TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

markb

Got mine on Monday. Been a busy week. Wife had her second surgery this week. I haven't even opened the box yet. WIll open, take pics, then go to my guy to get a TP tip put on--then hit the LM this week. Cannot wait!! I need the distraction!

Really hope your wife is doing better. Mine has upcoming surgery and I'm not looking forward to it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is all put together and ready to hit and of course the weather goes to crap.

I probably won't be able to hit it for the next week and a half if the forecast holds.

I will be sending my stuff in for the preliminary impressions tonight.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Hey guys. What format are you doing your write-ups in to email them to Bones? Would a Word Doc be Ok?

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Hey guys. What format are you doing your write-ups in to email them to Bones? Would a Word Doc be Ok?

Doc format is fine

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Just got back from the range, very happy with initial results of testing.  Since the weather has warmed up I was able to follow my normal pattern of hitting some shots with it to get used to it first.  I am planning to play on Friday and since today went so well I will keep it in for some on course work.  My biggest fear was that I would have issues finding the sweet spot.  My SLDR shaft is longer than what I was accustomed to playing but lighter.  The Paderson shaft is heavier but I had not problems with the sweet spot.  If anything I was better than normal but it could simply have been a good day for my swing.

I should have my unboxing and initial impression write up to Bones later today.  Right now I have to get back to work.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Trust you received the email with build instructions, most important. Since the panelists are spread out geographically, combined with the fact each player will be testing in their preferred clubhead systems, it would be very difficult to create a realstic and or controlled environment. Remember this was a totally blind fit, we went off club speed alone. Therefore you should test against your gamer configuration. If you can acquire any shot data, this will enable a more quantitative review. Provided you acquire a comprehensive session worth of shots. Say 12-20 each config. Please don't hesiate contacting us direct should you have any further questions.

Cheers, PADERSON KINETIXX TEAM

Hey, guys.  You don't have to send me anything via email.  I was just wanting to make sure everyone got their shafts, before creating the thread to get things started.  Thanks.

Gotcha sorry! The review document we got was unclear as it just said send it to (blank) think of him as an editor. Lol

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Exactly thanks for the clarification Bones - so to be clear you will create the thread and then we will drop in at our appointed spots?

@ PadersonK - thanks for the opportunity!  I was very, very impressed by the shaft in my first outing - I flushed the thing the first swing and after 3 swings was able to control ball flight and produce my nice little baby draw.  Can't wait to play with it on the course and to compare numbers with my gamer - I did an LM session about a month ago with my current (former if yesterday was any gauge) shaft.  I also shilled for you a bit - the guy next to me on the range loved the sound of my shots and I told him all about your company.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Although I got my shaft first, I only just today installed it.  I see what Paderson means about NOT abrading the tip too much.  There is a relatively thin top layer of basketwoven fibers (including kevlar, I'm guessing) that you do not want to cut through or weaken with over zealous tip prep.   I'm glad they sent me the instructions first.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I've started collecting LM data.

Now I need to give my right knee a break :( - lol

Getting old ain't for sissies!!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Is it Saturday yet? Heading out to the local dome with Flight Scope. I have had my SLDR in my living room so I can stare at it. The shaft is hypnotic.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Thought I was ready to go today, but I screw up the adaptor install and had to start over.   Manana

Hey guys, check your emails. Sent everyone some instructions. We're ready to get this kicked off soon.

Is this the one from yesterday or a new one?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have not as yet received an email from Bones today.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

We got the email yesterday splitting the testers into the two groups and who to send our info to, but I wasn't sure if that was the email Bones was talking about or if there was another instruction email that was sent out today.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

We got the email yesterday splitting the testers into the two groups and who to send our info to, but I wasn't sure if that was the email Bones was talking about or if there was another instruction email that was sent out today.

Yes, I was referring to the email I sent yesterday about the groups.

I still have not received it or perhaps it went to my spam. Could it be resent please?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Initial impressions sent in.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

I don't think it will change my "unboxing" portion of the review, but Jason is shipping me a different shaft this week.

I contacted Jason and sent him a spreadsheet of my initial comparisons and, after discussing my results, swing type and the shafts I currently use, he's sending me a Kevlar Green model.  

Since this was a "blind fit" based soley on swing speed, the Kevlar Blue doesn't really match my swing profile, which is what I thought might be the case.  For one thing, the Kevlar Blue has a draw bias, which explains why I was "fighting it" to avoid hooking.

Once I figured out how to adjust my stance and swing with the Kevlar Blue, I started to get results similar to my current shaft, but only marginal differences.

Now the anticipation begins (again).   :rolleyes:

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Interesting wbealsd -

Sadly none of my devices are allowing me to view the Paderson website - that's a side issue for them that is beyond the scope of this review.  What is the difference between the blue and the green?  Is it weighting or kick point?  I know about faces being draw biased but didn't realize that shafts could be.

I'm curious now.

I'm ready to take mine to the LM hopefully tomorrow.  I'm anticipating a bit of a ball speed jump based upon what my eyes are telling me.  Unfortunately I didn't get it on the course on Friday but hope to this week.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rev,

Here's some of the information about the shaft Jason sent me when we were discussing the Paderson shaft models:

I've got shorter backswing,an aggressive transition and hit a natural draw.  I DID get a higher launch and even got longer carry distance with the Blue (once I figured out how to overcome the hooking), but a bit less overall distance.  Hopefully, once I can swing more naturally, I'll get better carry AND total distance!

"Our KINETIXX KEVLAR BLUE shaft features a higher balance point and can contribute to increasing club speed. However, this shaft is tailored for high launch and a center to draw shot bias, with today's lower spinning club head designs. 

The bending profile of this shaft as explained relative to construction a bit further below, features a stiff concentric butt-mid quadrant and an active yet proportionately softer (flex dependent) mid-tip quadrant. The bending profile is intended for players with a moderate to full arc, (longer backswing) and SMOOTH transition, progressive acceleration pattern. Your transition pattern justifies the need to adjust your set-up and swing parameters, when playing this shaft.

Quite frankly, we've sent you the wrong product!"

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Thanks -

BTW I'm curious has anyone else had trouble with the Paderson website?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

There are certain parts of the website that aren't loaded yet, such as all the specs for the shaft I'm testing, the Kevlar Green.   I'd like to see an overall streamling of the product differentiation on the site, because the differences between the shafts and who they are aimed at, isn't very clear.   (Notice how I'm calling it the "Kevlar Green", which is in no way its official name, but which distinguishes it in my mind because my mind didn't like the long, obtuse name they use.)

That said, I couldn't be happier with the shaft they chose to send me.   It's a very good blind fit for my swing and is proving very easy to get used to..

I'm having that same experience - spot on blind fit - dying to see how the numbers come out or to get it on a familiar course so that I might compare distances.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm having that same experience - spot on blind fit - dying to see how the numbers come out or to get it on a familiar course so that I might compare distances.

I've sent in my first two sessions of testing, on range and on course, but I haven't done the monitor yet.  It's hard not to reveal spoilers here, but I will say that I was VERY glad I did an on course test at my home track on a crappy weather day.   20 mph arctic head or tail winds the whole day.   So no records were broken and often I was 30 yards behind where my "good" spots are.   If I hadn't been doing a head to head, I might have thought the P was poopy, but even the gamer was poopy in those conditions.   Instead, it was very useful to see how the Paderson handled these miserable winds, something that you can't tell on an indoor monitor.

BTW, I'm using Dr. Scholl's for EVERY impact of the test and this too is proving revelatory.   Late in the day yesterday, I was seeing better impacts from my gamer, yet the Paderson was matching it in distance and dispersion.   My assumption is that this is due to a higher chs and lower spin from the Paderson which compensated for the purer hits coming from the gamer.   Monitor must still confirm that assumption, though.

I sure hope there's time for me to hit outside before we start posting results, although that can be added later for the followup.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived