TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

markb

Finally got a chance to hit it this morning.  Had an hour on an About Golf simulator.  So far my only result is that I need to test it more on a more accurate machine.  I was hitting it very well, but then switched back to my Diamana and I was hitting that well too.  Results were too close and too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got a chance to hit it this morning.  Had an hour on an About Golf simulator.  So far my only result is that I need to test it more on a more accurate machine.  I was hitting it very well, but then switched back to my Diamana and I was hitting that well too.  Results were too close and too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions.

About Golf simulators have awesome graphics, but I suspect most commercial installations are setup more for entertainment, than accuracy.

After all, they DO want repeat customers - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

About Golf simulators have awesome graphics, but I suspect most commercial installations are setup more for entertainment, than accuracy.

After all, they DO want repeat customers - lol

I wasn't concerned about it being juiced as I picked all my own parameters for the range.  Distances seem pretty good compared to real life for the most part.  Every once in a while you get a wonky shot, but those are pretty easy to notice and eliminate.

Either way it's not so much about the straight numbers, it's about the compare to my current gamer.  So from that perspective it's a level playing field.  Either way I've been talking with Golfspy Barbajo and we are going to meet up at a real simulator this week for some testing.  So should have reputable numbers soon.  I'm very curious how they turn out.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Well I had a set back this weekend bc after I hit the range, my ferrul undid itself from the adapter. Literally my first on course driver swing. I was unsure if the adapter had moved as well so it stayed in the bag all weekend. Got it reattached today but the weather is crap here all week.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Either way it's not so much about the straight numbers, it's about the compare to my current gamer.  So from that perspective it's a level playing field.

Me too. Since I can vary +/- several yards from day to day, each session I'm hitting all 3 test shafts and taking an overall average. Like Hcky said...it's not the numbers....it's the difference in the numbers that matter.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

It's always the difference in the numbers that matters because who knows machine to machine.  It's weird, I rarely vary in regards to distance, unless there is some clear mitigating factor, wind, dried out conditions or I'm in a different location - Midwest, Northeast, Texas, Arizona, a place where the ball goes a little farther than at Sea level and lush.

I may have a day where I'm hitting it longer on average because I've flushed more shots - love those days - had a great string from October through the end of the year.  That was fun, was very competitive in a couple of tournaments and grabbed a win, but it's not so fun right now the couple of times I've had to use that handicap and try to play to it.  Fortunately my league only counts league rounds and when play opens up for that in April I'll have a more manageable 5 rather than the 2 on my current handicap print out - just make sure you win something big when you shoot 73, 69 in a tournament because those are staying with you for a long, long time.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I couldn't agree more about the variation from day to day, that's why my best form of testing is the side-by-side home course tests over 3+ rounds.   I want real looks at real trees and hazards with real conditions and real OB.   So I put both drivers in my bag, hit two to 4 drives per hole and see who "wins" in the sense of which drive would I rather have to play.   Compile enough holes of these wins and losses and ultimately you know which stick you'd rather keep in your bag, fuggedabout the rpms or angles into the indoor net.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I couldn't agree more about the variation from day to day, that's why my best form of testing is the side-by-side home course tests over 3+ rounds. I want real looks at real trees and hazards with real conditions and real OB. So I put both drivers in my bag, hit two to 4 drives per hole and see who "wins" in the sense of which drive would I rather have to play. Compile enough holes of these wins and losses and ultimately you know which stick you'd rather keep in your bag, fuggedabout the rpms or angles into the indoor net.

That's nice if you can do it but it's not happening here this time of the year. Any course that would be that empty has a for sale sign in front of it. I'm envious of you. There are some places where I could do thaat in the summer here however but that will be too late for the test. Personally I like a combo of on course and LM numbers, I wouldn't likely buy a driver any more without both.

I don't know how much we should share in this thread but I did a nice LM session today because I really wanted to see if what things look like on the range are real and I can't play until Friday. I went to the same facility that I established my baseline at and used the exact same LM. They were having issues with their WIFI so we had to move to several different bays and finally had to plug the thing in. The guy who works there, a pro wanna be and mini tour maven was blown away by the results. He stuck around for my first ten or so shots to make sure that it was working. Shot after shot with a baby draw, 90 mph ss, 18 degree launch, spin rate of around 1900, carry of 220, run out on normal fairway conditions between 240-250, smash factors upwards of 1.48.

He said that is as close as he's ever seen anyone get to maximizing their potential. I couldn't believe it!

I'm looking forward to having it on the course on Friday and then back for another LM session sometime next week so that I have some good numbers for whatever our next write up is supposed to be. What I found today was a very slight increase in ball speed and launch angle with a nice reduction in spin. All of that translated to an average of 9 more yards of carry and 8 yards total distance, significant if it continues and most significant if it's there when playing for real. Oh and most shots would have finished in the fairway.

BTW what's an OB?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't have a tracking number yet, but got a notification from UPS that a package addressed to me has been shipped.  Hope I can have the replacement shaft installed and can start testing by early next week!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Donnie 200?  That's right I recall your app - I'm surprised you hadn't used Paderson prior in a Krank for competition!

I've yet to worry about fades, I don't often like to fade the ball, I need every inch that I can get.  What I have noticed is how easy it is to hit the ball solidly with this shaft - I've got it at 45.5" and I'm hitting tons of solid shots, more than enough to justify that shaft length.  It's also very easy for me to control the ball flight which is huge because spring time in Florida means wind - I'm very anxious to see how that equates on the course.  I could almost name my launch angle on the monitor, swing and that's what I'd get.  It was that simple.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

200mph ball speed? My mind is blown.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

That's nice if you can do it but it's not happening here this time of the year. Any course that would be that empty has a for sale sign in front of it. I'm envious of you. There are some places where I could do thaat in the summer here however but that will be too late for the test. Personally I like a combo of on course and LM numbers, I wouldn't likely buy a driver any more without both.

I don't know how much we should share in this thread but I did a nice LM session today because I really wanted to see if what things look like on the range are real and I can't play until Friday. I went to the same facility that I established my baseline at and used the exact same LM. They were having issues with their WIFI so we had to move to several different bays and finally had to plug the thing in. The guy who works there, a pro wanna be and mini tour maven was blown away by the results. He stuck around for my first ten or so shots to make sure that it was working. Shot after shot with a baby draw, 90 mph ss, 18 degree launch, spin rate of around 1900, carry of 220, run out on normal fairway conditions between 240-250, smash factors upwards of 1.48.

He said that is as close as he's ever seen anyone get to maximizing their potential. I couldn't believe it!

I'm looking forward to having it on the course on Friday and then back for another LM session sometime next week so that I have some good numbers for whatever our next write up is supposed to be. What I found today was a very slight increase in ball speed and launch angle with a nice reduction in spin. All of that translated to an average of 9 more yards of carry and 8 yards total distance, significant if it continues and most significant if it's there when playing for real. Oh and most shots would have finished in the fairway.

BTW what's an OB?

Now you know why I loathe the LM.  I have ONE GC2 in the county, run by idiots who'd prefer not to rent me time and I always have to reset their jacked settings back to the defaults.   And at the same time I can walk on to any course nearby as a single and hit four drives per hole without running into people or holding anyone up.

I don't know about the workability of this shaft, I'd say workability is dependent on the worker, but it has a good straight behavior to its shots.   I'll see some that start to tail off right or left and then they just stop their straying behavior and keep going straight.  

I am seeing lower spin which pays off big time into the wind.   And no trace of the high torque that the shaft states in its specs.   It immediately beat my Rogue Silver and Black, so thoroughly, in fact, that I already sold off the Rogue Silver and shipped it out.   Those are the hottest shafts of the year and it wasn't even close for me!

EDIT UPDATE :   I did get a good guy at the LM this time who I'd never seen before.   He took the time to operate it with me so I got my GC2 results in.   SS were LOW compared to last time, but it doesn't matter since it was all relative one shaft to another.   Rogues were crap, Paderson right there neck and neck with my gamer.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Donnie 200? That's right I recall your app - I'm surprised you hadn't used Paderson prior in a Krank for competition!

I've yet to worry about fades, I don't often like to fade the ball, I need every inch that I can get. What I have noticed is how easy it is to hit the ball solidly with this shaft - I've got it at 45.5" and I'm hitting tons of solid shots, more than enough to justify that shaft length. It's also very easy for me to control the ball flight which is huge because spring time in Florida means wind - I'm very anxious to see how that equates on the course. I could almost name my launch angle on the monitor, swing and that's what I'd get. It was that simple.

Yep. 200. When I competed in 2013, I had talked to Paderson about the shafts but it was about 3 weeks before the RE/MAX and I was scared to make the change. I have now, and wished I would have then. Ball spin has dropped from mid-upper 2000's to below 2000. Also the shot dispersion with the shafts is crazy good. Good enough to switch for that alone. Had I had this in 2013, I don't think I would have lost in round 5 and 7 and I would have to say I would have probably hit the grid 90+% of the time rather than just over 70% not using them. Long story short, I look forward to competing again in 2015 after taking all of 2014 off to finish my degree.

Wind...I live in El Paso, Texas now, this place is WINDY. Not complaining bc our weather is nice most of the year, and especially now compared to where a few of my friends are. -16*, no thank you!

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

Yep. 200. When I competed in 2013, I had talked to Paderson about the shafts but it was about 3 weeks before the RE/MAX and I was scared to make the change. I have now, and wished I would have then. Ball spin has dropped from mid-upper 2000's to below 2000. Also the shot dispersion with the shafts is crazy good. Good enough to switch for that alone. Had I had this in 2013, I don't think I would have lost in round 5 and 7 and I would have to say I would have probably hit the grid 90+% of the time rather than just over 70% not using them. Long story short, I look forward to competing again in 2015 after taking all of 2014 off to finish my degree.

Wind...I live in El Paso, Texas now, this place is WINDY. Not complaining bc our weather is nice most of the year, and especially now compared to where a few of my friends are. -16*, no thank you!

Which shaft and flex did they put you in? They mentioned to me that they had a bunch of long drive guys.

Donnie, Trevor Consavage practices where I do occasionally. Do you know him?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have the the Kevlar Green D40 and D50.

I have the KVMT ld50 & ld 60

Which is your favorite if you don't mind me asking?

Which is your favorite if you don't mind me asking?

I like them all for different reasons. Just playing golf, I'll got with Kevlar green d40. The d50 I'll use if in a scramble and am trying to kill it. Otherwise d40 and I'm middle middle middle.

I ordered some iron and wedge shafts from them as well. Once I get them installed and test, I'll report back on them. They are going to look week in my tour issue fourteen golf fh-1000 irons and RM wedges. I'll post some pics soon.

I ordered some iron and wedge shafts from them as well. Once I get them installed and test, I'll report back on them. They are going to look sweet in my tour issue fourteen golf fh-1000 irons and RM wedges. I'll post some pics soon.

Which shaft and flex did they put you in? They mentioned to me that they had a bunch of long drive guys.

Paderson does have several LD guys and are looking to expand and grow in that area. Every single LD guy that I've mentioned the shaft to that bought them a) gained ball speed B) lowered spin rates c) had better shot dispersion.

Hoping all you Paderson testers find the same results! Maybe tiger should try a Paderson shaft? ;)

RevKev,  Ya got me curious.  I recently became a dealer so I'm waiting to test these myself.

Good for you. Why does the Minneapolis area seem to have all the good golf shops? I hope my lurking friend from the cities area is taking note of this. :)

@ MarkB, if I had the option of playing a course and hitting four drives a hole and then eye balling the results I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm not arguing that on the course results over multiple ways would be my preferred choice. In fact that's exactlt what I did with the SCOR test. This time of year that's a non option, courses here are booked from dawn to dust and rounds take five hours. In the summer it's another matter so if some iron company wanted me to test their irons in the summer (wink, wink, nod, nod, Hogan) I'd be happy to oblige.

Regardless I found on the monitor exactly what Mark and Donnie are reporting, higher launch, less spin, easier to find the center of the club so way more shots at the top end of my ball speed capabilities all of which equals more usable distance.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I like them all for different reasons. Just playing golf, I'll got with Kevlar green d40. The d50 I'll use if in a scramble and am trying to kill it. Otherwise d40 and I'm middle middle middle.

They sent me the d40. I don't swing it quite as fast as you but was hoping for the d50. Have only gotten to do limited tested so far but the d40 seems very good so far.

They sent me the d40. I don't swing it quite as fast as you but was hoping for the d50. Have only gotten to do limited tested so far but the d40 seems very good so far.

What is your club speed? The D50 is gorilla strong. When I hit it, I like to scream "hulk smash"....haha

What is your club speed? The D50 is gorilla strong. When I hit it, I like to scream "hulk smash"....haha

Lol I'm anywhere from 118-125 on a normal swing. If I want to get over 130 I can but I start to lose some control. Transition is pretty hard and spin rates are high no matter what I use.

Archived