My Paderson Test Shaft has Arrived!

markb

Any idea on the other iron shaft? The nickel one I think? Is it the same shaft as well? I know the weight was a gram heavier

It's not the same shaft, but I do not know exactly what the differences are.

"You have an army, we have a HULK"-Tony Stark

It's not the same shaft, but I do not know exactly what the differences are.

Was just curious. I'm excited to see how they work for you.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

I am going to test 4,6,8, and pw side by side with my current set this afternoon and will get some data on my es14. If you have a better idea, please share

I am going to test 4,6,8, and pw side by side with my current set this afternoon and will get some data on my es14. If you have a better idea, please share

Send it all my way and let me do it for you ;) good luck!

• Like 1

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

= bad idea. However, it was worth a try

Its a great idea... For me :)

You on the other hand, not such a great idea lol

Ok, the more I hear about these shafts, the more I want to try them, although I'm not sure what version to try.

However, who here buys this claim?

Screenshot_2015-03-06-20-45-26.png

Generates energy? Increases frequency when greater force is applied? Hmmm.

It could be more efficient at transferring energy, but generating energy? No.

Can the frequency change based on the load? Easy enough to test with a frequency meter. Pull it down 2 inches and release it and then pull it down 4 inches and see the result. Shafts vibrate at the same frequency regardless of the applied load. Does anyone have a frequency meter to test this? I have one in my garage in New Mexico, but not up here. I don't have a Paderson shaft to check out either way anyway though.

This isn't meant to take away from how the shafts perform, which sounds impressive so far. But some things in a sales pitch just jump out at you and make you say, "Wait a minute.".

• Like 2

Okay, so I hit the iron shafts...it was 45* outside. Once I got lose, club head speed with 8 iron was right at 118 mph per es14. Distance was very consistent one warmed up I was 178-180 yards. The main thing is how stable they were. I was hitting shot after shot with the same ball flight. So, a graphite shafted iron shaft holds up to the 118 mph 8 iron swing. Impressed? I was

• Like 2

here are a few pics before I put the grips on.  I don't have the grips that are going to be on here permanently, but thank to the technology of pure grips, I can take the ones I have on and off.  This combination is a thing of beauty!  They also feel really good and perform pretty well for a guy with a bummed shoulder (working on letting it heal which means no working out) hitting 3/4 8 irons.

paderson irons 2.jpg

paderson irons 3.jpg

paderson irons.jpg

@Blade I suppose it's the ridiculous marketing claim that rubs the wrong way. I'm going to start a thread on it. This one didn't bother me because I didn't read it closely enough. Thanks for pointing it out.

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

Not a mechanical engineer. I do construction related survey and 3D computer design and modeling for 3D machine control/guidance applications. I moved to Colorado to do sales, support and training for a Trimble dealer (SITECH Rocky Mountain) for the construction and mining industries.

The house in New Mexico is East of Abq off I-40 in Edgewood. I doubt we'll move back at this point. It's rented out right now. Will probably sell it.

here are a few pics before I put the grips on.  I don't have the grips that are going to be on here permanently, but thank to the technology of pure grips, I can take the ones I have on and off.  This combination is a thing of beauty!  They also feel really good and perform pretty well for a guy with a bummed shoulder (working on letting it heal which means no working out) hitting 3/4 8 irons.

Sweet looking clubs!

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Okay, so I hit the iron shafts...it was 45* outside. Once I got lose, club head speed with 8 iron was right at 118 mph per es14. Distance was very consistent one warmed up I was 178-180 yards. The main thing is how stable they were. I was hitting shot after shot with the same ball flight. So, a graphite shafted iron shaft holds up to the 118 mph 8 iron swing. Impressed? I was

Very nice looking sticks sir. What was the ball flight compared to the px 7.5? Also did you get a spin rate difference?

You have to be getting some insane spin numbers, because I'm hitting my 8i that length with 15mph less swing speed.

You have to be getting some insane spin numbers, because I'm hitting my 8i that length with 15mph less swing speed.

Maybe it was the artificial lighting messing up the speeds. Maybe it was the range balls. I don't know, but if I were to hit an 8 iron only 180 yards and hit it as accurate as I did with them, I would take it all day.

Maybe it was the artificial lighting messing up the speeds. Maybe it was the range balls. I don't know, but if I were to hit an 8 iron only 180 yards and hit it as accurate as I did with them, I would take it all day.

Are you going off visual distance with range balls or the es14 distance? I can see 180 with range balls, that's probably closer to 200 with gamer balls. Does that es14 give spin rates? I'm just curious as to what kind of spin you generate with that type of SS in a short iron.

Are you going off visual distance with range balls or the es14 distance? I can see 180 with range balls, that's probably closer to 200 with gamer balls. Does that es14 give spin rates? I'm just curious as to what kind of spin you generate with that type of SS in a short iron.

Yes, it gives spin numbers...however I know the spin is not correct at all.  Thats the one downfall to it.  However, for the price and the accuracy of the distance...It's worth it.  I will try and get some numbers on a flightscope. I have tested in side by side against an GC2 and the distances were identical.  The spin rates were a good bit different, way higher on the ES14.  (I spoke with Ernest Sports about this and I will be sending it back to them for a firmware update which is supposed to help.)

I just got my replacement (Kevlar Green) shaft delivered on Friday and was able to hit with it for the first time this morning.

All I'll say for now is, it's a MUCH better fit for me!! ;)

• Like 2

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite