My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so stupid!!!!!!   I went to take the picture that Mr. Theo requested and realized that the screw was still in the sleeve. So without the screw it fits perfectly and we are good to go here. I h

Thanks Rev, she's definitely the "better half" and I'd be lost without her!   We're finatlly getting back to "normal" now, but it was quite a fright.

Jesus H tap dancing Christ somebody go hit the thing already and tell us what's up!

Posted Images

Guys I have to say that I'm not sure. I know he was very careful with the tip after reading the instructions from Paderson. Is there anything you all suggest I tell him. Other than spining, which I'm now eerie about bc of this guy, his work has been impeccable.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Guys I have to say that I'm not sure. I know he was very careful with the tip after reading the instructions from Paderson. Is there anything you all suggest I tell him. Other than spining, which I'm now eerie about bc of this guy, his work has been impeccable.

Due to the construction method, Jason states that spine aligning will produce no benefit with the Paderson shafts - "Consequently, any attempt to "spine-align" would also produce indifferent results with this particular shaft. Any attempt at such could not possibly be quantitative! There is not a single instrument available to fitters, that would be capable of characterizing and isolating spine in the table rolled, lower half portion only to find homogenous agreement butt to tip."

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Due to the construction method, Jason states that spine aligning will produce no benefit with the Paderson shafts - "Consequently, any attempt to "spine-align" would also produce indifferent results with this particular shaft. Any attempt at such could not possibly be quantitative! There is not a single instrument available to fitters, that would be capable of characterizing and isolating spine in the table rolled, lower half portion only to find homogenous agreement butt to tip."

LOL...that's a little excessive, but I will say it's one of the best shafts I've Spined & FLO'd, in terms of alignment not making a difference.

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.0 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, March 2021
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B XS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Jason is obviously an engineer - It's like talking to my son or in former years my Dad, as either for help with a simple math problem and you'll walk away confused.

Having written that Jason's shaft is awesome!!!!! My Dad took part in building a pretty mean submarine that is still in service 30 years later and his grandson does a great job of keeping it afloat (while actually not afloat but you get the drift.)

Undershooter I had the same issue at first.  I took the shaft to my teaching pro who also fit me - he said, sure I can install that shaft in the adapter for you.  I think that Jason's instructions scared him a bit and even though I let the shaft set for over 24 hours the adapter started to wiggle after a dozen swings.  I had the club repair guy at Chi Chi Rodriquez fix it (he's a former tour van guy).  Nothing will shake that thing now - he was blown away by the shaft and wants me to bring the driver back so that he can hit it.

I'm going up tomorrow after work to meet him.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Shall I post pics of my driver and fairway shafts?

Enough with the teaser, where are those pics!! ;)

• Like 1

What's In The Bag

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Due to the construction method, Jason states that spine aligning will produce no benefit with the Paderson shafts - "Consequently, any attempt to "spine-align" would also produce indifferent results with this particular shaft. Any attempt at such could not possibly be quantitative! [/size]There is not a single instrument available to fitters, that would be capable of characterizing and isolating spine in the table rolled, lower half portion only to find homogenous agreement butt to tip."[/size]

Interesting because he told me to spine it. What I mentioned earlier a bout being eerie about spining now had nothing to do with this shaft. The info is in another thread. He told me to spine the shaft but that I would not see a huge difference either way.

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

Interesting because he told me to spine it. What I mentioned earlier a bout being eerie about spining now had nothing to do with this shaft. The info is in another thread. He told me to spine the shaft but that I would not see a huge difference either way.

What shaft do you have?

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

K green D40

These shafts have me seriously interested. Sitting around the next few months I might get bored and pick a couple up

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I'm interested as well but their website is no help.

Edit: I worded that in a harsh way. Donnie was able to point me in the right direction. Still would be nice to read a bit about each shaft ahead of time.

• Like 2

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I'm interested as well but their website is no help.

Edit: I worded that in a harsh way. Donnie was able to point me in the right direction. Still would be nice to read a bit about each shaft ahead of time.

No, I've been to their site. It's no help. They need to spend some time on that for sure.

• Like 1

Donnie, what length did you have yours cut to?  Are you thinking of using a Paderson shaft for competition this year?

I work from home on Tuesday and got my work done early so that I could have a range session over lunch.  It's a beautiful Spring day here (watch exhibition baseball on sports center or MLB and you'll see.)  It's also breezy (very typical for this time of year.  I had been toying with the idea of lofting down and so thought I'd try it as the range I went to had us dead into a 20 MPH zephyr.  The guy was next to is a very strong player, mini-tour guy in his younger years, regained amateur status, a force among senior players in our area.  He was towards the end of his session and hitting drivers.  Mine drives were every bit as long as his were!!!!!!  He kept looking over at me - we sometimes play in a big Friday game together and we've played together.  He's a good guy but doesn't say much.  He did grunt out, "have you been working out this winter or something?"

I'm playing again on Friday and then will look to have another LM session next week.  I will record those numbers and wait until the guys are ready to have us send the next report in.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Donnie, what length did you have yours cut to? Are you thinking of using a Paderson shaft for competition this year?

I work from home on Tuesday and got my work done early so that I could have a range session over lunch. It's a beautiful Spring day here (watch exhibition baseball on sports center or MLB and you'll see.) It's also breezy (very typical for this time of year. I had been toying with the idea of lofting down and so thought I'd try it as the range I went to had us dead into a 20 MPH zephyr. The guy was next to is a very strong player, mini-tour guy in his younger years, regained amateur status, a force among senior players in our area. He was towards the end of his session and hitting drivers. Mine drives were every bit as long as his were!!!!!! He kept looking over at me - we sometimes play in a big Friday game together and we've played together. He's a good guy but doesn't say much. He did grunt out, "have you been working out this winter or something?"

I'm playing again on Friday and then will look to have another LM session next week. I will record those numbers and wait until the guys are ready to have us send the next report in.

My golf driver is 45" and my ld drivers are just under 48". I would not compete with anything else. No other ld shaft on the market is as high of launching and as low spin. My spin rates are below 2000 for the first time ever with ideal launch angles and an increase in ball speed. One of the best things I like, I get to increase my loft. I compete with typically a 7-7.5* driver now.

• Like 1

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

Hit mine outdoors for the first time yesterday.  Was hoping to get more time this week, but the weatherman is calling for 1-2" of ice and 4-6" of snow.

It looks like in the space of less than two weeks, we'll be transitioning from sub-zero temps and Blizzard Warnings to the MID-50's next week!!!

Is it possible we'll have Spring this year??

What's In The Bag

Fairway Wood

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

"...I'm playing again on Friday and then will look to have another LM session next week.  I will record those numbers and wait until the guys are ready to have us send the next report in.

Were we not supposed to send our LM and course impressions in already?   I've sent them all in and I keep logging in every day to see the compiled results post, or at least the unboxing impressions.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x