TESTERS WANTED! ×

My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

markb

I have done a lot of hard work over the years. I would be glad to share some of the stuff I did to increase speed. I own one of the products I use, but will not mention the name of it until I have permission.

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Donnie is on a level that us mere mortals can't fathom.

Not trying to compare lol I don't want to get my feelings hurt.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Back to the topic................snow/ice has shut down about 3/4 of the country, so the testing has been a little delayed.

The weather is amazing here In El Paso. I just found a driving range that is open from 10-10 and has lights and a flight scope. I'll hopefully get some solid numbers soon. I personally have an es14 and will test them head to head And post some Paderson numbers!

Wait a minute if we take California/Texas/Florida surely we have more than 1/3 the country's population and there is no snow or ice here.  Granted its a very, very chilly 64 today but I think we can still test. :)

Is there a reason that Donnie wouldn't be able to mention the product he uses?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I still haven't gotten a tracking number for my replacement shaft, so I hope it gets here before we start writing the "followup" section... :(

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Actually wbealsd I'm sure that's got to be weather related, my being a wise guy aside the weather is playing havoc in many and various ways.

We don't have anything up yet - I'm sure that the moderators are waiting for everyone to get their unboxing and initial impression results in.  We are more than happy to wait for you and kudos to Paderson for getting you fit right.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wait a minute if we take California/Texas/Florida surely we have more than 1/3 the country's population and there is no snow or ice here. Granted its a very, very chilly 64 today but I think we can still test. :)

Is there a reason that Donnie wouldn't be able to mention the product he uses?

I don't want to mention it bc I actually own it.

Actually wbealsd I'm sure that's got to be weather related, my being a wise guy aside the weather is playing havoc in many and various ways.

We don't have anything up yet - I'm sure that the moderators are waiting for everyone to get their unboxing and initial impression results in.  We are more than happy to wait for you and kudos to Paderson for getting you fit right.

Thanks Rev, you're right.  I'm very happy that after I sent Jason my initial results and we discussed my swing, that he told me that base on swing speed alone, he'd sent the wrong shaft and is getting me another model to test.  I'm just frustrated that I've got to go through the waiting and anticipation, all over again.

On the other hand, there's hope I'll be able to hit it outside by the time we submit our reviews!! ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Donnie I know that we have sponsors here - any chance you'd be interested in that - then you could mention away. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm guessing Craig doesn't want to know that I played today with the shaft in my driver for the first time.  We used my friends GPS watch to keep my driver average but sadly he recorded a couple of 3 woods as drives - I still averaged 241 off the tee - throw out the 2 three woods and that would have been closer to 244, that's top end long for me and we had rain yesterday.

I missed one fairway, one, all day.

Good start, hit 12 greens in regulation too, more distance, in play is going to lead to more greens hit and also more shots closer to the pin - I made two birdies which was nothing short of miraculous given how I putted today.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm guessing Craig doesn't want to know that I played today with the shaft in my driver for the first time. We used my friends GPS watch to keep my driver average but sadly he recorded a couple of 3 woods as drives - I still averaged 241 off the tee - throw out the 2 three woods and that would have been closer to 244, that's top end long for me and we had rain yesterday.

I missed one fairway, one, all day.

Good start, hit 12 greens in regulation too, more distance, in play is going to lead to more greens hit and also more shots closer to the pin - I made two birdies which was nothing short of miraculous given how I putted today.

Oh man, here we go...everyone will have my secret soon. Glad to hear it worked out and you obviously out performed your old setup. Guess you have a new gamer?

only missing one fairway is huge...added distance is huge...now make a few putts and you will be playing the best golf of your life!

I'm normally pretty accurate Donnie, I have to be but accurate and 7 yards longer in wet conditions is huge. I reached two par 5s in 2 last season, one when the tees were way up with a huge wind at my back and the other was just one of those days when I was crushing it, had a little breeze, firmer conditions and cut a corner. I reached that same par 5 yesterday by carrying the corner without the down breeze part.

I'm normally a pretty good putter. I haven't been practicing my putting. I don't think I've been on a practice green, other than to warm up, since New Years. Guess where I'm going on my way in to church today. :). Normally I spend 15 to 30 minutes on the practice green a week, minimum.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

For the second weekend in a row, the adapter twisted when I make hit my 2nd drive. I am going to bring it to the shop AGAIN tomorrow to get it reattached. Maybe I will finally get some testing done this week.

For the second weekend in a row, the adapter twisted when I make hit my 2nd drive. I am going to bring it to the shop AGAIN tomorrow to get it reattached. Maybe I will finally get some testing done this week.

What type of epoxy are you having them use? I always, always use 24 hour and let it settle.

I agree with donnie, I use only the slow curing epoxy and I let it rest tip down overnight.  

Also, I would check the tip prep.  It sounds as if the installer didn't rough up the tip enough, that he probably glued it without abrading the surface beyond the very light (too light) tip prep that came from Paderson, which was little more than taking the vinyl veneer skin off.   You need a little more surface roughness than that in order for the epoxy to grab on to something, but you don't want to saw through the outer coating of interwoven fibers either.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Guys I have to say that I'm not sure. I know he was very careful with the tip after reading the instructions from Paderson. Is there anything you all suggest I tell him. Other than spining, which I'm now eerie about bc of this guy, his work has been impeccable.

Guys I have to say that I'm not sure. I know he was very careful with the tip after reading the instructions from Paderson. Is there anything you all suggest I tell him. Other than spining, which I'm now eerie about bc of this guy, his work has been impeccable.

Due to the construction method, Jason states that spine aligning will produce no benefit with the Paderson shafts - "Consequently, any attempt to "spine-align" would also produce indifferent results with this particular shaft. Any attempt at such could not possibly be quantitative! There is not a single instrument available to fitters, that would be capable of characterizing and isolating spine in the table rolled, lower half portion only to find homogenous agreement butt to tip."

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Due to the construction method, Jason states that spine aligning will produce no benefit with the Paderson shafts - "Consequently, any attempt to "spine-align" would also produce indifferent results with this particular shaft. Any attempt at such could not possibly be quantitative! There is not a single instrument available to fitters, that would be capable of characterizing and isolating spine in the table rolled, lower half portion only to find homogenous agreement butt to tip."

LOL...that's a little excessive, but I will say it's one of the best shafts I've Spined & FLO'd, in terms of alignment not making a difference.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Jason is obviously an engineer - It's like talking to my son or in former years my Dad, as either for help with a simple math problem and you'll walk away confused.

Having written that Jason's shaft is awesome!!!!! My Dad took part in building a pretty mean submarine that is still in service 30 years later and his grandson does a great job of keeping it afloat (while actually not afloat but you get the drift.)

Undershooter I had the same issue at first.  I took the shaft to my teaching pro who also fit me - he said, sure I can install that shaft in the adapter for you.  I think that Jason's instructions scared him a bit and even though I let the shaft set for over 24 hours the adapter started to wiggle after a dozen swings.  I had the club repair guy at Chi Chi Rodriquez fix it (he's a former tour van guy).  Nothing will shake that thing now - he was blown away by the shaft and wants me to bring the driver back so that he can hit it.

I'm going up tomorrow after work to meet him.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Shall I post pics of my driver and fairway shafts?

Enough with the teaser, where are those pics!! ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Due to the construction method, Jason states that spine aligning will produce no benefit with the Paderson shafts - "Consequently, any attempt to "spine-align" would also produce indifferent results with this particular shaft. Any attempt at such could not possibly be quantitative! [/size]There is not a single instrument available to fitters, that would be capable of characterizing and isolating spine in the table rolled, lower half portion only to find homogenous agreement butt to tip."[/size]

Interesting because he told me to spine it. What I mentioned earlier a bout being eerie about spining now had nothing to do with this shaft. The info is in another thread. He told me to spine the shaft but that I would not see a huge difference either way.

Interesting because he told me to spine it. What I mentioned earlier a bout being eerie about spining now had nothing to do with this shaft. The info is in another thread. He told me to spine the shaft but that I would not see a huge difference either way.

What shaft do you have?

K green D40

Archived