Mr_Theoo

Cure putters

I rolled one of these this week at Casa de Campo and I am impressed. Not enough to put one in the bag, but the concept has merits.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My friend is letting me borrow his and at this point, I'm pretty sure I'm talking him out of it or getting one of the new versions. I have last year's RX3 in the bag. I put in a quick 9 this morning and my lag putting was phenomenal. Anything inside 10 feet, I felt confident that ball was going in or burning the hole. 

Pros:

The self-fit lie angle is phenomenal. Super easy. 

Forgiveness. If you have a imperfect stroke, the club lets you get away with it.

Weight customization. Sometime this week I'll spend a full session on the practice green getting this locked in.

Cons:

The sound doesn't thrill me 100%, hard to put a finger on why. At this point the performance is worth it.

Customization options: if you're a fiddler, the weight options in particular could be a rabbit hole.

Looks. I'm swinging a black one and it is sleek, like a WWII tank.  :lol: I actually like the bright blue one, but I might be a bit unconventional.

Be prepared for the size of the head.  It is a very large putter head and it will take a bit to get used to it.  I could not overcome the size.

I am gaming the RX-6 currently and love it. Puts a great roll on the ball with ease. My lag putting (which unfortunately I do frequently) is fantastic with this. I also find I'm automatic from 3-4' feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are really solid putters.  The look becomes less obtrusive when you see your putt roll into the hole or snuggle up close for a tap in from 30 feet.

I ended up with Scotty X7M, but an RX5 was very close to making my bag.

Sorry to revive an old topic. I picked up an RX2 Tour offset model on close out this was the 2015 model. This thing is ugly. But once I found the weight I liked and the lie angle all I did was switch to a Superstroke slim 3.0 and this thing just rolls beautifully. I don't like the triangle alignment system so I just use the sight lines in the center. I swear it feels like I can not miss hit this thing. Have not had the opportunity to use it on the course yet but was wondering what are other people's thoughts. Anyone still gaming theirs?

It's really hard for me to want to bag this putter it's ugly, sounds like crap but I can't miss with it. So it will get some course time once the weather cooperates.

• Like 2

Unless you have played with one you will not believe it. AWESOME putter

So I'm guessing your some sort of cure social media brand embasador.

Saw this thread was getting some action but I've been using a Cure putter since Christmas. I found the old RX6 on RockBottom for about $75 and knew that Lexi was gaming it at one point. I ended up not liking the RX6 because it lacked an aim line. Directional control was an issue for me but the roll i got was always beautiful. 

Called up Cure to inquire about a trade in and they were kind enough to just charge me the price difference between the old model and the new 2017 RX5 that has aim lines. 

I LOVE the customization of the putter. I've been tweaking my lie angle and weight to find the optimal configuration that let's me swing most naturally. I bought the extra weight kit and maxed out the weight so it's a behemoth. I prefer a slow putting tempo and the heavy weight allows me to keep my tempo without feeling like i'm getting "lag" in my putting stroke. 

I also put on a variety of different grips trying to find the perfect fit. Right now the Larsen Ultimate is working. I had the new golf pride SNSR on there but i felt that i put my wrists in such an uncomfortable angle. I like the Larsen but don't love it. Debating putting a flat cat on there. Luckily i put my grips on with air and masking tape so they're all salvageable should i change my mind. 

As far as the looks, it's certainly a different looking putter. People comment on the size of it but after 2 greens all they can talk about it how smoothly it rolls. Next time you're playing golf listen to your partners putts. Right after you hear the putter make contact you almost always will hear a ball skid. That is nonexistent with my cure. Balls rolls end over end so beautifully. 

Let me preface my results by saying I'm a high handicapper (22) but since switching to the Cure my putts per round has dropped 2.5 strokes which i'm very happy about considering it includes some really HORRIBLE rounds where i had 40+ putts.  Before switching to the Cure i was averaging 2.7 putts per GIR and since switching that's down to 2.1. So i was able to go from almost guaranteed 3-putt bogey to making par. 

But ultimately what i love about Cure is the customization. As i work to become a better putter I'm not trying to force a stroke on the wrong putter or having to be in an unnatural setup position trying to make my body fit a putter that's not right.  My old putter was the Axis1 Joey-C which puts a beautiful roll on the ball but as a blade it just wasn't forgiving enough for someone of my skill level. 

• Like 1

Saw this thread was getting some action but I've been using a Cure putter since Christmas. I found the old RX6 on RockBottom for about $75 and knew that Lexi was gaming it at one point. I ended up not liking the RX6 because it lacked an aim line. Directional control was an issue for me but the roll i got was always beautiful. 

Called up Cure to inquire about a trade in and they were kind enough to just charge me the price difference between the old model and the new 2017 RX5 that has aim lines. 

I LOVE the customization of the putter. I've been tweaking my lie angle and weight to find the optimal configuration that let's me swing most naturally. I bought the extra weight kit and maxed out the weight so it's a behemoth. I prefer a slow putting tempo and the heavy weight allows me to keep my tempo without feeling like i'm getting "lag" in my putting stroke. 

I also put on a variety of different grips trying to find the perfect fit. Right now the Larsen Ultimate is working. I had the new golf pride SNSR on there but i felt that i put my wrists in such an uncomfortable angle. I like the Larsen but don't love it. Debating putting a flat cat on there. Luckily i put my grips on with air and masking tape so they're all salvageable should i change my mind. 

As far as the looks, it's certainly a different looking putter. People comment on the size of it but after 2 greens all they can talk about it how smoothly it rolls. Next time you're playing golf listen to your partners putts. Right after you hear the putter make contact you almost always will hear a ball skid. That is nonexistent with my cure. Balls rolls end over end so beautifully. 

Let me preface my results by saying I'm a high handicapper (22) but since switching to the Cure my putts per round has dropped 2.5 strokes which i'm very happy about considering it includes some really HORRIBLE rounds where i had 40+ putts.  Before switching to the Cure i was averaging 2.7 putts per GIR and since switching that's down to 2.1. So i was able to go from almost guaranteed 3-putt bogey to making par. 

But ultimately what i love about Cure is the customization. As i work to become a better putter I'm not trying to force a stroke on the wrong putter or having to be in an unnatural setup position trying to make my body fit a putter that's not right.  My old putter was the Axis1 Joey-C which puts a beautiful roll on the ball but as a blade it just wasn't forgiving enough for someone of my skill level. 

Glad to hear that you're liking it. They are a bit funky. May be it's a high capper thing, but I too like the heavy putter and have a 375-385g coming my way soon. 

My daughter (a 10hcp)  was looking for a new putter and we went to the PGA superstore earlier this summer and probably tried 50 different ones. The Cure was the only one she really liked and it had a lot to do with the ability to minimize the weight. She likes a lighter putter and doesn't mind a larger head. She also likes a center shaft so I ordered the RX4 a couple weeks ago and surprised her with it and she promptly drained 12 out of 13 ten footers. She hasn't played a lot of rounds with it yet but she feels like it has saved her at least 2-3 strokes per and she is very confident with it. It's a very different putter, but for those more focused on performance than traditional aesthetics it is a very worthy option. 

My daughter (a 10hcp) was looking for a new putter and we went to the PGA superstore earlier this summer and probably tried 50 different ones. The Cure was the only one she really liked and it had a lot to do with the ability to minimize the weight. She likes a lighter putter and doesn't mind a larger head. She also likes a center shaft so I ordered the RX4 a couple weeks ago and surprised her with it and she promptly drained 12 out of 13 ten footers. She hasn't played a lot of rounds with it yet but she feels like it has saved her at least 2-3 strokes per and she is very confident with it. It's a very different putter, but for those more focused on performance than traditional aesthetics it is a very worthy option.

I'm interested in these. Looks kinda funky as big as they are but the X3 and hybrid x1 Don't look too bad

I'm interested in these. Looks kinda funky as big as they are but the X3 and hybrid x1 Don't look too bad

The CX1/CX2 don't look bad at all. More like an oversized blade...and can be found for fairly cheap.