Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

markb

These shafts have me seriously interested. Sitting around the next few months I might get bored and pick a couple up

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested as well but their website is no help.

Edit: I worded that in a harsh way. Donnie was able to point me in the right direction. Still would be nice to read a bit about each shaft ahead of time.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'm interested as well but their website is no help.

Edit: I worded that in a harsh way. Donnie was able to point me in the right direction. Still would be nice to read a bit about each shaft ahead of time.

No, I've been to their site. It's no help. They need to spend some time on that for sure.

Donnie, what length did you have yours cut to?  Are you thinking of using a Paderson shaft for competition this year?

I work from home on Tuesday and got my work done early so that I could have a range session over lunch.  It's a beautiful Spring day here (watch exhibition baseball on sports center or MLB and you'll see.)  It's also breezy (very typical for this time of year.  I had been toying with the idea of lofting down and so thought I'd try it as the range I went to had us dead into a 20 MPH zephyr.  The guy was next to is a very strong player, mini-tour guy in his younger years, regained amateur status, a force among senior players in our area.  He was towards the end of his session and hitting drivers.  Mine drives were every bit as long as his were!!!!!!  He kept looking over at me - we sometimes play in a big Friday game together and we've played together.  He's a good guy but doesn't say much.  He did grunt out, "have you been working out this winter or something?"

I'm playing again on Friday and then will look to have another LM session next week.  I will record those numbers and wait until the guys are ready to have us send the next report in.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Donnie, what length did you have yours cut to? Are you thinking of using a Paderson shaft for competition this year?

I work from home on Tuesday and got my work done early so that I could have a range session over lunch. It's a beautiful Spring day here (watch exhibition baseball on sports center or MLB and you'll see.) It's also breezy (very typical for this time of year. I had been toying with the idea of lofting down and so thought I'd try it as the range I went to had us dead into a 20 MPH zephyr. The guy was next to is a very strong player, mini-tour guy in his younger years, regained amateur status, a force among senior players in our area. He was towards the end of his session and hitting drivers. Mine drives were every bit as long as his were!!!!!! He kept looking over at me - we sometimes play in a big Friday game together and we've played together. He's a good guy but doesn't say much. He did grunt out, "have you been working out this winter or something?"

I'm playing again on Friday and then will look to have another LM session next week. I will record those numbers and wait until the guys are ready to have us send the next report in.

My golf driver is 45" and my ld drivers are just under 48". I would not compete with anything else. No other ld shaft on the market is as high of launching and as low spin. My spin rates are below 2000 for the first time ever with ideal launch angles and an increase in ball speed. One of the best things I like, I get to increase my loft. I compete with typically a 7-7.5* driver now.

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

Hit mine outdoors for the first time yesterday.  Was hoping to get more time this week, but the weatherman is calling for 1-2" of ice and 4-6" of snow.

It looks like in the space of less than two weeks, we'll be transitioning from sub-zero temps and Blizzard Warnings to the MID-50's next week!!!

Is it possible we'll have Spring this year??

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

"...I'm playing again on Friday and then will look to have another LM session next week.  I will record those numbers and wait until the guys are ready to have us send the next report in.

Were we not supposed to send our LM and course impressions in already?   I've sent them all in and I keep logging in every day to see the compiled results post, or at least the unboxing impressions.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Didn't you get the email about the delay in posting the unboxing and initial impressions stuff because of the snow and ice across the Midwest? I sent my write up in. I'm sure they are waiting on everyone to be able to get theirs done before posting all of them.

I haven't received an email about what to do next. I'm assuming that we'd want real LM comparisons and on course use impressions and the ther is usually a final follow up about six weeks or so down the line. I really shouldn't be toting with the loft on my driver but this shaft launches so high that I think I need to loft down to be consistent. Drive after drive looked the same today on the range.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Didn't you get the email about the delay in posting the unboxing and initial impressions stuff because of the snow and ice across the Midwest? I sent my write up in. I'm sure they are waiting on everyone to be able to get theirs done before posting all of them.

I haven't received an email about what to do next. I'm assuming that we'd want real LM comparisons and on course use impressions and the ther is usually a final follow up about six weeks or so down the line. I really shouldn't be toting with the loft on my driver but this shaft launches so high that I think I need to loft down to be consistent. Drive after drive looked the same today on the range.

We're waiting until everyone is ready to go. Should have the thread up tomorrow.

Guys I have to say that I'm not sure. I know he was very careful with the tip after reading the instructions from Paderson. Is there anything you all suggest I tell him. Other than spining, which I'm now eerie about bc of this guy, his work has been impeccable.

Why would you get him to spine the shaft? When I first hit Paderson I asked the same question. I was told logo always goes down

Why would you get him to spine the shaft? When I first hit Paderson I asked the same question. I was told logo always goes down

Apologies I mistyped. Jason told me to align the shaft logo down bc that gave it the strongest wall of the shaft in the bend point. To me that meant it would be spine aligned. I'm no club builder so sorry to misspeak.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Apologies I mistyped. Jason told me to align the shaft logo down bc that was gave the strongest wall of the shaft the bend point. To me that meant it would be spines. I'm no club builder so sorry to misspeak.

No reason to say sorry man. Hope you can finally get adaptor set up and really test it

Were we not supposed to send our LM and course impressions in already?   I've sent them all in and I keep logging in every day to see the compiled results post, or at least the unboxing impressions.

Nothing would make me happier than having course impressions. Nothing. But, ice. So no dice. Still. I'm going crazy

I am getting impatient...my irons and wedge shafts will be here tomorrow. Gunna be like opening up a brand new toy! I will post pics. I should have them built tomorrow afternoon depending on what time they arrive

So Donnie the LD guy is going to have graphite in his irons and wedges?  I guess my tour performance fitter was right.  He told me that at least 1/3 of the PGA tour would be bagging graphite by 2020.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So Donnie the LD guy is going to have graphite in his irons and wedges? I guess my tour performance fitter was right. He told me that at least 1/3 of the PGA tour would be bagging graphite by 2020.

I elected to go with the Kevlar blue iron shafts at 110g. The driver shaft has given me an advantage, I want that same advantage throughout the bag. The iron shafts are supposed to be the roundest on earth and that should make them more stable. I'll know in a few weeks. I'll be testing them side by side against my current set up using my es14

Iron and wedge shafts just arrived. Didn't have time to take pics bc of work but dropped them off at lunch and will have them ready to go tomorrow. They look SICK good. Will post pics of complete set tomorrow ;)

I'm very interested in your reviews of these shafts, as I'm considering the switch to graphite myself.

I AM curious why you chose the Kevlar Blue, since the Kevlar Blue shaft I initially got for the driver shaft review didn't fit me and I should receive my Kevlar Green shaft tomorrow.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I don't have the crazy speed that Donnie does, but this was a 3i shot with a Paderson Kevlar Blue iron shaft. This was a controlled swing, I got some out in the mid 270s when ripping at it. Needless to say, I'll never be going back to steel.

For comparison what was typical when you had a steel shaft in it?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I gotta agree with the graphite iron shaft sentiment.  They are so good now that dispersion is NOT an issue.   Weight tolerances are excellent as well.  Swingweighting is a breeze.

For comparison what was typical when you had a steel shaft in it?

Distance wise, on the FlightScope, I was around 235 carry, 250 total with steel.  These shafts are 20gm lighter and my SS is up about 4mph on the average.  I can tell you that I have played one round with these shafts and I flew it pin high on a par 5 from 225 uphill on a 40* day with my 4i, so it's not just obscene LM distance, it translates to the course.  I can't wait until it's actually warm.

Thanks for the feedback!

I know in my case, the Kevlar Blue was initially sent to me based solely on swing speed.  I've got a pretty aggressive transition.  I'm sure once I get some data gathered on the Kevlar Green on my driver, Jason and I can determine what model Paderson shaft I should consider for hybrids/irons.  I'll probably stick with the Genius shafts in my SCORs, for now anyway.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I'm very interested in your reviews of these shafts, as I'm considering the switch to graphite myself.

I AM curious why you chose the Kevlar Blue, since the Kevlar Blue shaft I initially got for the driver shaft review didn't fit me and I should receive my Kevlar Green shaft tomorrow.

The Kevlar green iron and wedge shafts will be replacing the Kevlar blue. The only difference in these are the colors, unlike the drivers and fairway woods. I went off of Jason's recommendations on what we discovered with my driver shaft. I hope to one day, fly out to California and work side by side with Paderson to come up with the absolute best fitting! I don't think it can get much better, but I am in search for perfection and I am sure with Jason's knowledge of both head/shaft combination I could get there.

The Kevlar green iron and wedge shafts will be replacing the Kevlar blue. The only difference in these are the colors, unlike the drivers and fairway woods. I went off of Jason's recommendations on what we discovered with my driver shaft. I hope to one day, fly out to California and work side by side with Paderson to come up with the absolute best fitting! I don't think it can get much better, but I am in search for perfection and I am sure with Jason's knowledge of both head/shaft combination I could get there.

Any idea on the other iron shaft? The nickel one I think? Is it the same shaft as well? I know the weight was a gram heavier

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived