traditional aesthetics it is a very worthy option.

I'm interested in these. Looks kinda funky as big as they are but the X3 and hybrid x1 Don't look too bad

WITB?

Mizuno JPX921F 4-PW, recoil 95 shafts

Callaway Epic SZ 9.5°, Hzrdus Smoke black 

Ping Glide 3.0 50,54,60 

PXG hybrid 0317 Gen 1, Tensi CK Blue

Cobra F9 14.5° 3 wood, Atmos Blue 

I'm interested in these. Looks kinda funky as big as they are but the X3 and hybrid x1 Don't look too bad

The CX1/CX2 don't look bad at all. More like an oversized blade...and can be found for fairly cheap.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• 2 years later...

Always struggle with putting so though I would try an arm-lock putter. I have been experimenting with arm-lock putting since June, 2020. Got two converter grips from arm-lockgolf.com: AL2 and CVTR. Tried these on an old mallet putter and an Odyssey White Hot blade putter. Putting seemed to improve, but had concerns about the lie angles being restricted to just a small range. Then got on the high MOI kick and came across the Cure adjustable putters. Got a Cure RX4 in July. Lengthened the offset shaft to 43-inches. Found that too long so now at 42-inches. I have lie set very upright like Bryson. I may reduce the lie a little and the height to 41-inches. With the Cure putter lie is easily adjustable. A have a middle weight set on it, which feels about right on the weight for me. The high MOI has given me much more consistency on my strikes, though distance control is still a work in progress. If Cure made these to have adjustable loft that would be perfect. I have a friend with a machine shop and may try to come up with a mod to allow loft adjustment. Or have 2 or 3 shafts with different lofts. It would be nice if Cure would have this as an option. 

Overall I really like the Cure putter and its adjustability has been great for me. Hopefully I will settle on the settings that work best for me and then focus solely on practicing.

Pete

Never owned or considered owning one.....but, I do pick one up from time to time at PGA Superstore to roll a few putts. I've made everything I looked at several times in store. There's no denying it rolls the ball nice and would probably help some golfers. For me....I just can't get over how big the head is.

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

• 2 years later...
On 11/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, peteco said:

Always struggle with putting so though I would try an arm-lock putter. I have been experimenting with arm-lock putting since June, 2020. Got two converter grips from arm-lockgolf.com: AL2 and CVTR. Tried these on an old mallet putter and an Odyssey White Hot blade putter. Putting seemed to improve, but had concerns about the lie angles being restricted to just a small range. Then got on the high MOI kick and came across the Cure adjustable putters. Got a Cure RX4 in July. Lengthened the offset shaft to 43-inches. Found that too long so now at 42-inches. I have lie set very upright like Bryson. I may reduce the lie a little and the height to 41-inches. With the Cure putter lie is easily adjustable. A have a middle weight set on it, which feels about right on the weight for me. The high MOI has given me much more consistency on my strikes, though distance control is still a work in progress. If Cure made these to have adjustable loft that would be perfect. I have a friend with a machine shop and may try to come up with a mod to allow loft adjustment. Or have 2 or 3 shafts with different lofts. It would be nice if Cure would have this as an option. 

Overall I really like the Cure putter and its adjustability has been great for me. Hopefully I will settle on the settings that work best for me and then focus solely on practicing.

Are you still using the Cure RX4? That one looks very intriguing to me. But since I don't have an opportunity to try one out, I was wondering if you could comment on the sound. Since the head is made out of aluminum, I'm wondering whether it makes a high-pitched "ping" sound when striking the ball. I read somewhere else that someone didn't like the sound it makes and I have a feeling I might feel the same way about it.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2023 at 11:41 PM, Eat My Divots said:

Are you still using the Cure RX4? That one looks very intriguing to me. But since I don't have an opportunity to try one out, I was wondering if you could comment on the sound. Since the head is made out of aluminum, I'm wondering whether it makes a high-pitched "ping" sound when striking the ball. I read somewhere else that someone didn't like the sound it makes and I have a feeling I might feel the same way about it.

Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this. Honestly I can't recall the sound it makes. It wasn't enough different than any of the various other putters I have used. Or maybe I am just not tuned into the sound and simply focus on the putt.

Regarding the RX4, I used it up until last March. It worked well. Then I came across an RX5 on ebay for a reasonable price. I decided to use it like it was before putting a longer shaft in. Turned out I was, and still am, putting better with it than the armlock RX4. I added some more weight to the head and may experiment with adding even more weight. 

I also came across an RX3 that I got for my wife who has just started golfing 2 years ago. She had a terrible time lining up putts with her previous putter. The RX3 has been so much better. I also got the lie angle set for her so that helps.

One thing that I think might make the Cure RX putters even better is one of the modern putter shafts. I may contact Cure to see if I can get some of the head "pucks" to put a shaft in.

Pete

On 9/2/2023 at 12:54 PM, peteco said:

Sorry for the late reply as I just saw this. Honestly I can't recall the sound it makes. It wasn't enough different than any of the various other putters I have used. Or maybe I am just not tuned into the sound and simply focus on the putt.

Regarding the RX4, I used it up until last March. It worked well. Then I came across an RX5 on ebay for a reasonable price. I decided to use it like it was before putting a longer shaft in. Turned out I was, and still am, putting better with it than the armlock RX4. I added some more weight to the head and may experiment with adding even more weight. 

I also came across an RX3 that I got for my wife who has just started golfing 2 years ago. She had a terrible time lining up putts with her previous putter. The RX3 has been so much better. I also got the lie angle set for her so that helps.

One thing that I think might make the Cure RX putters even better is one of the modern putter shafts. I may contact Cure to see if I can get some of the head "pucks" to put a shaft in.

Thanks for the input. I'm currently thinking that the RX5 and perhaps even the RX4 have heads that are just a bit too large for my liking. I think the RX3 or perhaps the CX3 might be more suitable to me visually. I've been monitoring eBay pretty regularly to see if the proper deal pops up. Some of them have looked good, but will have a shaft that's either too short or too long; I think I could work with anything between 34.5 - 35.5 inches.

Regarding your comment on the modern putter shafts, that's something I really have no knowledge about. What benefits are you likely to gain from these shafts over whatever Cure is currently using?

At first I thought the RX5 would be too big, which is why I got the RX4. After using the RX4 I got used to the size (and the comments from my playing partners). So I thought I would try the RX5 and I like it better than the RX4 now. Note that on the RX3 the shaft does not go through the centerline of the putter head like it does for the RX4 and 5. 

Regarding shaft length, it is fairly easy to lengthen or shorten so don't let that turn you off to a good deal. A golf shop can do it for under $20 i think. I recommend you learn how to do it as you may find you need to experiment with different lengths. My RX5 came with a longer shaft and I decided to keep it that way as I may experiment with counterbalancing. The longer length does really bother me.

My "modern putter shaft" comment relates to the recent (last 5 years?) availability of carbon fiber putter shafts that have more torque stiffness and other differences with traditional metal putter shafts. I really don't know much about them other than they are expensive and tricky to integrate on a putter with a curved end at the attachment to the putter head. Talked to a putter clubmaker that is familiar with the Cure putters and he didn't think it would help.

The earlier RX1 and 2 sometimes come up at an attractive price but I would not get them as the improvements with the RX4 and 5 are worth the extra money.

Pete

8 hours ago, peteco said:

At first I thought the RX5 would be too big, which is why I got the RX4. After using the RX4 I got used to the size (and the comments from my playing partners). So I thought I would try the RX5 and I like it better than the RX4 now. Note that on the RX3 the shaft does not go through the centerline of the putter head like it does for the RX4 and 5. 

Regarding shaft length, it is fairly easy to lengthen or shorten so don't let that turn you off to a good deal. A golf shop can do it for under $20 i think. I recommend you learn how to do it as you may find you need to experiment with different lengths. My RX5 came with a longer shaft and I decided to keep it that way as I may experiment with counterbalancing. The longer length does really bother me.

My "modern putter shaft" comment relates to the recent (last 5 years?) availability of carbon fiber putter shafts that have more torque stiffness and other differences with traditional metal putter shafts. I really don't know much about them other than they are expensive and tricky to integrate on a putter with a curved end at the attachment to the putter head. Talked to a putter clubmaker that is familiar with the Cure putters and he didn't think it would help.

The earlier RX1 and 2 sometimes come up at an attractive price but I would not get them as the improvements with the RX4 and 5 are worth the extra money.

What is it about the RX5 that you liked better than the RX4? The MOI is quite a bit higher which supposedly makes the club face more resistant to twisting, as I understand it. Is that what you liked better about it? I also prefer a heavier putter head and the weight adjustability of the Cure putters is another reason they interest me so much.

I seem to be more accurate with the RX5. That could be due to a few things. As you mentioned the MOI is a little higher. Also, being wider the white perpendicular alignment line on the putter face top edge is a little wider so that may help. I have read that many people, when they get a new putter (or any club), seem to have a "honeymoon" where they putt better, but after the newness wears off they putt as well as they did with their previous putter (and maybe a little worse). For me, I noticed a slight improvement with the RX5 and just seem to be getting a little better as time goes on.

Pete

On 9/7/2023 at 9:42 PM, peteco said:

I seem to be more accurate with the RX5. That could be due to a few things. As you mentioned the MOI is a little higher. Also, being wider the white perpendicular alignment line on the putter face top edge is a little wider so that may help. I have read that many people, when they get a new putter (or any club), seem to have a "honeymoon" where they putt better, but after the newness wears off they putt as well as they did with their previous putter (and maybe a little worse). For me, I noticed a slight improvement with the RX5 and just seem to be getting a little better as time goes on.

Thanks, I just found what appears to be a great deal on a used RX3 on eBay so I think I'm going to give it a try!

On 9/13/2023 at 4:46 PM, peteco said:

Great. Let me know how it goes.

Well, the RX3 arrived a couple of days ago and it was in immaculate condition. Looked like brand new. Cost me about $100 instead of the $300 Cure is selling them for on their website. I got to take it to the practice green last night for about 20 minutes and was very impressed. Putts in the 4-8 foot range were almost automatic, which is unusual for me. The putter just feels very stable, which I suppose is what their whole High MOI pitch is all about. I left all the weights on (I've always preferred a heavier putter)  and adjusted the shaft angle to be just slightly below fully upright. I think the only real adjustment for me at this point is getting used to gauging how to swing it on the longer putts, but I think with a bit of practice, that won't be a problem. It's also got the standard factory grip so I'll probably replace that with something thicker, perhaps a SuperStroke or another Kotahi like I have on my current putter.

So overall, first impression is very promising! Can't wait to take it onto the course and put it to a real test!

4 hours ago, Eat My Divots said:

Well, the RX3 arrived a couple of days ago and it was in immaculate condition. Looked like brand new. Cost me about $100 instead of the $300 Cure is selling them for on their website. I got to take it to the practice green last night for about 20 minutes and was very impressed. Putts in the 4-8 foot range were almost automatic, which is unusual for me. The putter just feels very stable, which I suppose is what their whole High MOI pitch is all about. I left all the weights on (I've always preferred a heavier putter)  and adjusted the shaft angle to be just slightly below fully upright. I think the only real adjustment for me at this point is getting used to gauging how to swing it on the longer putts, but I think with a bit of practice, that won't be a problem. It's also got the standard factory grip so I'll probably replace that with something thicker, perhaps a SuperStroke or another Kotahi like I have on my current putter.

So overall, first impression is very promising! Can't wait to take it onto the course and put it to a real test!

Glad it's working. Keep posting on how it is going.

I am adding counterbalancing to mine and possibly some other adjustments. I plan to report how well those work out. Really like the adjustability of the putter. Only thing missing is a loft adjustment.

Pete

On 9/21/2023 at 8:39 PM, peteco said:

Glad it's working. Keep posting on how it is going.

I am adding counterbalancing to mine and possibly some other adjustments. I plan to report how well those work out. Really like the adjustability of the putter. Only thing missing is a loft adjustment.

Finally got to play a round with the new putter and the results were mostly good. Made a few good putts in the 10-15 foot range and even sank one from the fringe that was 30+ feet. However, I also had a few dreadfully short lag putts so that's something I need to keep working to get the feel of. I got my putter regripped yesterday with my preferred Kotahi grip (it's a unique grip designed for its own putting system) and it felt great during my 15-minutes of practice last night. Gonna see how it works in my league play tonight. Feeling really good about it!

• 1 month later...

My wife goes to a monthly auction at the local fairgrounds and sends me pictures of golf stuff if there is any. This past Saturday she sent me pictures of three bags of clubs and one bag had a putter in it.

Since I’m on a never-ending search for a putter that works, I asked her to buy the putter if it was less than $30. Some guy bought the bag of clubs, putter, and all, because he wanted the UGA Bulldawgs bag. Who wouldn’t want one of those? She asked the guy if he wanted to sell the putter and the guy told her she could have it.

The putter is a Cure RX1, and it is an oddity. It’s a basic blade shape and conventional putter to this thing is like a paring knife to a cutlass. Hitting a ball it makes a muted sound like a baseball hit with an aluminum bat, like a bunt maybe.

I played a round Monday, and I liked it, but didn’t like the angle and changed it Monday night, which is very easy to do. I played with it again Tuesday and did better and it felt better. I’m going to keep it in the bag for a while and if I don’t like it I’m not out anything and I’ll continue looking for a putter that works.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R